Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I am in Fentanyl Hell, Please Help!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am in Fentanyl Hell, Please Help!!!!

This isn't an addiction question. I am however desperate for the applied and amassed knowledge that you guys possess. From one dead-head to many, many (I hope) others. I need a miracle!

Here's my situation and I beg knowledge of you please.

For the last 3 months I've been on the 100 Mcg Fentanly Patch. Recently I changed insurance and had to try the Jansen (named brand) of Fentanly over the generic made by Watson that I had been using for the last 3 months.

After about 10 days on the Jansen patches I started having acid in my mouth, major anxiety, fire in my stomach and feelings of total withdrawal. All this with the patch on. I tried adding another patch thinking that it was just a weak patch and my agony tripled.

Right now I'm trying to manage 100Mcg Fentaly patches with 30mcg Oxycontin and it sure as hell feels like trying to fight a wildfire with a thimble I'm filling from a shotglass of water.

I try to put on any Fentanly patch and my agony explodes. Fire everywhere, acid in my mouth and god it is agony.

Have any of you in all your journey's ever heard of this and do you have any advice?

Chlonodine may as well be candy. Diazepam even at 20 mg doesn't even touch the anxiety.

My doctor is willing to do anything he can we just our plain out of ideas.

You guys are the true Jedi's and I desperately need to know if any of you have heard of this?

Thanks from Idaho!
Tags: fentanyl, Anxiety, abdominal pain, acid mouth
Sorry I have ZERO experience w/Fent.Patches.....but as I read your pleas and predicament....I was wondering something.  In my past, a very long time ago when I needed a specific allergy med, my insurance company would not approve it without a letter from my dr justifying and explaining the need for a certain name brand.  That's how we got it accomplished.

If you say your dr is willing to do anything for you and your insurance co is only covering the Jansen patch (routinely) now, a letter from your dr insisting on the Watson patch could well solve the problem.  It may be a tedious, time consuming process.....but maybe it would work.  Just a thought for you~
I agree that the most reasonable step would be to have your doctor contact the insurance company and insist on the brand that you used initially...you obviously are either allergic, or are not tolerating something in the newer patches. Trying to medicate away the symptoms will be futile if it is an allergic reaction, or an intolerance.

I think that would be the best approach.  If the insurance company won't comply, I would think you may have to try something all together different, but the hard part about that is, not too much that is stronger than a 100mcg Fentanyl patch.  Be sure to utiliize all of your insurance company's aoppeals processes, etc.

Very best to you, hope you get it figured out!