Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I am losing my willpower this pain is just too much.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have chronic pain from RSD and injuries of which there is no cure at this time and the last three nights I've hurt so bad from the pain, not sure I can keep this up. I have to rest..........and I can't take Nsaids.

I hate this but I have a life to live.

Thanks for listening.

Cissy
HI...no problem with listening :-).  What was your pain med?  Did you quit ct and is your 3rd day of stopping?  

Need more info...

Thx,

Guy
If you have true chronic pain, there is nothing wrong with using pain pills to improve you quality of living. I was told by my pain mgmt DR that I may be on the meds the rest of my life. Now if you have trouble staying within the allowed amount of pills then ask someone to hold the pills for you and only give them when you really need them. You might go to the pain management forum on this site. You can get good info and support there. Good luck!!
Yes I stopped CT and my drug was Hydro's 10/650. I am now off them 19 days and I feel great other than my unbearable pain. I am so tired cause the pain does has not let me rest the last 3 nights.

Cissy
Thanks for your response and I do have TRUE PAIN. My doc once said you never have to worry about an RSD patient selling their meds as the pain is so bad they would die first and boy is he so right.

I've been to more pain management docs that I care to recall and they've done procedures where they put needles in my spine to try and block the pain to no avail, and with each procedure I have to sign a form that I realize I may come out paralyzed, and I am NOT doing that again.

I am disabled but I can at least walk............not very good, but I am not going to be their gueina pig (SP) anymore.

Cissy
What made you stop the pills? Were you abusing them? Or you just wanted off of them? I dunno, to me if you have a lot of pain and there is a way to take away the pain then why not use it??? It just sounds like you really need some relief...I wish you luck whatever you do!!!
I stopped the pills because I was just sick of having to take a narcotic and afraid of really needing surgery and them not being able to take my pain away.

Also I was up'g my dose due to the 10 mg's wasn't helping as much for the pain. I told a doc once the pain is so bad in my foot that some days I just want the foot off, but with RSD that would not take the pain away. RSD can move to other parts of your body, but thank God so far thats not happened to me yet.

Cissy
Hi Cissy I just went back in your post and pulled up your very first one here a MH..

My doctor understands my pain and he gives me 90 hydrocone at the beginning of each month.............but I use them up in a week or so and then I go through the hell of withdrawals and then I am off them about 3 weeks and I feel fine and feel my life is back other than the pain...........and I also have to be honest I WANT THOSE DRUGS when it's time to refill them...........I mean I don't want them but my brain does.

Please I need advice as I am so sick of this and going through the pure hell of withdrawals every month.........and wish I could some how get the control to NOT get the refill.

I also live with pain and have a lot of metal in my foot.. I know how the walking thing goes I have 3 plates and 16 screws in my right foot.. You have me beat by 1 screw in your ankle and I have you beat by 1 plate lol but seriously.. If you are going to return to them for pain you need to tell your Husband so he can dole them out to you.. as addicts you very well know we can not just take one.. I had surgery 3 weeks ago my shoulder replaced as I deal with a lot of arthritis my husband has been holding my meds.. I will be quitting them tomorrow although I have not abused I have to admit my mind has turned to them more then once.. I do not mean this to be in your face type of post just a gentle reminder of where you came from.. I wish you all the best.. lesa
I did not take it as an *in your face post.* I am most grateful to everyone I've met and come in contact with on this forum as the last 19 days has been so hard and without this forum not sure I would have made it.

I felt so lost and alone before I found this forum and I've learned so much so thank you and everyone for any and all advice. I am not easily offended as I know everyone has my best interest at heart.

I have lots of arthritis too and if only I could take NSAIDs but I can't.

Anyway thank you and good luck to you as well.

Cissy