Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I can see how people don't get to the other side

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have just got to vent for a moment. off subs since 0/9/09.that's close to 3 wks. I still can not get out of my own way. it was easier with the acute withdrawals, at least I knew those would end at some point...I'm feeling very worn down from feeling like this. I'm trying to think of something... anything to give me a reprieve from these uncomfortable feelins. I'll keep plugging but.... I'm praying for relief today.
You have made it 3 weeks I'm new at this but like you told me you can do this stay in the fight and keep on keeping on you can do this
hey how you feelin1
At exactly 21 days, my sleeping got better after subs. At 30 days, I was feeling pretty normal, just a little low energy. You are really close to the turning point where you can feel yourself getting better every day. At 18 days, I really wanted to take a little piece of sub, but 3 days later I was so glad I didn't. Exercise, exercise, exercise. The more I got my heart rate up, the better I felt and faster I healed. You are at the point when I started really trying to work the 12 steps. I started taking my attention on feeling better and focused on being better. I still have a long way to go, but it's getting easier. You are doing great.
thanks weaver.. you have given me abit of hope....again.. my head hurts maybe a little walk... just down...
I'm doing better still crying my eyes out but I'm not giving into this I'm staying strong for my kid and myself taking it hour by hour slow min by slow min lol
crying can't hurt...i've done some of that. i'm so glad your doing it.post often.kind words help...
You are doing great thus far, keep up the good work, it will get better i promise!!!!  At my 30 day mark i really started feeling better, anxiety issues but i started to get some sleep, by 40 days it was so much better.  We are all different but in the end we all get better:)  Embrace the crying, let all those feelings out, it actually felt like a sense of relief for me, i cried for 40 days straight, and i have it admit it did feel good after.  Try to keep yourself busy, maybe take on a small project/hobby, just to keep your mind off it.  Rest when you need to, our bodies have been through so much so now its time for some pampering:)  Keep up the good work
Get out and get some fresh air.  Try and take a short walk or something.  If the sun is out sit there for a bit.  Sunshine really does help.  You are doing great so keep going.  The rewards will be endless~~sara
Everything you are feeling is normal, and it will still continue to get easier.  Time does heal alot of this, but as I am learning at 177 days, I don't think the mental part of addiction ever really leaves us for good.  I became very angry about this recently because I felt like I had already fought this thing with every ounce of my soul and when thoughts of using started popping back into my head, I just couldn't believe it!  I think now I have accepted it, for whatever reason, this is the battle I have been given to fight in my lifetime.  I'm not too happy about that, but it's easier to just accept it than to try and prove it wrong.
  It really will get to a point where you will go days, weeks, & months without being bothered with pills, but I don't think it ever fully goes away.  You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself, the others in your life, and for people who are in this battle as well.  You are paving away for others and showing that although it isn't always easy, it is possible.  Congrats on 3 weeks:)
You are doing great!  It's a long road and I am right there with you.  I am at 45 days and fighting it with all by being.  I am not going to lie and say I don't struggle but it's not all day, every day anymore.  I just keep reading about addiction and how it's a real disease.  It was not my choice to be here and like every other disease it takes time to heal.  The part that bothers me the most about this disease is the lack of understanding from a lot of non-addict people.  There definitely isn't the sympathy or empathy as a cancer patient would get. That's why this site has been a great lifeline.  In the end I think it just makes us all stronger!!!    My therapist and my pastor are always saying give yourself a break, quit being so hard on yourself.  I want to feel better now too!!  Any day is better to me than being on those pills that ran my life.  Keep up the good work-just put one foot in front of the other, keep moving and don't look back :-)
thank you all for your encouragement.. this has been my only support and ,I will get through this, but it does get discouragng I am just going to have to give myself a more time than I previously thought I would need. It takes everything I have to get through work, and pretend I am ok (they call me sunshine) oh boy....