Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I can't sit still

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I can't sit still

Since tapering down I have noticed that I fidget alot. I smoke more and just can't concentrate
This is not good for work.

Dove
I know it is really hard right now but it will get easier ...You may find that its less suffering to just cold turkey hun........
avis
sorry, just the opposite for me....Tapering down to 5 was all i could take, i was prolonging misery so i just bit the bullet and went c/t..Of course i did a fast taper and steph spanked me, because i had to go see my heart doctor and wear a monitor..lolNever smoked more either...Actually i smoke alot less since i am off of these pills...Wish i could of helped.
r2r
I myself have been weening off of methadone by titrating it 5 mg a week.  I am down to 15mg from 100.  BUT the last 2 months have been a living hell for me.  The stomach cramps, insomnia, and NO energy have been the worst.  Sometimes I feel like I am just dragging it out and it would be much easier to just have a world of pain and misery for a week than being depressed and achy all day everyday for the past couple months.  I just still can not get myself to bite the bullet as you say and go cold turkey.  Darn, it sux so bad!  I really wish I could do it for myself and my family but I cant.  Hopefully I can get myself down down to a couple mg's and then skip every other day or so.  I have thought about the suboxone (have you?) but I have heard so many mixed reviews on it I am scared of the precipitated withdrawl (withdrawal) that many people have experienced after taking their first dose.  But I have heard it works wonderful if you are on a short acting opiate instead of methadone.  Just another option for you if you didnt know about it......go to naabt.com.  Its an awesome site that will explain everything.  Good luck to you and your endeavor........Take care.  Jessica