Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I caught my husband snorting pain pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I caught my husband snorting pain pills

I recently caught my husband snorting pain pills for the 3rd time now.  I have had enough of the lies and B.S. that he comes up with to cover his addiction.  He does not think that what he is doing is wrong, however when I told him to call his doctor and tell him what he has been doing (snorting pills) it completely freaked him out.  My husband broke his back around 10+ years ago.  He was not taking any pain pills for his back until about a 2 years ago.  He has a highly addictive personality and moves from one addiction to another.  He plays online gaming when he's not doing whatever else it is he does.  I know that I need to get away, we have a 1 year old son...I am so mad and hurt that he puts this addiction, this drug...above everything else.  I'm just looking for answers...to what I already know in my heart I should do.  
I'm sorry your in such a difficult and heartbreaking situation. But like you said, you know what you have to do. Whatever is best for you and your son. It's hard to leave I know but it sounds like staying is going to be harder on both of you. Only you can know whats best for your family though.
I'll assume since your husband couldn't deal with the thought of telling his doc that he won't be open to getting help at this point.

Someone losing all soemone has is enough to make them wake up enough to see what the pills are doing. Because right now the pills have so much control over him he may not be able to see farther than his next oppertunity to use.
It's a hard situation with no easy answer though I wish there were.  

Just make sure you take care of yourself and your son. Your sons at a very important age where he's beginning to take in more and more of his enviorment.
I'm sorry I have no answers to give you. With the way the laws are set up for patient confedientiality his doc may not be open to talking with you but that doesn't mean that you can't try to at least tell your husbands doc your concerned about his use of the pills.

I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions.

Amph
Typo, I ment to say sometimes someone losing all they have is enough to make them wake up and see what they're losing. But not all the time because everybodies rock bottom is different.
Sotty bout that typo
As a recovering addict I can tell you first hand that an addiction doesn't care about anyone get out while you can and keep yourself and your son safe. Addiction leads to nasty things from addicts.If I would of known how I would abuse my family and friend in the end to get what I wanted, I personally would of told them to run and to do it as fast as they could.All the best I know that it is hard but you deserve to have peace and happiness and it won't be found in an addiction based relationship