Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I feel guilty

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I feel guilty

hey guys just giving an update. today is 16 off hydros. the anxiety attacks i was having today are worse than ever. i have been just dealing with it. i took a valium to calm me down i have only had taken this one since i quit hydros. but i feel guilty, ashamed and so mad at myself that a took a pill. i have never abused valuim in my life. but the thought that i have taking something addictive has dropped my self respect.

so what do ya think?

thanks for helping   chris
I think we always have to be careful with anything we take.  I never take valium and took one yesterday cause of my panic attacks during that craving. Panic attacks are scary and luckily i don't have them too often. I don't think you should feel guilty, you were honest about taking it, but don't make it a habit, just as I won't. Congrats on 16 days:)
thanks gizzy ya i worry all the time, but by letting it out here helps and i do feel better when im honest.
Grats at 16
Try not to beat yourself up too much over it.  Was it prescribed to you for anxiety attacks?  16 days huh?  You should be over the hard part.  Great job! I'm new here, so how did you do it?  
I have panic attacks also. I had to use Klonopin for months and I never abused them. I am on Celexa now which is an anti-depressant and it helps my anxiety and is not addicting.The mental stuff is a monster. Anxiety was my worst mental  symptom. It will get better. Wakk fast or jog...do something to get your heart rate up and I promise it will help. Congrats on 16 days. Corey
Don't feel guilty about it,  sometimes we all need to forgive ourselves and realize that we are human.  You are still on the right track keep up the good clean days!!  16 days is great, your not too far behind me!

Ella789......... 25 days opiate free and doing okay  :)
im not persribed anything i just got a few for the thomas recipe but never wanted to take them. to be honest i think it was way more mental because i felt less anxiety after a couple mins taking it. that stuff doesnt kick in that quick. for me i stopped ct and delt with being sick. at 7 days left with girlfriend went to a waterpark, and did things to keep my mind going. this morning i just for some reason just kept thinking about pills and got all worked up. the last 4 days ive been fine physically. just felt like i was going insane. whent for a run and i literally felt the anxiety leaving my body. its not fun but im getting better.