Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I have to do this for my family please help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I can't believe I have done this to myself.  I take up to 10 lortab 10 s a day. I had such a perfect life before I started this crap. I just want my old life back.  I haven't had anything in 24 hrs and I'm sooooo miserable.  Please help.
Have you considered an inpatient or outpatient rehab?
It's just not an option for me I don't think.  I have hidden my addiction and have a 5 month old that needs me.  I really want to do this cold turkey and never touch this poison again!  I don't want to have to tell my family
This too shall pass.  Just hang in there a few more days and you will be home free!!!!  Hang in baby and only about 4-7 days for the real bad feeling.  The hard part is gonna be trying to stay clean.  Good Luck
Hang in baby
Lisa
Jacksonville,FL
Sorry dear, it just doesn't work that way. The disease wants us to keep our little secrets...it's what keeps us coming back. You need to come clean and get support. This is hard enough without people around you loving you through the process. Long term clean time is dependent on rigorous honesty. Have you considered NA or AA meetings? An addiction counselor? Group therapy? There's many types of aftercare.
Thanks so much. It feels really good to have support and actually admit I am an addict...wow
I am going to start exploring some aftercare...I live on a small town and everyone knows everyone and I am just really embarrassed.  
Embarrassment is your disease trying to talk you into keeping secrets.
Yeah I would like to go to an addiction counselor one on one.  Is that a type of aftercare.  Just so it is very private
Honey, I live in a teeny tiny town too.  The way I look at it......I would rather everyone know that I am an addict who is turning my life around than them know that I am still using.  If the town is small enough, then people know!  Your consequences will get more and more severe until you have hit bottom like you hear many people say.  Tell someone, especially if you have kids.  You NEED the help and support.  This can be done much easier under the care of a doctor and with some family support!  Promise!