Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I need help getting clean.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I need help getting clean.

Im addicted to hydrocodone. It all started about two years ago when my dentist gave me a prescription for them I liked the feeling so after they were all gone I started stealing them from people I love. I have never been caught doing it and I feel so horrible for doing it. I started out taking 2 5mgs a day and now I take about 11-12 10mgs a day that I steal from my grand parents, mom, and dad. I dont feel normal and can barely function without taking them everyday. What should I do? I cant afford rehab and I dont want my friends and family to know. They would never trust me ever again.
You do need outside help jord I think you know that so you may have to tell the parents what you have been doing, may I ask are they also addicted to hydrocodone?, because I dont see how you can do this is they are ..
I'm getting clean too. From hydro and roxys and Oxus. Just signed up tonight. Maybe we could help each other out and be of some support. First thing just remember what your setting out to do. What we are .. We are trying not to take pills. So let's not pick up. Email me or something. We will talk..
Just want to let you guys know there is a great Substance Abuse forum on MH with some good help in getting clean and ideas from folks going through similar..good luck to you both
Get involved at an Recovery 12 step program! They are free and you can find that at churches all around. People go for porn, med addictions, sexual abuse, sexual impurity, over eating... Etc... And codependency... It will change your life I promise!!
I have been there, stealing pills its not a good place. But i am really worried, is it bad that i dont feel bad for what i have done? I feel no remorse, guilt, or sad and to be honest it scares me more.
Read what DFRG said get involved in a program to help you it will be worth it, and yes I would tell your parents they will help you good Luck