Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I need help with opiate withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I need help with opiate withdrawal

ok heres my story. I have suffered from serious back pain caused by spinal stenosis for about 8 years. for the last 2 years, i have been taking percocet in the strength of 5/325. I usually take 4-5 over the course of a 20 hour day. my Dr. writes me a rx for 120 every month. I am at the point where i want to stop relying on painkillers, and the anxiety that comes with " what do i do if i run out early?".... does anyone know of any over the counter, or natural meds that will help with the withdrawal symptoms?? mainly its the physical aches and pains that im concerned with...stuff like aleve, and other otc pain meds never did anything for me really..and im going to be hurting enough when im off these just with the back pain alone...so any advice would be appreciate beyond comprehension...thank you.
Boy oh boy, did you come to the right place! If you are REALLY ready, you have to know that no matter what you do there will be discomfort. I'm gonna keep it real w/ya, hope I don't scare ya. I am on Day 6 cold turkey off of Methadone. I am using the Thomas Recipe, ever heard of it?
Well here it is copy and pasted for your reading and withdrawal pleasure...

Thomas Detox Recipe

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

This recipe is designed for cold turkey opiate detox. It assumes that you can get about 5 to 7 days away from your job or household responsibilities during which you can sleep, veg and act as miserable as you feel. Opiate WD mimics the symptoms of the common flu, so, if you need a smokescreen, hide behind a bad case of the flu.

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (immodium) (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium (immodium) aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

With breakfast, take the mineral supplement.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have any medical complications, first check with your doctor before detoxing to verify that this regimen is safe for you.

So, there it is in it's entirety. This is what got me to Day6. Hope it helps you as well.***@****. If you want more personal help, I'm here for you.
~Lisa
Well, it sounds like you are in the same position many of us have found ourselves in......I want to quit, but don't want to feel the pains of it. The answer is not that easy.  I am not positive if there is anything out there that will help the aches, but from my experience you will need plenty of ibpro., just don't over do it.

I am two weeks off the pain killers and I have to be honest, going cold turkey was the hardest thing I have ever done (especially having to work and be a mother throughout it all).  However, the worst part of all of it was the not being able to sleep.  I went 48 hours at one time without sleeping a wink!

Before you decide to quit taking the pills, make sure that it is a good time for you.  You will need plenty of rest and lots of support.  Yes, there will be horrible days, usually around day 2, but after about 3 full days of being "clean" you will feel a little bit better.

However, you do need to know that your body will need about 10-14 days to get back to feeling somewhat "normal".  You will have little energy, with chills and aches, but the worst will be over.

You can do this!  I can tell you that Ambien was great to help me sleep during the recovery.  You may want to talk to your doctor to get some.  At least this way you will be able to sleep away the worst days......I didn't get some until afterward and really wished I had them earlier.

If you really want this, you can do it.  It will be difficult, but if you want it bad enough, you will do it.  You may want to focus on something in your life that is giving you the "want" to change, and keep that in mind when you feel like you can't anymore.  Loved ones are always worth bettering yourself!
Well spoken!
:-)
how long does PAWS last for methadone?  besides the iv amino acids, how else can you speed it up?
TO ATTORNEY:

You are exactly right - 2 days sucked, 3 days (today) much better. I did not do the ambien but have done the Thomas Recipe since yesterday and IT DOES help a lot!!!!
It took me over a month to get to your present dose. I used the taper method. At 100mg oxy (20percs) at the end it was brutal getting to 20 mg. I am now below 5mg day and will be off by next week. Uou might consider the taper method but if you have access to 120 month you will take them. You need to have help and turn over your meds or throw them away and go ct. I tried c/t 1 day and went to doctor and my blood pressure was up 80 pts. They gave me a taper schedule along with prednisone and megavitamins. Almost done. Keep reading. This is a great group
I needed to read this thread.   Ok... so 9 days clean of Vics..two days clean of Xanax..well almost 2-days.    I used the Xanax 1mg a day to sleep.   Ok... so today I was a bit weepy eyed... I did the Cold Turkey thing because for me it just made sense...I figured I'd take the hit go for the worst of it and get over it.  OK...so far so good.   Went through sweats, and chills runny nose, sneezing, THE FLIPPIN RUNs, Stomach Cramping muscles screaming....you all know the drill.

Today I'm feeling sad... I haven't been out of the house since Xmas Day...so I decided I was going to face the world as a drug free individual.   Physically, I'm not feeling so bad and of course, being new to this withdrawal thing, I am analyzing every fiber of my being at every given moment.  I'm digressing here....

I get in the car...very proud that I managed to look relatively OK..got my make up on, etc., and I'm going to meet my G/F and her hubby for dinner.   Now this is my best friend...we have known eachother for 40 years....I GOT LOST GOING TO HER HOUSE...totally disoriented, I had to stop the car to figure out where I was and had to talk myself through how I had to get where I was going from where I was.   GAWD... no one prepared me for this crapola.  I actually drove 15 minutes out of my way going somewhere I normally go on an average of 2x's a week.   That was 15 minutes before I realized I was going to where?   I have no clue.

I have no appetite so I flipped my food around on my plate at the restaurant then asked for a box for the dog.   Dinner was uneventful...but I just couldn't sit and relax I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I had to do food shopping so I managed to scuff my way through that as well...and I'm home and didn't hurt anyone.   But how long does this last??

I just want to sleep... and I don't know how to do that either.

I will NEVER go through this again.... EVER!

Now of course, my G/F knows I stopped with the pills.  She eats percs faster than I can count when she runs out of Rx..she buys them from HER FRIEND @ 7 bucks a pop....we are together so much and tonight for the first time I saw her.... I actually saw "me" in a whole other light.    I am so afraid for her and I have no right to be judgemental ... I would actually go through this FOR HER if I could.  

Sorry for the loooong post... I really need some help here.

XoXo
Gip
Paste the link below into your browser for information about Methadone withdrawal:

http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm

To answer your question... everyone is different but generally, it has been found that following opiate detox, there are two periods of protracted withdrawal. The first (or sub-acute withdrawal) lasts 2-8 weeks and people describe moderate to severe insomnia and fatigue, low energy, and other depressive symptoms. This is quite variable but is sometimes difficult for people to tolerate. Unfortunately medications have only a limited effect. However the symptoms always go away with time as the brain heals and restores itself to its natural state. This is where the aminos can greatly help. The second phase is very mild and is easily tolerated because by this stage the patients feel so much better than when they were using drugs.

I do not know of a quick fix... time takes time. The human body is an amazing thing and there is a concept called homeostasis (balance). The body will return to a balanced state and the brain/neurotransmitters will balance given sufficient time off of the methadone. But this all takes time... one approach to detox, minimizing PAWS, and faster balance is a Suboxone detox for 1-2 weeks and then amino acid therapy for 10 days with periodic boosters over the next year. This is not an inexpensive proposition but can help someone during early detox and recovery when relapse is more likely due to PAWS related conditions that persist and make using again seem like the only way to feel normal. I have been through Methadone withdrawal and recovery and it was hell... the depression sucked, I couldn't keep my legs still... I could not sleep and was miserable... I literally wanted to die and found myself thinking of plans to end it all... slowly, one day at a time, things got better and then one day I realized that I could see colors again... I could taste my food again... I could laugh... and all without any chemical assistance. I have a relationship with God today and I am grateful for his grace that lifted me out of the opiate addiction... but I needed help to make it during the early days of withdrawal or else I would have gotten loaded again and I could never have found a relationship with a God of my understanding while Methadone stood between me and that God... sorry for the long winded reply and I hope that I helped even a little... I will pray for strength for you tonight and please do not hesitate to ask for help from anyone... the hardest three words for people like us to say are "I NEED HELP"... Michael

I also have been in your shoes and I am celebrating another year of continuous sobriety next week after a long history of dependence on opiates. If you have ever been through withdrawal or experienced the beginning of withdrawal while waiting for a prescription to be called in or filled, then the prospect of going through withdrawal is frightening. The only way to the other side of this fear is through it... unfortunately, not many people understand Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrom (syndrome) (PAWS) and the reason why it is difficult to stay off of opiates after the initial hell of withdrawal is over. The acute phase of withdrawal is miserable but the post acute phase needs mention... during post acute withdrawal you will experience symptoms such as neuropathy (restless legs, etc.), claustrophobia (you want to be anywhere except where you are), depression (crying excessively and you do not understand why you are so sad), racing thoughts, and the worst in my opinion working with others and from my personal experience, the inability to sleep (you are physically exhausted and just when you think you might sleep your brain starts working overtime again).... the bad news is... most people experience one or more of these symptoms after the first 72 hours of detox.... the good news is... all of these symptoms will subside over time... sleep will return... you will dream again meaning that you will hit REM sleep again... many people cannot remember the last time that they had a dream... dreams will return in technicolor... good luck and God speed... if I can help please email directly at ***@****... also, there is an amazing detox protocol for opiates (oxycontin, methadone, lortab, etc.) that is available in only 3 places in the U.S.... IV amino acids... the results are amazing... the detox symptoms subside immediately and post acute withdrawal is minimized because the amino acids actually work to repair the receptor sites in the brain... amazing stuff.. I would never have believed it except that I have seen someone I know who could not be successfully detoxed from years of methadone using a methadone taper but was successful going through the amino acid process... it is amazing... I can tell you more if anyone is interested...
Subutex saved my life...ask about it, I had to because a friend had told me. No one offered it. There is too much to write so look it up and do the research.  All I can say is I get up happy, I have energy, peace, I want to eat, lif e is a joy now, my eyes are open for the first time in 20 years.  it helps with withdrawls, it last all day, and I just feel normal and don't have any cravings what so ever.....Find some to prescribe it to you...find this little miracle, you won't believe it.
Hello to everyone and thank you to everyone for the helpful posts but mostly for the realization that other people are going through/ have gone through this strange and isolating hell.  I have done it before and made it through all of the **** on my vacation (duh- an awful way to spend the last half of vacation, but one just cannot be so sick and constantly whine and cry at work - lol!)  That is why I am so ashamed to be in the same boat again and extra scared of how Im going to get through it again.  I do not have time off of work.  

So my question is, will suboxone get me through my workday, and will I then be dependent on it?  I have a pretty physical/ fairly stressful job, so detoxing there scares the hell out of me. ... any ideas on this one?
Welcome to the forum. The original post date on this thread is over a year ago. These people are probably not here anymore. If you have questions you need answered please go to the top of this page and hit the green Post a Question button. Start your own post. You will get more answers this way-the old posts will get archived much sooner than your new post.
Good luck,
Greatgreebo
IM WEIRD I CAN DEAL WITH THE PAIN AND ACHES BUT THE CHILLS AND COLD SWEATS ARE WHAT MAKE ME NOT WANT TO QUIT BUT IM DONE WITH BEING A SLAVE TO A PILL IM GETTING OFF THESE SO I CAN LIVE MY LIFE IM 28 ITS TIME TO LIVE A HAPPY LIFE BUT IVE ONLY BEEN SOBER FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS SO ILL PROBABLY REGRET SAYING ALL THIS
Dam I am glad I found this forum, I am stopping cold turkey today and I am really dreading it.  I have done it before but everytime gets worse and worse.  All of you people are so strong, stay that way and good luck.
Im on my third day and this sucks. I was taking oxy thirties about 4 a day for a month straight. how much longer till I feel better? days, weeks, also Im doing this cold turkey thank god Im off work right now
At the top of the page click on "post a question". Start your own thread. This is a old thread and they tend to get overlooked.
Well I may not be going threw this DETOX with my husband, I can tell you this I feel so helpless! I am trying my best to do what I can to help I have been up all night with him and we are just going on the second day... All he says to me is he wants to kill himself, I have watched him psychically hurt himself banging his head on are headboard and punch himself, telling me he wants to kill  himself and just DIE! It's so hard for me to watch! Tell me what can I do to get him threw this!!?? THANKS S.

I am on day for and yes I am taking time off work and feel sorry for my gf since she does not or ever has used opiates so she doesn't understand the withdrawl (withdrawal) systems. I can relate with thinking of ways to end it all because either way it seems hopeless. Neverless I am staying strong and actually followed a similar recipe up at the top of the page for detoxing. Basically I am just venting but we will get through this. The body is amazing when it comes to bouncing back - so I have heard.
I don't have the runs anymore but feel out of it still. I have been going to the gym trying to exercise. I don't have any musclerelaxers like the other guy did but I am just dealing with it. I was taking sometimes 2 - 80mg Oxycontin a day along with high doses of percs for the last 4 years. So I know this has to be hard for everyone on here. Let me know how things are going for you and your husband - stay strong!!
I read through all of the comments and OMG I am on day 12...I can't take this anymore...the pain is still there and I just want it to go away.  I have children I have to take care of and I can't because my hands shake.  I was taking vidodin and pecocet (percocet) for years and then started sniffing oxycontin...160mg a day or more.  Someone please tell me that tommorrow I am going to wake up and not feel sick anymore.  I can't dry heave anymore there is nothing left inside of me?  I am in back pain constantly and I get oxycodone from the Dr. I am getting some today and I want to tell him so bad that I am an addict and please help me, give me something to cure this disease, I don't want to hurt or feel the pain, but worst of all I don't want to be dependent..
Could someone please tell mi if it is possible for a addict to monitor their pain, with pain meds without abusing...I am getting them very soon and I am so afraid to have them in my hand, but on the other hand relieved that I will get them..I am so tired of shaking and being sick and I just want to take one for the back pain. ahhhhh I don't know what to do
your 12 days clean? You are almost there why go back to them? Talk to your Dr, tell him the truth find another way. 12 days is alot..im on day 9 and feel infinetly better then on the pills. Stay strong, I would rather be in physical pain for life then under this pill again but thats me.
I can only offer you what worked for me.

I was addicted to hydrocone for 4 years. When i quit, my habit was up to 10mg a day. (that is 18- 5/500 pills a day).

I also have a back injury that caused excrusiating pain almost everyday.

1. First, I had to come up with a solution for the pain.

Move to a low-humidity state- humidity actually constricts things in our body that cause alot of the pain.Also a warmer climate- the cold, cold, weather stiffles you with arthritus like symtoms (symptoms) and pain
      Lose the job that was too physically demanding
      Find an exellent physical therapy program to my specific injury

2. After repeatedly trying to quit cold-turkey, I confronted my doctor who told me simply to wean down gradually till I was only taking 1 pill. This took 1 month to do.Having picked a specific date to finish. I would wait as long as possible to take any pills and then it was only enough to be able to withstand the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. (having to run to the bathroom was a good indicator to use) ha.Don't get me wrong, this was uncomfortable, but I could still funtion.

Quitting cold-turkey is quite a shock to your system and if you're not in exellent health, can be quite damaging and lengthly.

3.The last day I took a pill, I began bombarding my body with nutrients (mainly for the brain) and good wholesome foods, exersize. Only surrounded myself with upbeat, happy, enjoyable people. Music, movies, anything that could stimulate "happy, funny, endearing feelings". Always looking ahead to the bright future I was going to have.

My first week of no drugs was probably one of the best weeks of my life! Withdrawl (withdrawal) was very mild and new self awareness stepped in. The biggest withdrawl (withdrawal) was pain, which my body was probably making up to get me to take some more drugs, but that subsided after a few days.

That was Dec. 3, 2007. Today I have the most awesome life!
I wish you much success and happiness!

Hi my name is Shelly and going through my 1st day off opiates in 4 years.  I was on Subutex for 6 months and never felt normal.  I HATE BEING SOBER!!!!  
I tried to get off of the Subs and the withdrawl (withdrawal) was worse than the pain pills.
So we did some research online and found some horrible stories about the medication.  People were being told that they would need to detox in the hospital or get back on pain pills.  My Doctor never told me that the detox would be worse than if I had just stayed on the pills and slowly taper myself.
  I would not recommend Subutex or Suboxone to anyone.  Yes, you do not go through withdrawl (withdrawal) but when you want to get off of them you cant!!!  
I am going to my 1st NA meeting tomorrow and will need counseling to find out why I just don't want to live being sober.  

I just really needed to get this off my chest and talk to people that are in the same situation.
Thanks for all your comments and advice.
flush them down the toliet and ride the storm out.  Its mind over matter.  And when you are suffering withdrawl (withdrawal), remind yourself over and over that you medication has made you this sick!  If you are tempted to take more tell yourself that it is rat poisioning and it will kill you.  
Dude, if you have legitimate pain, then there is nothing wrong with being on opioids.  For a chronic pain patient (or terminal cancer patients and the like), taking opioids to relieve that pain is fine.  Most opioids are not toxic and will have no effects on you if you take them long term.  There have been many studies to back this up, that middle class opioid addicts are as healthy as the general public.  It is your medication, and you are now physically dependent on it (there is a difference here between that and addiction).  Would anybody ask a diabetic to stop taking insulin?  Of course not.  The problem with chronic pain is not so much the pain itself, but the resulting misery it produces in a person's life.  Misery leads to depression, and this ruins your life.  Trust me, I have seen first hand from a family member how chronic pain can destroy a person's enjoyment of existence.

In any event, good luck bro.  Kicking *****.  I am an addict, I abused opioids for years (from heroin to pharms), and it is nasty to kick, although I have done so several times now.  There is no magic bullet and the thing that I always found hardest was not the kicking, but the staying clean bit, as I often sank into depression for a long period of time following the kick.  Good luck!  Peace bro.
I am taking 7 Lortab 10's ,, three times a day. Sometimes I wish i could quit but then I must deal with the legitimate back and shoulder pain i got from a two story fall of a house.   My doctor gives me 100 7.5s per month.. I need a higher dosage but he wont do it. I tried to tell him,, I take 8 7.5s at a time because one just don't work. I know I am addicted,, I have only went through 2 times of withdraws and NEVER want to be there again. What can I tell or ask my doctor for that will aid in me getting stronger pain meds....
I'm a 26 year old mom, that has become addicted to Hydroco/10/650. I take 6-9 a day. I want to stop, but when i don't take them my mind goes crazy, i shake sweet, throw up and cry. I'm getting were i don't even feel the pills anymore its just keeping me from getting sick. My family and friends have told me how much i have changed.  I started geting them from my doctor about 6m ago. And they made me feel care free, and i had so much more energy.  And i started losing weight. In the past three m alone iv lost 38 pounds. I want to tell me doctor that i need help, i even called this morning trying to get in to see her, with no luck. Iv gotten an appointment next Tuesday.  The holidays are so close, i just want to be myself again.. I don't really remember much of the last month are so. My dreams are really vivid, I feel like i'm not really sleeping at all. When i wake up in the morning, if i don't swallow three pills right then i started getting aches chills runny nose, and stomach spasms. I am on xanax too. I don't talk these but a few times a week. I have not needed as much as i used to before i started the pain pills. I just want to be happy again. I want to feel something besides sadness, I feel real sad at night and in the morning i guess because the pain meds are waring off. I just need to know if i need to go to rehab are if i can do it myself. I can quite cold turkey, But i heard you could die. I'm also on a heart pill called metoprolol, for erythema, and palpitation, thanks for any advise.
im an opiate addict of 6 years. IV use of heroin, dilaudid, oxycontin, morphine, etc. 2 years in the methadone clinic, 4 or 5 months on suboxone. weened down to 1 1/2 mgs of suboxone daily then relapsed, quit taking my suboxone and shot oxycontin, heroin, and dilaudid for a week straight. went cold turkey, im on my 5th day of withdrawal. seems the worst is behind me. the 1st and 2nd days were the worst, dilirium tremens, shakes, cramps, hot/cold sweats, fatigue, etc.. im still not sleeping well. i still get the jimmy legs/arms/body when i lay down to sleep, ill lay there for hours then sleep in 45 minute intervals. im taking a multi vitamin, fish oil, milk thistle, vitamin c, ibuprofen, and valerian root, kava kava, benadryl, and muscle relaxers to sleep. i find im only sleeping after drugging the hell out of myself with otc medicines. i went from the bed, to the hot bath, back to the bed etc for 3 days straight. i am only taking the hot baths now to help relax for sleep. on the 4th day i went and walked 2 miles, which felt great. my g/f dead bolted me in the apt for days with no phone, car keys, or money. my apetites coming back... mostly eating bananas because the potassium helps with the restlesness. lots of smoothies and low sodium stuff. anyways, if anyone has any other advice on how to help get some rest without taking xanax or valium (spent many years addicted to benzos) email me at ***@**** thanks, good luck
I am on day 11 of a 15-20, 30mg Roxy habit. The good news is, i feel great and almost back to myself. My sex life is coming back and i am starting to use the bathroom #2 more frequently without the pebble beach so to speak. If i can do it, anyone can do it. I feel soooo much better and i would rather deal with my pain than be addicted to these damn drugs. I just want everyone to know they can quit if they truly want to.  I wish everyone the best.
I meant day 11 of NOT taking them.
My husband has been on Oxycontin and Percocet...together since 02-01-09 prior to that he was on Vicodin...He went through detox from VICODIN in November because he stated that he was going to kill himself....He didnt have a choice to detox..police put him there...NOW..he has stated he NEEDS the meds...he has locked my things up because he is afraid I am going to leave him...he stopped the mail because he didnt want anyone around...he had told people that I tackled him and beat him up..including the police..when asked when this happened he says he cant remember..when asked to see the marks he states they have healed..to which this is all a really big bunch of mistruths....I am stressed and I love him very much but I dont know what to do...
Iv was on26 mg 3 pill of subs for a large narco habit almost a year at first great near the end suicial and major addictive,
I had to put myself on 2 weeks of shorter acting opiate 10mg 30 pills of percs and 10 days in detox center (they wouldnt take me unless I did that),

iv been home now 5 days and am in HELL will this stuff NEVER leave my system I want iv been off sub more then a month and been tapering for 15 days now total from vics down to 1 lil pill cant walk sleep all day vomit, i was supposed to be married 2 days ago and had to fake a flu, Iv decided to stick this out no matter what but im saying this is the worse HELL iv ever been through PLEASE do your research before you get on sub, I wanted to end my habit  a year ago and so here I still sit looking on the web to feel better, the worse part is i had 700 dolars worth of subs at my house jsut in case I needed them again and my biz partner made me throw them OUT thank god too becasue I definitily would have taken them yesterday. (thinking Id figure out a differnt way) well guess what THERE is no other way.
hey im on my 2-3 day of not takeing any pain pills i was takeing them almost everyday and found myself almost needing a pill to get up and move around i was takeing them for almost a year and the first day was horrible but i gotta say that i smoked alot of pot to help w the restlessness and diarhea (diarrhea) its the best thing i dont have the shakes or sweats i wonder if im going to feel "clean " soon everytime i start to ache or hurt alil bit i just say man **** that **** thats the reason im hurtin in the first place ( u know the pills) but i was takeing almost like 80mg aday sometimes more (oxy,roxy, percocet dulata whatever i got my hands on ) and the last time  i had a pill it was only 5mg percocet that was like 2-3 days ago im feeling alot better the weed really helps ive been able to eat and sleep almost w no problem i was just wondering if any one tell me if theres anything else i can do like naturally to make me feel better i font want to take any kind or muscle relaxer or anything like that i just want to get back to my normal self can anyone maybe tell me something i can do to speed up the proses of detoxing cold turkey from pills?
Hi everyone, i am soo happy i found this! ive been taking lortabs for about a year and a half with my bf. we are addicted and we want to stop! but when the day comes to finally stop, i feel i cant make it through the day, i cant sleep, i start sweating, pains , i get everything, the worst you just want to die! i want to get clean and have my life back, i dont even take them for the high or euphoria feeling anymore, i take them so i dont have to go through withdrawls, it is horrible, and i dont even know how i got in this deep! does any one know of any natural remedies. thank you and we can all do this together!!
I just am at 12 hours without my oxycodone and am dreading the rest..I have been taking say 150 mgs of oxycodone a day for couple of months. in general, been taking at least 20-50mgs daily for a few years. doesnt it make the most sense to just go on a slow taper vs. cold turkey? What are the differences physically? ty
i too am a huge proponent of weening. i think cold turkey is way too hard especially if kicking methadone, sub, or oxy. i think hydro is a LITTLE easier than oxy but it is by no means easy. i, on numerous occasions, have had to hand my pills over to my mom to administer them to me so i have at least some each day and after the first couple days of weening it gets much easier. plus you may be feeling like **** for several hours but at least you get to look forward to not feeling bad. this is a tremendous help because you can see light at the end of the tunnel. now as for when you are feeling bad...i cant tell you how much listening to your fav music and LAUGHING helps. you cause endorphins to be released when you do these activities and if you dont know what endorphin is literally short for it is ENDOGENOUS MORPHINE. it may sound cheesy but i swear it works. since the euphoria caused by pain meds is due in part to massive release of endorphins your body will not be producing them at their normal levels. nonetheless you WILL be producing them. i can tell you i have been watching alot of judd apatow flicks, harold and kumar, dave chappelle and robin williams stand up, and listening to alot of my fav music. my all time fav band alice in chains also helps me tremendously especially with laynes constant stuggle. as he said "dope sick is the worst sick". the song down in the hole always just makes me feel just a little bit better. good luck to all. and though alice in chains is my band i am in fact a christian just struggling with the wrath of my sin and i will keep you all in my prayers. sorry so long. just tryin to help. also i know this part will sound almost incomprehensible but exercise also produces endorphins. doesnt have to be a marathon just do a couple of sprints if you can manage. much love to all and wishes for as pleasant a holiday possible. deuces
sorry i get so caught up in myself empathizing sometimes i leave out crucial stuff like say the drugs...obviously benzos do help substantially but not always a wise or viable option because unlike with opioids withdrawals from these sobs can kill you plus you get to experience a worse hell than opioid withdrawal before then. as far as other rxs that have helped me fiorinal does but the same caution goes with this thing as it is a barbiturate. lyrica is the only rx i can really think of that you can take at the dose you desire that will produce an extremely noticeable effect and is only a schedule 5 controlled substance. as far as otc, dextromethorphan is really the only thing i can think of that will produce a noticable effect but if you have heard of robotripping this is the ingredient that causes the effect. if going this route i suggest research on the dosages and each level that comprises them. there are 3 levels i believe. also make sure you get a product with dextromethorphan as the only active ingredient. as other compounds contain other ingredients that will make you puke. imo lyrica is the best bet and a dosage of around 600 mg helped swim out very very much. but please know i am not a health professional of any kind and lyrica can make you wall bang like you never have but from everything i have read about lyrica the risk of harm or overdosage is almost nil but please please please research.
I am on my third day of WD from Lortabs.  I went to the Dr. 7 days ago and told him I needed something to help me get off Lortab.  He told me that cold turkey was too hard, unless I was tough.  He suggested that he ween me off of them.  I was taking about fifteen 5 mgs a day.  I gave me 30 to last 10 days.  He said to take one 3 times a day.  Well....what did I do...I took them all up in about 4 days!  I had a prescription of Tramadol, so I started taking those like crazy to try to aleviate the wd of Lortabs.  I thought since Tramadol is not a narcotic, I could take them.   Well, they can still be addictive!  I'm now out of Tramadol as well.  The Dr. is going to refill my Lortabs tomorrow.  Then he is going to put me on 1 or 2 a day. I've been without Lortabs since Monday morning and Tramadols since yesterday morning.  Right now, I'm at work and feeling like crap!  Is there any other medication that is not narcotic and not addictive that will help me with this?  I'm feeling the aches big time, but also have a bad sore throat and and chest cold (not related to the wd), so I really feel bad.  
I want to get off of Lortab so badly.  I've turned into someone I thought I never would.  I have lied, hidden, and even looked through my relatives bathroom drawers and med cabinets to fine Lortab.  I know that sounds horrible.....I have never done anything like that.  I even went into my father in laws house when he wasn't there and got some out of his bottle he keeps in his nightstand!  PLease tell me something that will help with the withdrawals.  
This is robee135 again.  I just reread my post and forgot to say that when the dr puts me on 1 or 2 a day....it will be for 10 days and then that will probably be the last of it. I am school teacher and have a small baby, so I have to be feeling good to work and take care of my baby.  Any help would be appreciated.
Even thought this is an old post, it's worth adding my experience to.

After a back injury that causes permanent nerve pain and having endured multiple surgeries I've been on pain meds for 6 years. In that time I've had several different doctors out of necessity. One of the most distressing aspects of being reliant on pain meds is that you aren't able to self determine when/if you can access them. Having a doctor sit there and tell you what you'll be taking and when is great if they happen to be a caring physician. Unfortunately I've found most doctors concerned about their own reputation and not wanting to be seen as a doctor who readily prescribes or is being taken advantage of. So walking into a monthly appointment wondering if you're dosage will be reduced is one of the most upsetting experiences and leaves you in a perpetual state of uncertainty and imminent illness.

For these reasons I stopped going to my doctor over 18 months ago. I then started using large doses of over the counter meds to try and make up for a low dose of pain meds that could get me by.

Now it comes to the point of detoxing off everything. Over the past 6 years I've detoxed from Tramadol (awful - took months), Oxy (not as bad), Codeine (not great), Valium (fine) and the worst of all - Buprenorphine. The latter took almost a year to taper down from. The doctors don't have a clue how bad it is. I was constantly ill and depressed and finally got through it at the end of last year. I would not take that again ever!

Now I have to go through the last withdrawal of Codeine once more. I'm on my first day, I know what's coming and can't wait to get through the week. I'm planning on using heat bags, hot baths and antihystamines to help with sleep. The restless legs is the hardest part to sleep with, so I'll be using a heat rub for that.

At the end of it all I have zero desire to stop using medication as I have a permanent injury, however the difficulty of constantly accessing medication and the people who make you feel ashamed for even requiring it (because they haven't a clue what this sort of pain is like) make it too problematic to bother working around. So sobriety, chronic pain and sleeplessness here I come :(

I really hope society's attitude to opiates changes as the horror of it all is that the patients who require it (and aren't terminally ill) are punished. I haven't had a day without pain for as long as I can remember, at best with the pain meds I've had a reduction in pain levels and I've been able to sleep. It would seem that doctors would class that as unreasonable, as too much to ask. I actually had one visit with my doctor, when I reported that a new level of pain relief had a positive outcome, he immediately told me not to get too comfortable as he'd be reducing it imminently. It seems that they were only happy if I was miserable.
I think you said something that is very important here.  At best you have had a reduction in pain with the meds.  A lot of people who take the meds, at least in the end, are only taking them to reduce pain or to not be sick.  Long term use of opiates just doesn't leave people pain-free like they would like or need to be.  Tolerance is going to happen to anyone.  

You are right about the tramadol.  I have been off of it for 2 months, and it was NOT fun!  Are you detoxing this time from codeine?  That should be a little bit easier than some of the others.  Is that the only med you are on?  

I guess you know what to expect, but if you have bad RLS, you may want to try mag/cal supplement, 1000 mg I think.  And hylands restful legs or leg cramps.  It really does work.  And stay away from the antihistimines if the RLS is bad.  Those can make it worse.

Good luck.  You should start a new question so you can get some support during your detox.  People here are really helpful!

TH
My recommendation is a monitored methadone tapering. you go to a treatment facility and they formulate a methadone dose based on the opiate dose you`re on. they cut you off the opiate, and the methadone works as a synthetic opiate, preventing the first stage of acute withdrawal. every day they decrease the dosage of methadone, until the final day you walk out clean and sober from the opiate and the methadone. i went in on 300mg of oxycontin daily, and it took 8 days for the methadone tapering, and i walked out clean. it's a very comfortable withdrawal. the symptoms vary. some people still have problems with vomiting, pain, insomnia, muscle pain, anxiety, and all the normal withdrawal symptoms, but they`re not as bad. other people have very mild, and sometimes no symptoms at all. it all depends on the dose of opiates and the dose of methadone you`re on. i strongly suggest it though. it saved my life. it will be your best bet.
I am a young mother of two babies under 4.  Recently (3 weeks ago)....I developed kidney stones.  My doctor prescribed me Percocet 10 but I only took 2.5/325 every 8 hrs.  3 a day.  And I now find my body addicted.  How can this happen?   I don't want to take them anymore but I am so sick without them.  I tried tapering with no luck.  Still stuck at 2.5 3 times a day. PLEASE HELP
I am 52 Hours into withdrawls. For me its weird because I will regularly go up to 2 days without pills only to be going crazy with want by the third. So even though I am more than 2 days since my last pill I am fearing that this is only going to get worse. I made the decision to quit about 5 hours after my last (4 at once) percs on Wednesday (todays friday) morning. Low and behold I was on the phone last night looking for someone who's selling. Luckily no one had any. I cant take time off work and its so hard sitting at my desk when all I can think about is pills. GRR! I feel so stupid for letting this happen and I want my life back. I have been putting off quitting forever. I keep saying 'ok, i'll quit next time i run out... next time I run out... " But I really want to do this. Im crossing my fingers that I dont go buy tonight. my boyfriend doesnt know anything about this, so I think I will spend the night with him so I cant do anything about it. Good Luck everyone, We can Do this!!
This would be day 6 for me with the aid of Butrans patch... withdrawal symptoms are still kicking my butt...no sleeping, no appetite, the runs, my leg bones ACHE and I have Crohns disease so it makes it hard to tell between withdrawal or GI symptoms. Still going through with this but man this is hard on me, my fiancee and my 7 year old son. I just keep asking myself "When will these symptoms GO AWAY? I'm having the hardest time fighting this GI disease and quitting the narcotics written BECAUSE of it! SO angry at myself for letting the narcotics get as excessive as they did and mad at the GI and Pain specialists who said this would be good for me...
FOR EVERYONE WHO  THINKS SUBUTEX AND SUBOXONE ARE MIRACLE DRUGS YOU HAVE BEEN TERRIBLY MISLED. YES THEY GET THE JOB DONE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO GET OFF OF IT AND GO THROUGH THE SAME DAM W/D'S YOU WERE TRYING TO ESCAPE. THERE IS NO EASY WAY. JUST GET THROUGH THE PAIN ONCE AND FOR ALL AND THEN YOU CAN LOOK BACK AND SAY WOW I DON'T EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN AS LONG AS I DON'T PICK UP. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT ITS TRUE AND ITS ALWAYS THE FIRST ONE THAT RUINS YOU. ALSO TO ANYONE I REALLY RECCOMEND NA MEETINGS!!! THE PROGRAM WORKS IF YOU WORK IT...
I just want to throw this out there cuz I havent read it at all. Being an oxycontin addict...100mg a day for five years. Narcotics Anonymous saved my life and it can save yours. You can go online and find a meeting near you, there are hundreds of them at a time convenient for you. When/if you decide to go, look for the similarities not the differences. You'll be greeted with hugs and the most complete selflessness and sincere care you've ever encountered, and lots of "keep coming back" it works if you work it. If you give it a chance and you've been in the hell of opiate addiciction as I have you'll see your in a room full of mirrors. Honesty open mindedness and willingness are the keys to recovery. Much love for my fellow addicts and good luck!!
Haha!! My fault I didnt realize there was more pages of comments before I posted. But go figure the person before me brought it up as well. Go figure!! However, You all can see I'm not so unique in my opinion. It really works especially for a network of supportive people, with clean time spanning from days to decades. Life is always better clean, just remember that faith and fear cannot live in the same house! Take out the trash in ur mind and dive in headfirst, you never have to use again!!!
I have  chornic pelvic pain up to 6 times im a month.I am a female with endemotrious. I have horrible excruation pains that feel like someone is ripping out my girl parts!!! So I started on darvocet, that I used maybe 3 times a day only one day...Months past didnt take any and then my pains got severe after I did a egg donation for some one in a ivf procudure. The pain after i donated my eggs were so bad i went to the ground screaming in pain an found out i had scar tissue in my utirius and that is when i started the morphine and loratab 10's  120 pills a month and then i would see a diffrent doctor to get more for a back up. Because on pain management there all these crazy rules. they randomly call u to come in to take a pee test or count your pills or if u do not pay yr bill from last vist then u cant get a refill.so i did that paid my bill so o can set up another apt. Then the dr will see you and give u a script.its like an organized grug circle....thats somehow legal????well now i cant fuction or get to work unless i take a pill. i went through withdrawls for 2 days and didnt know it because i was on vacation and thought i had food poisioning. I was shakking and hurting cramps couldnt lay still and then the runns omg   ....i thought i was sick like flu. i didnt put it together till week later after i got home and tried not taking any and the first sigh of the aches and feeling my body was rejecting it self was too nuts so i took a pill and felt fine 30 min later.. well know i still work and cant take off but i need to figure a way  to kick it and also manage my pain. my pain is worse than labor contractions. my pain is so bad i cant walk i stay in bathtubs all day..im crouched over and trying to breathing.......any one out ther can relate or have suggestions? sorry 4 my spelling i just took a anbien to help me sleep instesd of 4 loratabs....i think if i can get this detox done and live normaly and then have self control and take the pain meds only when i needed it no more takin it to fall asleep and have good sex dreams........thats what i like the most and what i hate the most is getting jitters and not being able to fuction at work...can u still get withdrawls if u only take the pills once a month while my pain hurts?

I have been addicted to drugs for about 20 yrs now- crack,cocaine,methadone,heroin,fetanyl,morphine,oxys,percs,u name it. I took my last dose at noon today and I'm supposed to start suboxone on Thursday. Its bn 11 hours and I am totally freaking out! Idk wtf I'm goin to do.I don't feel normal wo drugs. I can't function wo them-cant take care of my kids,work,no motivation whatsoever. I'm supposed to be put on a suboxone maintenance program thru my pain specialist but will I ever be able to feel normal again and be happy wo the use of drugs? Oh and I forgot to mention benzos too which I am still taking at this point. WTF do I do???? Plz help!
             Amy
i  am on day 13 off methadone anxiety is killing me nothing helps clondine .01 mg does nothing clonopin makes it worse i tried just about every anxeity medication and nothing works does anyone know what i can take for the anxiety. from rubar to xanax justmakes it worse help any sugestions
Hi Lisa, my  name is Kelly and this is the first time ive ever posted on something like this. im 24 years old and today is my  6th day clean of opiates. i have been using for 3 years very  heavily. before getting my life back on track, i need to get through these withdrawals. I went to an inpatient detox in which they started me on 30 mg methadone and tapered me down until the 6th day where i left on 5 mg. today is day 6 being from detox and i have not slept a wink. my doctor prescribed me clonidine and i have gone through the script and it did not work. i am dealing with the physical aspect by working out on a daily basis and pushing myself to the limit. but no matter what i do, i cannot sleep. i do not have access to any benzos because my doctor will not give me anything habit forming, seeing as he has seen me since the age of 14 and he knows i have the most addictive personality there is. i try to stay active all day to tire myself out but nothing is working. is there anything i can do to sleep that does not involve benzos? ive been taking the clonidine with melatonin and alteril for the past couple days. im taking way more that it says to take, but nothing makes a difference. any advice would strongly help. i dont know how much longer i can stay away from the opiates if i dont get any sleep. when is my body going to just collapse and sleep for days?
Try asking for a script of Gabapentin.  They prescribe it for two things: 1) for nerve pain and 2) for anxiety.  
Taking suboxone for 4 years after 4-5 years of progressively worse hydrocodone addiction was taking 300-400mg a day for my last few months using. Also benzos, eating fentanyl patches and methadone at times i couldn't find my drug of choice.  Taking suboxone at 1 half (8 mg) 3 times a day for almost 2 years cuz my doc left and new doc didn't wanna try to taper when he first started i guess... But anyway had to stop because script no longer covered and sick of asking parents for 400 bucks a month which they gladly did for almost 2 years. Did very slight taper over last week down to  1 mg a day. Today is my 4th day without anything and I have never felt more exhausted and unable to move than i have last 3 days. I keep reading that suboxone withdrawal can last 2 months can anyone please tell me thats not always true . I have a 6 month old daughter and a wife who has been with me through all of this from my first days of addiction and i cannot let them down but i really don't know if i can deal with this for that long. Just looking for some words of encouragement. I started crying when i read that post about dreaming again I had a dream last night (tylenol pm) assisted though because this insomnia thing ain't no joke.. But anyway I couldn't think of more than maybe a handful of dreams i can remember over the last 8 to 10 years.  I just desperately wanna feel normal again without taking anything even my years on suboxone i wasn't myself still very lazy.  Help!
Ps: if you are thinking about suboxone or subutex ...don't I would rather have 10 tab withdrawals than how I feel and when people ask about your clean time you will always feel like barry bonds or mark mcgwires homerun records like there is a big fat asterik "well I'm clean but technically"
u great.....actually my gud friend have same kind of recipe and now he is almost fyn
If you've only been on for a couple of months, you should not experience serious withdrawl (withdrawal) givent the amount you were taken. Honestly, you are moreso going to "miss" your euphoria that most of us long time 160mg a day or more users don't even get anymore. You will be fine by just taking a lot of vitamin c and B and eat banannas and some immodium IF you even get the diareah.  You are one of the lucky ones b/c I am in a vicious cycle of denial, wanting to get off, not wanting to get off(the fear of letting it go).It's just HELL! Get off now and good luck!! :)
Please answer this,

Okay so I'm going to do the Thomas Recipe tomorrow (coming off opioids) but I don't quite understand something. When do I start taking the L-Tyrosine? Is it saying to take Valium (in my case, Ativan) right when you wake up in the morning, for FOUR days? If that's the case then what do we do about our aching bodies for those four days? When I say aching, I actually mean DYING. I'm very sure that Ibuprofen and Aleve will NOT take the excruciating lower back and neck pain away. Someone please help me out, thank you!

Sincerely,
Detoxing tomorrow
i don't know much about the thomas recipe - but i am sure that if you make a new post on the forum, other members will be around to help you with this. most of the time, when someone posts on a post from years ago, it gets overlooked. best of luck!
I know this has been on here awhile now..however I could sure use some advice right now I have been on opiates for approx 12 yrs..I have to stop they are killing me..I just dont feel like doing anything. I have wrote your recipe down and am starting today..only problem is I babysit Tuesday thru Sat. dont know how I am going to make it through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12nout
I know this has been up awhile, but I thought I'd share my detox story...

Back in Feb. 2010 I started taking percocets 5/235 3x a day for my chronic pain.  I hadn't had anything stronger than Norco before this.  Within a couple months time I had worked my way up to 8 of the percocet 10/325s a day, so my doc switched me to 60mg MSContin 2x a day with the occasional percocet for breakthrough.  My transition to Morphine did not go well!  Along with this, I was also taking Ativan and Klonopin for anxiety attacks.  Also was taking Temazepam (Restoril) for sleep, and my doc switched my Cymbalta (Antidepressant) up to 120mg a day, which is twice the recommended max! After a week on the MS Contin, I ended up sleeping 18 hours a day and having breathing issues, so I ended up making the biggest mistake of my life and dumping every single med I had down the toilet!

The rest of that day was fine, and most of the next day was ok, but later that night I went downhill extremely rapidly.  I spent over a week on a rampage, breaking almost everything in sight!  Had the cops called on me twice (by my parents... I don't blame them, they had to), and 5150'd on 4 separate occasions, though 3 were lifted cause I had a "drug problem" and not a "mental problem."  After about a week I started feeling a bit better, though still had the weird tingly feeling.  I was still peeing green and had the runs badly!!  And the pain was excruciating!  Every day I was feeling better and better until I finally felt like normal after about a month to 6 weeks.  It was extremely bad, but was expected to be, considering that I cold turkeyed off of a decent dose of opiates, benzos, and an antidepressant.  Hell I even threw out my Gabapentin and my Simvastatin!

After about a year I eventually ended up back on Oxy, this time 20mg Oxycontin 2x daily.  Since then I ended up on a 100mcg/hr Fentanyl patch and 10/325 Percocets for about 6 months.  Over the past month I have worked my way off the Fentanyl and started on a low dose of MS Contin, 30mg 3x a day with percocets, and yesterday I just finished my last opiate this time around.  It was two doses of MS IR 15mg over the whole day.  Feeling a bit "detoxy" today, but not nearly as bad as I expected.  I do use cannabis to help with the detox, so that can be an option if your job/family/lifestyle allows.  It does help to push away the "crawling out of your skin" feeling, but luckily it has been a cakewalk thus far.

Good luck to anyone who decides to detox.  It can be a very lengthy, painful, and just horrendous process.  But it can be worth it.  Just live life day-by-day and thy your very best to not unleash your rage on loved ones.  Use the ones you hate for that.

I have been addicted to pain killers for the best part of 5 years now. What started out as a few every other day for pain has turned into 10/15 at a time 3 times a day! I have tried to go cold turkey several times, but I cant take the pain and aches that goes with it and I cant talk to anyone i.e doctor, for fear of her taking me off my tabs. I know I am addicted, and I know I need to get clean before this kills me, but I just cant do it. I am currently off work sick with a few chronic issues (the reasons I started the co codamol in the first place) but as the years have went on, my pain has gotten worse and 2 painkillers just did not cut it. I am also spending a few hundred pounds/dollars a month on over the counter painkillers (not as strongs as my prescribed meds) but they do help. I went out the other day and bought the ingrediants for Thomas' receipe but I dont have any vallium and I cant get it anywhere, so dont want to try without that. I also have a young son and a partner (who knows I take a lot, but does not know the extent) I really want to tell someone and find out if there is a miracle drug that you can take for a day or two to get you clean? I really cant go cold turkey and I am afraid that one day I am going to rather die than go without my painkillers. Someone must know of a better way (I dont care what price it is) and I beg you to please share it with me and all the other people who find themselves addicted through no fault of their own. Please help me.
Hi and welcome... You have come to the right place.  This community is full of knowledge and compassionate people here to help.  Many many of us have experienced what you are going through.  I encourage you to post a new question as this is topic is very old.  Go to the top of the page and hit "post a question" and just copy and paste this is.  You will get many helpful responses..

Take care and stick around..
I have been taking at 6 to 10  10/500mg of loratabs a day for the last 4 years. I just now took my last two and I'm determined to quit but I dread going through the withdrawals but I no I have to for my children.i have prescribed lorazepam for anxiety is it true it can help with WD? I'm desperate and really need the help ASAP thank you to anyone who responds
Im almost on day 3 using lyrica my gf and i are having NO withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms we are amazed we tried to quit so many times but failed this lryica is the only thing that ever worked for us we are not even thinking about pills anymore
I have been on oxy 30s for 5 years. About $100 habit a day. Life has spiraled out everyone in my family asks my wife what's wrong with me and why I look sooo sick. I have the most amazing wife but cannot tell her about my dependence. 5 days ago I decided I'm not going to blow my paycheck.
I have never had a rx or any pain which needed the drug just had a "friend" offer me some while fishing.
To make the story short. I took 2 suboxone in 3 days and decided to quit everything. IT HAS BEEN TOUGH but I HAVE TO QUIT. My legs are killing me havnt slept for more then two hours at a time and the bathroom is my home can't tell you how much and how often I need to run coused of the *****.
The best time is when I'm at work the time passes much easier but everytime I take a break my mind thinks of the pain. Hot showers help a lot walking and activities to take your mind of the pain is also amazing. I keep telling myself no matter what I'm going to make it through today and relapse is not an option. It's been a rough day can't wait for work tomorrow just not happy that I have the following 4 days off.
Last night I got out of bed three times and took a walk so my legs get some work and hopefully the pain will end. Day three is far better then day one but I'm excited about feeling 5% better tomm. May God make it easy for us.
Omar
I am very proud of everyone who has kicked their drug habit. I am turning 29 in one week and I started taking opiates at 18 years old because of surgeries and I loved it. I didn't understand addiction, so I would seek out the drug. 5 years later, still on opiates, I had my first methadone pill off the street and I LOVED it! After a few months of taking methadone from the street, I went to the methadone clinic. Was there for 6 years and then, about 4 weeks ago, my living situation changed and I could no longer go to the clinic. I had great support from my family and made a few trips to the ER. I tried to get into an inpatient rehab and believe it or not, nobody would take me because I was on such a high dose of methadone when I stopped taking it. Even though I was 7 days off of it when I tried to get placed. Now I have resorted to sneaking and getting lortabs and benzos from a friend that gives them to me for free. I am VERY disappointed in myself. Im very depressed and anxious and I still experience withdrawals. Its a downward spiral from here. I am currently staying with my mom, and she has really tired herself out being there for me while going through this, spending hours in the ER with me, making sure that I am comfortable at all times. I want to try to get placed in a detox facility again, but my mom is like, "Well, you can do this at home, you seem fine and you have been off methadone for 17 days now." Well, I haven't been honest with her about my still using lortabs and xanax. With all the help she has provided me and the support I know this will disappoint her and that hurts me more than anything. But I am going to talk to her either today or tomorrow and I know that she will be understanding and recommend that I try inpatient. I just dont want to hurt her. I pray that I can kick this habit. I pray for everyone of you that are going through this or have went through this. Our loved ones know and see how bad it is and it takes a toll on them, but they don't truly know how you are feeling. So, everyone please pray for me, as I will for ya'll and if anyone has any advice or just something to say to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck to all!!
Hey, I have never ever written on anything like this before  but I feel like I HAVE to inform people about what my doctor gave me for my withdrawal symptoms.  I know all about them and how awful they are. I have been using a variety of opiates for maybe 6 or 7 years. I started with Oxys moved to Vics and whatever I could get my hands on.  Then I tried suboxone to get me off all of it and I figured out it was just another addiction.  For people who truly suffer from addiction suboxone is really not the answer!  Get your hands on pursor protocol!!!! It's not a drug and its not habit forming. It's amazing I haven't had a suboxone in over 5 days and I feel fine!!!! I am not sure what it really is because it is so new, but I  am telling you it works.  I have been through withdrawals too many times to count and this works.  It has something to do with seratonin and dopamine.  I know how awful it is to go through withdrawals.  If you can't get this because its new clonazepam has been the only thing that ever helped and peptobismal for my tummy... So my heart really goes out to you all suffering from this. Stay strong and make sure you have tons of support it really does help. I help I could be of some help and good luck!!!
ive been talking 180 percs a month and just quit cold turkey im at day seven ive been taking these for 4 years i still feel like s$it and yesterday the most vile stuff starting coming out of me not as bad today but still feel like crap got some sleeping pils to get threw the nites my legs are so sore but i am going strong i dont like these pills im taking extra strength tylenol for head ach hope this gets better soon
I've been trying to convince myself to get off of Roxy for about a month.  I know this is terrible.  But i'll make it to day 3 and then I can't take it anymore and use again.  I tried the cold turkey and the thomas recipe; however, I don't have access to valium or xanex.  The restless leg syndrome is killing me.  I don't think I can get my hands and feet to stop aching.  I've tried everything, but I can't sleep.  I just need help to quit this!  I've never told anyone about my addiction, I'm completely humiliated by it.  I've been taking hot showers, taking vitamins, forcing myself to walk my dogs and clean my house, eating healthy, and i've been using a pain relieving cream with menthol to try and ease my aches in my hands and legs.  But this is truly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  I just need help I guess and don't know what to do :(.  I don't want this to define my life anymore.  I miss the girl I used to be, and able to be happy without using.
Been on OxyContin or kadian for thirty years started percodan in 1982 from underground coal mine injury , over 30 broken bones low back injury and broken neck , I'm still in pain but these drugs are taking there toll , I want to quite any ideas ??
Hey eveyone , i dont know how to thank eveyone for the ideas , and how to make people feel better that got sucked in to this **** , i was on oxy for awhile maybe a year and half now , back problems , i took wayy too much that i knew one day im ganna die from it for sure , so i took a step back and said to myself i can stop get back there and doo it , i have to stop i cant be like this for the rest of my life , hell no , we used to work hard and not depend on anything , anyway im not ganna bother u with this anymore and im ganna tell u about what i did and how i think i found a way to beat this thing really easy , anyway i have to warn u, u might not like some of the things but believe it damn helps alot ,

This way is not going cold turkey , plz bare with me it might take some time but it helps alot , i started 3 days ago and i feel sooo good u have no idea , i used to take allmost 4 to 6 of the oxy 80mg everyday , by day 3 the chills are allmost gone , body iches , allmost gone , so i really hope this is ganna help alot of people ,

1. make sure u have few days off from work or whatever u do ,

2. Make sure there is some1 there to help u all the way throw it and beleive me seeing some1 there it ill help alot ,

3. Make sure u have very few Tecs no more than 15 of them ,

4. Make sure u have some weed , yes u heard me right weed . Its the gateway drug and to get of others u would need to go to the gate,

5. Make sure dont have anyway  for u to buy anymore pills whats soo ever, so u have to make sure u have no cash for anything ,

6, make sure u have soup like enough for atleast 4 to 6 days ,

Now do this the 1st day , make sure u take no more than 6 tecs make sure not to take more lets say try evey few hours take 2 no more , u can take them halfs or whatever u want,
U need to make sure if u were taking less than i did , then u have to cut eveything down alot more than what u used to take ,

Smoke some weed it helps u alot with the chills , the pains , a little bit with sleeping , it helps alot with all the w/d ,

If u can eat go ahead have soup ,u can take b12 allso no more than 2 for the 1st day ,

Day 2 , u might not had alot of sleep but u are in for a treat now ur body is hurt and its okay in day 2 u ganna have to take wayyy less tecs 5mg for day 2 make sure u take no more 3 the whole day , now when u smoke weed its ganna play with ur mind and let u forget about the pills , u just ganna be in diffrent world , thinking u have a bad flu thats all , im not ganna lie its ganna be abit hard but it works trust me it works .

Now make sure take atleast take one b12 , and make sure that u eat atleast 2 times if u can 3 and only soup , and lotsss of water , u ganna go to the washroom alot but its okay ,

Now by day 2 with what i told u to do u ganna be tired and wanna sleep thats good treat u earned it ;) u ganna be sleepy abit so sleep as much as u can and eat .

Day 3 im not having any craving anymore its 5.30 pm now , and i only took half a tec so far , i dont have that much of chills , i feel abit better , more awake , im eatting alot moree which is good, with b12 its even better, so i really dont know what to tell u , coz i feel better and i never felt this good about my self , im telling u eveything i did it helps alot , anyway i hope eveyone gets better and it does get better , love for u all ,