Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I need help with vicodin addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I need help with vicodin addiction

I was in a car accident quite a few years ago and suffer with cronic (chronic) pain. I was refered to a pain management doctor and was subscribed Vicodin Es. 120 pills a month. Well I became addicted very quick. I started taking about 10 a day. I was only supposed to take 4 a day. When I would run out I would call the Dr. and tell him my purse was stolen or was goimg on vacation for a month and needed an early refill. Not a question ever asked. I used all different pharmacies and often told them I didnt have insurance just so it wouldnt say refill to soon. Then I got to the point were I would use a whole bunch of different doctors. Well I got to the point where I couldnt take it any more. I was tired all the time. I have small children and i was concerned about my future with them. So one day I called my husband at work and told him I needed to go into a hospital for a few weeks because I was an addict. This was so hard. He had no clue. So I did just that. Stayed for 2 weeks. Got through the withdrawls and came home thinking I will never do that again. They told me in the hospital that I would need to go to meetings but I said no I dont need that. I am not your "typical drug addict". I thought that all I needed to do was get it out of my system then I would be fine. Well I was wrong. A couple months after I got out I was at work and in a lot of pain. A co-worker handed me 2 vicodin. And here I am again. It is alot worse this time. I take about 20 7.5's a day. My husband told me if I ever take another vicodin again he will leave me. I have no support here. I dont want to lose my family. So there is no way i could tell him. I have only 1 pill left and I am having difficulty getting more today. I am scared to death. Every time I would get them I would say this is it no more I am gonna whine myself off this time. Every day when I would toss two in my mouth I would say ok tomorrow I will just take one at a time. Tomorrow never seemed to come cause I kept taking them and now I am down to one and desperate. If anyone has advice PLEASE let me know soon. Thamks for listening.
Hi I have a vicodin addiction.3 years for me, I was up to 30 5/500's a day.first you need to let your Dr.know your problem and a close freind who can dole them out to you when your dose is due.My Dr.cut me 10% a day, I am now down to 6 a day with no hospitalation.I'm not saying it's easy but truely think it can be accomplished with a close freind involved every step of the way.My father is my freind because mt husband just can't except that I have an addiction. He thinks I can just totally stop and never think about vicodin again,you and I know this is not true.I think you can probly get around telling your husband.
Best of luck!!!! I'll be thinking of you!!
You must tell your doctor  because otherwise you will continue to have this happen.  Your doctor may help you wean off them, or you need to find an addiction specialist who can assist you with medication such as buprenorphine to detox.  Read the posts below regarding medications that will help.  Unfortunately, you will probably need to level with your husband because he is going to know something is going on.  Finally, you need to go to meetings and take this seriously.  It doesn't matter how or why you got addicted, you now have all the same problems all addicts have.  You must get help and continuing support or you will find yourself right back here in the future.  Good luck and keep posting to let everyone know how you are.
Hi, I am not sure what I can do ,but i too am going thru the same thing I am 38, a mother of 2 wonderful kids and have a good jpb etc...I take about 8 reg strenghth vics a day, but found myself doing the same things..no insurance...different docs...etc..I cannot do this anymore,so I went to my doctor yesterday and told him everything.I am now on a 2 month withdrawel program. I feel sooo much better. Fortunately my husband is understanding,your husband maybe should go with you to the doc. I am a total type A personality and felt like a failure but we are not alone....write  me anytime!!!
Well I did it! I went to the doctors today and told him everything. I start out-patient rehab in the morning. I also told my husband who was alot more understanding then I thought he would be. Now comes the hard part. I took my last two vicodin around 3:30. It is now 6:41. Even though it has only been a few hours I am already starting with the withdrawls. I am used to taken 15 a day and I only had 6 today with no more in sight. I wish that I had some to get me through the night until I can get medicine tomorrow but I dont. I am in for a long hall but I know that I will make it through and it will be worth it. Well thank you all for your advice. I ask that you all pray for me and I will continue to pray for you. I will keep you updated.Thanks again.
Dear Friend:  Please hang in there!! It will be a bit rough in the beginning, but think of what you will gain instead!!! Your life back...that is worth going through this and more.  I'm going into my third week of being clean and I can't tell you how much better this feels...it's like I'm alive again!  And not for a single minute will I forget all the people who helped and prayed for me through this forum...I am rooting for you!!! Focus...pray...and know that we have all been there and are here for you...every step of the way...you'll be in my prayers tonight...please let us know how you are doing!
I'm so happy to hear you have started on the road to recovery.  Remember, there are bumps in the road but take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll have your life back. Good luck!
I'm really glad to see you're doing well.  Please remember not to become complacent.  Most of us relapse because we think the withdrawal is the easy part when that is actually alot easier than not taking the pills again.  All my best.  Brian
Well today was the first day of rehab. Last night went better then I thought. I took some nyquil to help me sleep. This morning was bad. I woke up sweaty and cold. Very shakey (shaky) and anxious. I got to the rehab at 7:30am. I felt as though I would die. I went through a whole lot of paper work and then a physical. Then I sat in a meeting for what seemed to be eternity. Finally they gave me some meds. Something to relax me and a patch to calm the cravings. Also so vitiamns and motrin to ease the muscle twitches.  It really didnt make me feel any better. I wanted so desperatly to leave and go get another script but I didnt. I keep telling myself that I can do this and am constantly asking God for the strenghth to get through this. I know that I couldnt do it with out the prayers and the faith. I took a tranqulizer around 1:30 (given to me by them) and fell asleep for a few hours. When I woke up I felt better. (to my surprise) Its 9:30 now and I am feeling sick all over again. Time to take another tranqulizer and go to bed. I have to be at rehab at 8:00am (thank God!) Hopefully I will have a good night and better day tomorrow. Thanks for listening! God Bless all of you.
I didn't get your name, but I sure as hell got your problem.  I am 33 years old married and have 4 wonderful children.  I am also as addicted to Vicodin as anyone can get.  I take up to 50 vicodin ES's a day and have been for years. I have been in rehab once before 4 years ago and lasted less than a week and have been taking them almost every day since then.  I have once again come clean to my wife and family today and finally admitted that I was an addict. I am going to rehab very soon(probably tuesday 3-21) but would love to talk with you and possibly help if i can
I cant really call myself no where to turn any more since I found somewhere and some one to turn to. So my name is Lori.Its 5:30 in the am and I have been awake for hours. Day two without the vicodin and still very anxios. I feel still as I will crawl out of my skin and die but I know that thats not gonna happen. Keep asking God for the strenghth and although I feel very weak the days seem to be going by faster. My husband is being wonderful through  this whole thing. I have to go to rehab today at 8:00am(thank God again)and praying that I will feel better when I get home.

To Jim, The only advice I can give you is to go to the rehab asap! It is hard for me to give advice because I am just in the begining of this huge battle with the devil. Just go and know and keep in your head that you are not gonna die no matter how the withdrawl (withdrawal) is making you feel. You WILL die if you continue to use the way you are. You cant do it on your own. We tell ourselves that we can and we keep saying next script I am gonna ween myself off but it nevercomes. I dont  know if you are Christian. If you are it is very important to push that devil out that has been controling you for years and let God in. The power of prayer is amazing and I will pray for you and myself and everyone else going through this on here. Dont wait though do it TODAY!! Please keep in touch and God Bless..Lori
I just read all the responses to Vicodan, I must say I am really scared now of what is about to happen.  I have been on them for over a year now, and my Dr. now refuses to refill my script.  I am in the middle of moving out of state, I just lost my house and also my job, I really feel like I have nothing left in life.  The Vics seemed to help me get through the day.  I tried to talk to my Dr. but to no avail.  If anyone has a suggestion of something that can help until I get re settled, it would really be appreciated.  To all the rest of you with the same problem, be strong and keep the faith, I know we will all get through this somehow, someway, but mostly with Gods help I am sure.  I find this really hard for me because I am the mother of an addicted child, maybe not scripts but other drugs.  I always said it would never happen to me.  As you see, that is not true.
Good Luck All.
JT
Good luck with the rehab.  You may want to have your doctor check to see if you have damaged your liver from taking so much aceteminophen.  I don't know if you are aware of it or not but you have been taking far in excess of the safe amount.  I would suggest you begin taking milk thistle which has been clinically shown to protect the liver and even to reverse damage.
I think since your doctor is cutting you off, you should request that he give you some medications to assist with your withdrawal.  Clonidine, perhaps Xanax or some other tranquilizer and/or something like Baclofen will all make it a bit easier.  The bad news is, it isn't going to be easy regardless.  Good luck.
I had been sober from alcohol for almost 10 years. Thought vicoden was okay since it was prescribed by the Dr.  Then when I was arrested for forgery.. oh my god there were so many prescriptions at different pharmacies... i vowed to take the wake-up call and be wise.  I ended up drinking alcohol since it was recommended that I change my sobriety date.. then, i couldn't stop drinking AND i was still getting my hands on the vicoden. i was taking 80 vicoden a day.  2/28/99 I got my 13th DUI. Then I stopped drinking (usually takes some drastic measure to get me to stop) but I still wouldn't admit i had a problem with vicoden. On 2/1/00, my son's father sued me for custody of our 8yr old boy. His "informants" let him know about the vicoden abuse and he wants to protect our son. "But I'm functioning." I tell myself and everyone. "And I'm doing great.. Look at my successes. Look at my friends and business and cars and new home." I still didn't accept this SIGN of time to quit and accept my addiction. The custody battle isn't over.  But my admission of powerlessness over vicoden and the willingness to do something about my addiction is finally here.  I believe this is a spiritual awakening and that God let me go through all the denial and humiliation and more until I could finally concede to myself that I had a problem.  Nobody could tell me so. I didn't want to give it up.  I really fooled myself into thinking I was okay in spite of these huge amounts of vicoden I was taking, stealing, forging, etc.  Now:  I want my life back. I want my spiritual connection and the freedom. I want to live without being dependent on a damn drug. I want to rely on a Higher Power to give me strength, not pills.  i need to face my problems and fears, not hide & run & escape to Vicoden.  I'm getting too old on top of it all.  At 38 yrs old, I can only imagine how my 38 yr old liver is ticking.  Thanks all for your input. It is inspiring to me. I'm on day 3 and I really feel great.  Took a baking soda bath, have some milk thistle and yes, a lot of coffee..  Oh well, progress, not perfection.  Oh I wish us all success in beating this opiate. We really can do it; however not alone.  I love 12 steps. Helped me with alcohol.  Good luck everyone.
Thank you for sharing your story.  It should be a reminder to us all of the danger of the thinking that it is okay to use a drug as long as it isn't our drug of choice.  I am sure you are going to stay vigilant about ALL drugs in the future.  Take care, Brian
Brian: I am vigilant. Atleast I try to be. That try word sucks doesn't it... but being alone with my fears and realities of life is very scary. and hard. and as an addict and an alcohol, i WANT to escape and FIX me and not feel the fears, loneliness, insecurity. What do I do?  I face them, ask God's help or angels, read something uplifting, call a friend or sponsor, pray, go to a meeting, write to this forum. OK GREAT. I'm doing that now. And I'm taking big time credit at this moment. But this is the hard part. Staying clean and abstinent and doing the right thing for me is really hard. The easy thing to do is to take something. Even eat or sleep or some bullshit escape mechanism. I don't feel like calling somebody. I don't even feel like reading anything. I did ask God and my two real-or-imaginary-who-the-hell-knows angels to "stay with me. help me please. don't leave me" a few moments ago.  I'm really friggin happy you wrote something to me; believe me, that is to me right now a sign from the "abstinence angels" so this note has a few messages.  One is, cool, i'm doing some footwork to stay clean for the time it takes to type this, and two, thank you brian.  your words, addressed to me, have given me the little "angelic boost" i needed right now.
Lynn
I know how hard it is right now for you.  I remember the despair and feeling like life would never get better or be worth living without the painkilers.  These feelings WILL pass and it will get easier.  Sometimes when it is really hard instead of taking it one day at a time, just do it a minute at a time.  Before you know it you will have your life back.  Life is not always fun and sometimes without the drugs we feel like we can't make it.  When I'm feeling that way I try to remember that even though I'm having a rough time I OWN THAT FEELING, it is real and not a drug buffered "happiness" which isn't real.  Hang in there and remember, God won't give you more than you can handle.  Brian
Day #3. I feel a little better today. Physicaly anyway. Mentaly I feel like ****. I am so depressed. Just sad for no aperent reason. I look in the mirror and cry uncontrolably.I want a pill so bad. I keep telling myself just one more will make me feel ok. But I know that is not true. I hate what this is doing to me. I hate the fact that I lost control. I am so mad I cant stand it. When will I be me again.
You will start feeling better soon.  The depression is unfortunate but perfectly normal for post acute withdrawal.  You may want to consult your doctor about an antidepressant.  I really think they help in the months after detox.  Hang in there it will get better.
Thanks for the advice Brian. Everyone keeps telling me that it will get better but it is so hard to imagine. Day4: Went to rehab today. Got my daily dose of meds. This rehab is very hard for me to handle. I dont feel as though I fit it. i know that we all have addiction in common but its not the same. We talked about triggers today and they gave us a list of things to look out for. Everyone in there could relate to these triggers but me. The only thing that triggered me to take the vicodin was the pain. So heres the question of the day. How do I stay away from that? It is nearly impossible to live a day without pain. Another thing we talk about is relapse. Everyoneone in there has been there like 10 times!! How promising is that? This whole process is annoying me to no end. I have no energy what so ever. I cant get out of my own way. This sucks!!!!!
No offense, but from your description of events (taking way too many pills, lying to doctors, etc., as well as your past history with alcohol) you have more in common with those addicts than you think.  Yes, I am sure you have real pain.  However, it seems that once you had the pain you used that as a justification to abuse the medication.  The hard truth is that until you stop comparing out and start finding things to relate to with the other addicts you will not start true recovery.  You need to be truthful with yourself and decide if you really are in such horrible pain that you can't live without opiates.  If you are, then you need to find out whether what is causing the pain can be resolved.  If not, you will have to find a pain clinic willing to try other meds, etc. before they will commit to a lifetime of supplying you with opiates.
this message is to anyone, I have been going through the exact same thing as all of you. I was in a car accident, got lots of vicodin, then I broke my finger, mor med. then i was in another accident, and of course more med. well, I guess you all get the point. Anyway, I want to quite taking them really bad!!!! I have not had an actual real script for any in about a month, but I have no problem getting them, from friends,family ect. I tried to tapper off and it lasted for about 2 days. Today I coulden't handle it anymore, i called both my doctors I was ready to do whatever they thought was best, but neither one ever called me back.I ended up obtaining another bottle of pills!!! I'm sooooo
mad at myself I guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was. If anyone has any advice I would be thankful. i'm a single mom, I just lost my job and I am starting to wonder what else I am gonna have to lose before I get real help!!!

It sounds like you want help, so I would recommend NA.  Also, you need to tell the doctors what is going on so they will not keep prescribing to you.  You may need an outpatient program to help you detox.
Thank tou for responding, I have been trying to reach one of my doctors for 2 days, finally, today my psychiatrist called me back. I have an appt. with him day after tomorrow(thursday). He told me to go ahead and take the few remaining pills I have left and when I see him thursday, we will set down and talk and he really sounds like he wants to help. He said there are several meds that he can give me to help with the withdrawl (withdrawal), I'm really scared though, I have a 7 yr old daughter, and I can't get involved in a big intense thing over this. My family has NO idea and if they were to find out, god only knows what would happen!!! So I guess you could say I'm pretty much doing this all alone!!! It's so hard.
Does anyone have any advice for family members of addicts?  Are there any good books out there to read?  My emotions have been going from one end of the spectrum to the other...I feel intense sympathy and love for my brother who has been battling addiction for years.  On the other hand, I am completely angry.  He has lied to everyone, and taken money from my parents, and deprived his children of things that they should have because he has been feeding this addiction.  I want to be able to help him and be there for him the best way that is possible, but when I am feeling angry it is SO hard.  I feel like my loyalty lies with my parents who he has taken advantage of to the nth degree and I know this is destroying them emotionally.  Does anyone have any advice?  I really want to be able to do what is best for everyone.
Go to www.prescriptionabuse.org and read the family member stories.  I think they will help you to not feel so alone.  Also, consider something like NARANON (the NA version of ALANON for families of addicts).
hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. after reading all the comments, I can clearly see I have a problem w/vic. I quess i knew before this but just couldn't "admit it" to myself. Even though  I have a large family I still feel alone. Today I going to the mall to look for a self help book. Is there such a thing? For over a year now, I've taken approx 4 es/day. That may not seem like much compared to everyone else but enough to know i look forward to it at the end of the day. Almost like a reward. Stupid? or I'm i reaching that point?
dear lori,the hardest part is over.youll soon feel better ive been there trust me .ive been following youre stories and updates hope  you feel better soon. god bless.....tamara
I remember taking 1 Lorcet at the end of each day as a "reward."  It got up to 3 a day before I finally got some help.  Went into outpatient rehab, quit for 6 months and then started up again.  Went from 3 a day to 25-30 a day!!  Amazing how that tolerance starts to build, and before you know it you don't have a monkey on your back, it's a 500lb. gorilla.  If you are smart, you'll stop NOW before getting to where I was.  Yes, there are books on the topic (you can find them at Borders or online at Amazon) such as "The Recovery Book" which are helpful.  My advice is to taper off the meds, seek some help from a program such as NA, or if you aren't willing, try to do it yourself.  Unfortunately, most people can't.  Good luck.
This message is for Sandy (or anyone, really).  I have been dealing with a Vicodin addiction for about two years.  When I finally decided to get some help I went to a book store and looked in the "addiction and recovery" section.  I found a wonderful book called Prescription Drug Abuse - The Hidden Epidemic.  The author is Rod Colvin. It contains wonderful tools and resources for recovery including stories by people who have actually been through it!  It has become my "Bible" so to speak. I have found it to be very inspirational!  Good luck!   -Cristi
To Brian and Cristi,
Thanks for responding. I will look for the book Cristi suggested.
My only problem is I have roomates. Don't know how canI sneek away to read in peace.Any suggestions? Also looking for a book on obsessive/compulsive traits. I'm not over the deep end yet (ha ha)but don't you think this kind of addiction can go hand in hand? I mean think about it. If we're close to running out of the vic. don't our entire thoughts drift to becoming obsessed w/ finding more? So I'm looking for other ways to distract my attention away from it in a more constructive manner. I keep promising myself Im going to get back to the spa and work off the tension and more walks in the neighborhood but I haven't started. It's easy to say "tomorrow" but without help "tomorrow" will never come.I pray each day for patience and strength to understand what is happening to me.Keep me in your prayers as I will do the same for all of you
Going to the spa is a great idea.  I find one of the major reasons why addicts relapse is not because we miss the "high" but because we are often depressed, especially in the months after detoxing.  Physical exercise releases endorphines which not only lift the mood but also help alleviate craving.  Make time for yourself, get exercise and find a quiet place to read some recovery material.  If you can't do it at home, go to the library, a park or somewhere else quiet.  Finally, I'm not sure about books on OCD, but search on Amazon and see.  Although there may be some connection with OCD and addiction, I think the obsessing about the drugs is simply part of the addiction and not necessarily indicative of OCD.  Take care and keep posting.  Brian
This is day 2 w/no vicodin. I do however have over a hundred left.please don't say throw them out. At this point i don't know if i can do that. It certainly isn't "one day at a time for me, it's more like moment to moment" Feeling nervous and "speedy" Doesn't help w/the fact im on prednisone for right now to boot.
I bought a self help book called addiction and grace. It's pretty deep. Hard to follow.I'll keep trying but think i need a different resource.
During this time of withdrawal, did anyone have stomach tightness, loose stools or nausea? This really sucks. I find myself praying several times a day for streghth and patience. I love my life and my daughter. It still blows my mine to think of all the wonderful things God has given me and look at the way I repay him! It makes me ashamed and unworthy. I get so scared He is going to bring the ax down on me for this even though I've always viewed Him as my friend. Please keep writing everyone. I need all the input i can get
Hang in there!  Yes, stomach problems are a common withdrawal symptom.  Try some Immodium, it works pretty well.  I'm not going to tell you to throw out the vicodin, but...as you know if you have them around 100 is enough both to addict you again AND make you go through this again.  So, it's your choice.  I still think the best addiction book I've seen is called "The Recovery Book."  It's written kind of like a "Recovery for Dummies" if they had such a thing.  Good advice, easy to read, easy to find topics of interest.  Anyway, keep taking it one day or even one minute at a time.  Before you know it you'll be through the withdrawal.  Then it's time to really put your energy toward STAYING clean (which is the REAL hard part).  I'll say a prayer for you.  Brian
I am sooooo sorry you are going through this hell. i just got out of rehab myself and i so understand you. i too am not your typical "adict" if there is such a thing.
i am praying for you....a pill is not worth your family. Believe me i wuold choose a bottle of wine over my family 3 months ago. email me when you need someone...
***@****
I am so glad I found this site.  I to have a addiction to vicidon es and hydrocodone meds.  I have been in recovery for 4 and 1/2 months  now and doing very well.  I tried to quit on my own several times. Of course, for me, it never worked.  I was taking 60 pills a day.  The most I ever took in one day was 98 pills.  My body got so imune to them.  It really is amazing, because you can function fine.  I went into a 28 day treatment program and was givin meds to help me with the withdrawls.  If I can do it anyone can.  I was addicted for over 6 years.  It still is one day at a time and always will be, but thats okay.  If you really really want to stop, you can with the help and support of others.  Please dont give up, and I pray everyday that I dont ever give up eigther.  Addiction is a disease, just like cancer, and I know I need treatment for it everyday.  For me its online meetings or face to face meetings and lots of prayer.  Hang in there.  Love to all
Thanks for sharing your story.  Whatever you do, don't get complacent.  I had 6 months clean and thought I was doing great, then let down my guard and next thing I knew I was taking tons of pills again.
I can completely understand.  It is a very dangerous drug.  I was given Vicodin for Migraines years ago (@3-4).  I still take tham in large quanities at times and wonder how long this can go on for.  I've asked for help from my primary doctor, neurologist, ect. and gotten no where.  They don't know how to get me off of it b/c of my headaches.  I wonder sometimes if I am ever going to wake up from all of these pain pills.  They have tried the Catepres patch which is helpful, I got off of it once before with the help of that and some other medications but under supervision.  I am not a believer that with the quantity we take we can do it without medical attention. Pls.Write back.  How do you get your medicine??  Isn't it amazing how this mess all begins.  I would give anything to have never taken one of these stupid pills. I am single and living alone and it is a scarey thing to face everyday. Jo.
Have they tried other medications for your migraines?  There are so many good non-narcotic migraine meds now (Zomig, Imitrex, etc.) that not many docs who treat migraine sufferers will prescribe narcotics and certainly not large amounts.  You need to try and find an addiction doctor to help get you off the pills.  If not, as your tolerance rises continually you will run out and go through withdrawal each month until your prescription is renewed.  You'll also be missing out on life!
Brian I know what you mean, but dont kid yourself... Alot of doctors perscribe narcotics for those type of headaches.  I work in the medical field as well, and I see it all the time.  It's hard to find a good doctor that will give non narcotic drugs for severe headaches.  My personal doctor gave me 200 Lortab 7.5 every month.  As you know that is basicly the same as Vicodin ES only a little bit less tylonal.  So, you are right in the fact that there are other drugs that work real well for headaches, but I do believe it's hard to find a good doctor who will give those instead of just handing a script for narcotics to keep the pt happy.  Maybe like you said a addiction specialist would be a better choice.  thanks
You are correct, many doctors do prescribe narcotics for migraines.  I should have said good doctors will not unless all other meds fail, or will only prescribe small amounts for breakthrough pain.
Brian, Thanks for your response.  I have been to headache clinics, neurologists, rehab.....and end up back to Vicodin.  I take @15 a day (4 years) and the past few days have been trying to taper.  I am picking up the Catepres patch tonight and cutting back by 2 a day (per my doctors orders).  I am going to try and taper off but it is very difficult.  Every time a stressful event comes along I reach for the pill bottle.  This has been my life for 4 years on and off.  I do take Amerge and Maxalt for Migraines when I get a really bad headache and this with my vicodin works great.  I am really going to try and get off this stuff.  It is ruining my life and controlling it.  It's nice to share info. with all these peolpe of similar stories.  Any advcie anyone has I will take.  Thanks so much. Jo
I too was addicted to any pain killer I could get a hold of. I am slowly gaining control of my life again. If you care about your family you will get help now before it's too late. I have lost a lot over the use of pills. Now I have to work twice as hard to get what I want. You can overcome this addiction if you believe in yourself. I had to realize all of my pain would still be there with or without the pills. If I kept taking pills I was only putting off the pain for a little while. Now I get up in the morning and face my pain head on. You can do the same.  Good luck.
I AM IN MY 2ND DAY OF DETOX OF HYDROCODONE. WE ARE BOTH DRUG ABUSERS, AND NEED HELP! GOD IS TRULY THE ANSWER, BUT THATS SO HARD. SHOW YOUR HUSBAND THIS PLEASE, BUT GET YOUR ASS UNDER CONTROL. I AM DONE!!!! SIR, I AM A SUCCESSFUL PERSON, BUT WHEN THESE PILLS GET YOU-THEY REALLY GET YOU. I TOOK 23 PERCOCET 7.5 IN 12 HOURS, AND IT FELT GREAT- BUT THEN I WAS OUT AGAIN. MY WIFE IS ON A 3 DAY VACATION, SO I CAN DRY OUT. PLEASE TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO CHURCH. YOU ARE THE MAN AND IF YOU DONT. ITS ALL OVER! JUST DO IT!                            ZORRO
I pray for each of us..we need all the help we can get. This week I tried cold turkey.....Not the way to go. I've read several of articles much like these, Buprenex, seems to be very effective relieving  the withdrawls and cravings. One shot  for five days, and that's it Several testimonies  have said it's the way to go..tomorrow I will ask my doc . Weaning off just isn't working..I'm glad I found you all . PEACE and LOTTSA LOVE FLEA
My story is much the same as all of yours....   I was in a horrible car accident over a year ago.  The doctors placed me on Lortab 10mg DAILY for 9 straight months to control the pain. I was also on Soma (as needed) for muscle spasms.  I had no idea that these drugs had such a potential for addiction.  After my last surgery my pain finally eased up - but then I could not stop taking the Lortab or the Soma.  To top things off I was placed on Xanax for "panic attacks".  I was taking at least 20 Lortab, 8-10 Soma, and 4-5 1.0 mg Xanax daily. I never missed work, excelled at my job, and my family never knew.  I spent all my spare time trying to find those "feel good" doctors who will give you a script for about anything.  I finally did a lot of research and found out what kind of trouble I was in. I wanted help and I wanted it fast!  I confided in my best friend who's been in AA for over 15+ years.  My "friend" went straight to my family (Mother, sister and her family) and told them everything.  I can understand her actions but also felt a bit betrayed.  I am now banned from being with the love of my life - my 12 year old nephew.  Being separated from him is the absolute worst thing that has EVER happened to me.  I helped raise him from infancy until he was 4 (my sister and brother-in-law worked long hours).  My Mother is my only support and I know I have let her down terribly - she is my angel.  I talked with my sister and brother-in-law and told them I was going for help.  They said even if I did they would never trust me around their son.  I can understand their view point - to an extent.  I then hit rock bottom, I wanted to die but I knew it would kill my Mother. Instead of going for the help I needed I started forging precsciptions.  This worked fine (so I thought) for about 6 months.  In March I came home one day to find 30+ "advertisements" in my mail from attorneys wanting to help me with my felony charge.  I made some calls and found out (what I already knew) that I was being charged with Fraudulant Use of a Regulated Form.  I posted bond, avoided being actually arrested, and have been in the court system for over a month. The day after I posted bond I went for help with my addiction.  The Psychiatrist I saw said I needed to go to an in-patient Rehab immediately.  I agreed.  There were no openings at any of the facilities in town at that time.  I went home and called a physican friend of my who's specialty is Pain Management (ironic isn't it).  I had not confided in him before since I was so ashamed.  He prescibed me Klonopin and told me exactly when and how to take it.  I took Immodium AD for the stomach problems.  I was off work for 9 days and detoxed at home. (I don't recommend this - it's not for everyone). I went back to work drug free and have been ever since. Was it easy?  Of course not.  I saw my Psych. doctor and she was really amazed and proud that I detoxed on my own. I still see her on a regular basis.  I go to court Monday.  Having no prior ciminal history - not even a parking ticket - the DA and my attorney assured me I will get deferred ajuducation, serve community hours, and be on probation for 2-3 years.  I did not tell my sister or Mother about my legal issues - I think they've been through enough.  I did tell my sister that I went through detox, and I am not doing drugs anymore, but that has not changed her mind about me being able to see my beloved nephew.  This has depressed me beyond words, and I don't know how to even begin to handle this. It is slowly killing me emotionally - killing me worse than the drugs were if you can imagine.  I know I only have myself to blame, I just hope and pray one day she will change her mind, but I doubt it. Any advice on this from anyone?  I feel great not being a slave to the drugs that ruined my life.  I only hope that with the help of God I stay clean.  I take things a day, a moment, a minute at a time.  My prayers to ALL of you with this horrible addiction.  Hitting rock bottom was what jolted me back to reality - I hope this is not your way.  Thanks to all for listening.  God Bless!
Thanks for sharing your powerful story.  I think you are doing great and I just wish your sister would understand more about addiction so she would accept that it is a disease.  You are taking the steps needed to recover and hopefully you will be able to rebuild the trust necessary for you to continue your relationship with your nephew.  By the way, has your sister considered the damage she is doing to her son by denying him his relationship with someone who is obviously very important in his life??  Furthermore, why can't you be with him in a setting where you are not alone with him (which to me is still ridiculous, it's not as if you got caught murdering someone!!).  If this is the way your sister reacts to a family member in need of support, I feel sorry for her as it seems she has more problems than you do.  Good luck with court, etc.
I also have been on pain medication for a long time.  Started out with fiorinal with codeine for my migranes (migraines).  Then I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica ans was given 100 lortab every six to eight weeks, oxcontin 60 20m and predisone.  I always use them up before I'm suppose to, but am afraid to ask my doctor for more.  In fact the last time I went he wanted me to have a blood test and then said he'd see me in about 4 months.  He said to call when I needed my meds, but I have to wait at least six or seven weeks.  I just got these meds filled about two weeks ago and only have about 30 of the lortabs and 30 of the oxycontin left.  I can't ask my other doctor for the fiorinal because I just got that about a month ago and they are all gone. I am really in pain and hate to beg for pain medication. I'm always afraid that each visit will be the one where the doctor cuts me off. I can't imagine anyone forging a prescription though, I'd be terrified.  Except for the pain and a feeling of not wanting to do anything because I can't get going in the morning I don't think I have any of the withdrawal things that I have read about.  I know I'm probably addicted but I really don't want to go off these meds right now. I know the first step in getting off pain medicines and being addicted is admitting and wanting to go off them.  I just don't think I'm at that point.  Just wanted to vent.  Thanks
Dear Brian - your words of comfort mean so much to me words cannot even begin to thank you.  My court date went fine - just as expected.

My sister has started to let me go to watch my nephews baseball games, but of course as soon as the game is over they whisk him away as soon as possible to limit my contact.  My nephew, like most kids is really sharp, and is awfully confused as to why he can't come visit me all the time like he use to.  Her husband is the truly ignorant one.  I explained to them both that addiction was a disease, and he laughed and said that was all a bunch of BS, and that it was just an excuse for being stupid and weak.  Whatever he says is law, and I know he is a huge influence in my sister's actions, since she never argues with him. She does have more problems than I do - she has to live with Mr. Ignorant.  They are both super-educated, successful people, which may be their problem - ha. I guess I no longer fit into their lives since I am now a "tainted" person in their eyes.

I found out my sister told a mutual friend that she could not allow her son's life to be in danger by being alone with me since he would be "surrounded by drug dealers".  (Got to look at the "funny" side here if you can - if I DID know any drug dealers I would not have had to forge scripts in the first place...),  In their eyes it might have been easier if I HAD murdered someone...knowing the way my country bumpkin brother-in-law thinks he would probably condon murder.

I'm hanging on a day at a time, I am so depressed I don't know how to handle it.  Thank you again Brian for your kind, kind words.  

I'm glad to hear court went well.  I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are so incredibly ignorant.  I feel even worse for your nephew than I do for you.  Not only is he cut off from his Aunt, but he is saddled with parents who are obviously vindictive and twisted.  You say they are super educated but yet they know nothing about addiction or love or family or support...  They may have degrees but they lack knowledge.  My only suggestion to you is to take care of yourself and good things WILL happen.  When you are in recovery, life is going well for you, etc., I'll bet they will come around.  Because they are so ignorant about addiction, it will only be after a period of time where they can see that your life is on track that they will trust you.  Again, take care of YOU and take it one day at a time.  Brian
Thanks again for your words of comfort.  How true that they lack knowledge despite their "education".

I am taking things a day at a time, and I can only hope and pray that in the years to come things will change.  

Thanks again - Bonnie.
Wow, Bonnie...I am grateful for your story.  I had thought on one occassion or more to "forge" somthing, but never let it get farther than a fleeting thought.  All the same, I had that sick thought because of this sick disease of Addiction.  I am new to this forum and it is almost surreal to me how many people are in the same proverbial boat as me.  I HATE this addiction, but, I need to count on words of wisdom from many, many recovering and Christian friends.."God will never give us anymore than we can handle." That is hard to grasp at times for I think like many others, that I am shameful and bad...not true at all.  Please feel free to mail me ***@****
IT WILL NEVER END
this worked for me.. turned my life over to the care of GOD
I don't understand why I had no problem quiting Vicodin. I had a torn knee cartilage and torn ligament that caused me a lot of pain. It took several months to get scheduled in the hospital I wanted to perform the arthroscopy. I have a high paced job in a large city, and my knee just wouldn't stay under me, so the Vicodin made it manageable. However, after the surgery and about a week of recovery, I stopped taking the pain medication. The first night I had a headache and couldn't sleep, so I took a Tylenol PM, sleep well through the night and never thought about pain medication again until now, years later, when I have another condition which causes chronic pain.

Does the fact that I am getting older now mean that I may be more prone to addiction? If so, perhaps I shouldn't consider pain medication.

Anon
Most people who treat with narcotics for real pain will not become addicted in a few months.  Many develop tolerance and some physical dependence, but this is different from addiction.  Age has nothing to do with addiction.  Consider yourself blessed you don't have this problem.  The warning signs of addiction as opposed to tolerance are: taking greater amounts than prescribed; taking the drug for its "high" and not for pain relief; obsessing about using the drug; obsessing about obtaining more of the drug, etc.  If you have these, time to consider stopping for good.
You're a ******* a crackhead dude.
After reading the posts I realize that I too am addicted to Vic.'s  The problem is that I don't really mind it.  Maybe it is because I am only up to 6/day and while the med. helps my back pain (for which I originally had the med.'s prescribed), I thoroughly enjoy the feeling.  I realize that there will come a time when my tolerance will increase and I will need more but that day has not come yet.  In the meantime the med.'s help me deal with the other problems in my life such as having a chronically ill wife, no children and a career which has stagnated.  I know what most of you would say.  "Get off the drugs now while you still can!"  Well, my fear is that if I do, I probably couldn't handle the other problems which seem to dominate my life.  
   Yes, I have severe depression and yes, I take Prozac and other med.'s but they really don't work.  The vic.'s are the only thing that permits me to make it through the day.  I know that I am playing with fire because in my job I have a lot of responsibility (I'm a lawyer) but I have never let my feelings or condition interfere with my work for a client.  The first time that would ever happen, I would quit my job.
   At some point, you just look back at your life and say "It wasn't supposed to turn out this way."  That's when I probably feel the saddest.  Missed opportunities.  Missed relationships.  There are times when I easily see that suicide is not such a bad choice after all.  Until then, I will cope as well as I can, with or without meds.
There is no hope.. Opiates now rule your life forever!

Sad but true
Believe or not - it's been wonderful reading all your stories.   I never realized how addicting vicoden really can be.  This might sound crazy - I have never experienced any sort of pain but love the feel of taking a vicoden to get through the day. I starting taking vicoden from my grandmother's medicine cabinet when I had cramps.  Grandma always got a script from the doctor once a month but she never took them, so my sister and I would split the bottle - she's also a vicoden lover but neither one of us would ever admit we have a problem.  Grandma's Dr. finally stopped giving her a script.  I thought the world was ending.  Then my life started all over again!  My boyfriend went into the hospital for surgery - they prescribed him 5 refills @ 100 pills - yee haw!  It's been 4 months and I've taken up to 4 pills everday since, however, this last prescription went quick and now there won't be any until September.  I'm at the point where I don't know what to do and don't know how to admit or get help!  I guess I'll just wean myself off.  I'm venting right now but I also want to say I will pray for each an everyone of you.  Why can't we just be high on life?  Vicoden is the devil!
I must say that I really feel bad for anyone who is hooked on Opiates from previous pain and pain that still exists because it must be hard to stop something that makes the pain go away. I had a very bad love for OxyContin. It was given to me one night when I was out at a bar with some friends. I immidiately loved the high that it gave me and got more soon. I would go out and talk to everyone and be really "up" and felt great. Then, I started taking them for all different occasions. Not ONCE for pain, just for the high. Chewing them very fine was the best way to get high off them. Then I went from to 20's to the 40's. The high was, what I thought heaven. Now, at this time I was taking them on weekends only and a few times during the week. I would get into these bad moods not knowing what caused it. Yet everytime I would take an Oxy, the bad feelings would go away. Then I checked on the internet and found out how many people were screwed up on these things. I laughed and thought it was a big joke. Boy, was I in for an awakening. I then started taking them everyday, to get that feeling. Then toward the end of the day I would feel tired and sleep. I was always looking to go out or do something as a reason to take an Oxy. At the end of last summer, I decided to stop and just take them once in a while again. I stopped and for 2 days felt shitty. Then I started feeling better and realzied that I could stop at anytime so this would never be a problem. But, you must realize of course, in the back of my head I knew I was just stopping and not quiting. So that weekend came and the PARTY BEGAN. I went like this right into xmas time and New Years then got arrested for domestic assault because I got into a bitter fight while drunk and on a good amount of oxy. It was put on file. My girl and I worked things out and she said that I needed to stop. I did. That first Monday, I felt horrible. Depressed, loose stool, nervouse, insomnia and now I knew it was no longer a joke. But she was there for me and I promised I'd be ok. A few days later, I felt better but once again, I knew I had 50 20mg pills owed to me and I told myself I'd take them ONLY ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK, ONE AT A TIME, 1 pill for one night. That lasted for one weekend and then I found myself taking them again to get going. Now, back heavy, not caring at all about nothing, I met another girl while still seeing my long time girl. Didn't care and started seeing her and it broke her heart. I was with this girl and she knew me only on Oxy's. She didn't know the real me. I went to Cancun in March and had enough with me for the two weeks we were there. But I started getting low and the beautiful trip was looking bleak if I ran out so I rationed. I made it through and got home determined to quit. I had to tell this other girl and she was shocked but she too said she would help. I cut down to 10mg pills but still, I was taking them. Weekend would come and I would use more. Then I got into more and more and the was taking like 120mgs a day. I ran out and realized what had happened all at once. I lost my x-girl because of what I had done. I had grown attached to her daughter whom I had been with since her birth. The new girl found out and was so mad that I lied to her the whole time. My credit card bills were WAY TOO HIGH from doing cash advances not caring and I was out of pills all at once. I WANTED TO DIE! THEN IT GOT WORSE! The next day I had to call in sick. I had panic attacks, could not sleep, move felt like dying. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS ME! NO! NO! It was UNBEARABLE.. I was thinking of killing myself! The physcial side was bad but the SUICIDAL DEPRESSION WAS UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kept with it though and made it three weeks and once again said, OK, ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE! Started using them and, though this time I would only do small amounts, I caught myself using for two weeks straight and felt horrible things all over again, but not quite as bad. You see, you use to avoid that feeling and you get deeper and deeper. Me being stubborn, never would give into the idea of help. So I kept reading stuff on the internet and it helped. I chatted on-line with some people who knew how to cope and they helped. Then I started going to the gym and reading some self help type books. But the gym, man, it would releive the stress and help me sleep. The INSOMNIA WAS KILLING ME. I was lucky too cuz I always had been into the gym but had been away for sometime becuz of the pill usage. The GYM saved me! Then I realized how rediculous I had been and began trying to take things one moment at a time. Then hour. Then day, then week and now, I am, TRULY, NO KIDDING, happier than ever with myself. You see, when you put your goals and things you want to accomplish before that high feeling, its not so hard. AT FIRST, YOU CAN'T EVER, EVER BELEIVE THINGS WILL BE BETTER! You are too depressed. It sucks! ITS TERRIBLE. But you know what, it is a blessing in disquise because when you do get out of it, it is like a new life. Now I don't have a girl or anything now, I realize that I am a very good looking single 27 year old with very little resposiblity now and I have my nice easy days back. Golf, beach just hanging out. Even work is good now and I have a good job all along, just seems better now.

Bottom line, life is terrible when you are on drugs. It seems so good, and it actually is when you are high and using because that is what you know as good. But it is much better being able to sleep, think and eat sober. I'll be honest, I don't like it when they say you can't ever even drink again. I don't believe that. I have been out since and had a couple drinks, but NOT TO GET WASTED BECAUSE THAT is just filling a void. I feel so good straight now that I don't need a high. Two months ago, I would have never thought this but I thank GOD and all of you who have helped. If you want to quit, JUST DO IT! It seems so easy to say and so hard to do but you need to. Life is too short to be depending on drugs and if you keep it up, it will get shorted. Either you will OVERDOSE or KILL YOURSELF, STOP BEFORE IT GETS WORSE! PEACE!
I have  been taking  85  vicodin ES's a day and I have a erectioon problem.
I don't know what to do, I have a similar problem. I take approx. 3-4 vicodins a day. (750mg) And I cannot seem to stop. I am going through 60 in three weeks. I don't know what to do. I cannot tell anyone. I will lose my job and everything. Is there any kind of pills to keep you sedated at home for a couple of days? Outpatient?? Please help.... This crazyness has to stop. Thank you...
You will not lose your job if you go to an addiction specialist for help.  Confidentiality prevents anyone in the addiction field from being able to reveal information about your addiction.  You can be treated outpatient which will mean you continue working.  Try to find someone who uses buprenorphine as a detox medication.  It can help you withdraw easily and start the road to recovery.  Good luck.
The worst thing that could ever happen to the world is drugs through the internet.  I have an addictive personality and spend about 100 dollars a week on prescriptions online without seeing a doctor.  they are delivered the next day. If it suddenly stopped, i would be in so much trouble.
just found this board. could not believe it exists. scared to death, need to stop but i heard some celebrity had a heart attack when they *stopped* taking their vicodin. so please tell me what to expect as i cut back from 3/day to 2/day to none, how fast i should do it, and what to expect besides jitters in sleep.
will anything lessen the severity?
can i stop *too fast* and cause more damage?
help...
i am watching this bottle dwindle with unlikely refill and i feel like i am going to have a stroke. my email is ***@****
p.s. i would have started a new thread but could not figure it out, so please don't be too mad if i posted here incorrectly:)
I have been on vicodins for 2 yrs now,i get them from and through friends. Sunday the 8th of October,I decided I wanted to quit. Its just getting old and want my life back. I wasnt taking near of what most of you were on a daily basis,I used a half of a 500mg for about a year,and got up to 1 1/2 to 2 a day. I havent had one Since 10/8/2000. i am having stomach problems,depressed,crying once in a while. So my friend took me to the hospital this past Wed night,was there 4 hours and they sent me home,and said if I want to join a outpatient program that was up to me. I was going there in hope of detox,to help with the withdrawls. I am on my fifth day,and I feel like ,I think it was Elizabeth,no energy,like I am in limbo. I have 30 vicodons in this same room as I am typing,I almost was going to bite a little off about 30 minutes ago,but grabbed a coke,and did a search on vicodin addiction instead. I read all the posts,and it is comforting,knowing others are in the same boat.My wife and I seperated on june 5th 98,nothing to do with drugs,this started afterwards. So I started dating and was looking for a nice lady to hook up with,to treat and have respect for her and if she had childen,I kept running into ,losers,users,liars players,you name it. So I got a couple vicodins and would go drinking on the weekends,and I still looked for a decent lady,but still had no luck. Anyway about 2 weeks ago I decided giving up looking for a lady,that wants a guy to treat her good. So last Sunday something hit me and I deciced to give up on the Vicodins and getting myself together,and then look for a nice lady. Its a tough road,so far I am doing it on my own and on day 5. I have heard different stories on how long before you feel your normal again. So I am taking it one day at a time,but I think its the roughest thing I have ever gone through. Well I want to wish all of you the best of luck,and to hang tough,and think of how nice it will be to have a normal life again,that God gave use all. To be honest,I wish they would take everything off the market that contains hydrocodone,I know there are alot of other drugs,but I hear more about these drugs more than any others. God Bless you all from my heart,and I will be here reading daily. If anyone would like to talk or have advice feel free to E-mail me at ***@**** anytime......Thank you All - Rick
Hi, I am in the same boat as you.  I have an addictive personality and feel that I have now become addicted to vicodin.  I take about 10-12 a day and feel EXACTLY like you do.  Trying to get different prescriptions, swearing to wean myself off, saying I can do it myself, then popping two at a time, forgetting how many I took, etc.  I do not want to confront my family either, and I don't want to tell my doctor, it's embarrassing.  I see that a lot of us are in the same boat.  I guess I am most concerned about the withdrawal symptoms and functioning without the euphoria, pain and extra energy.  Hope you do ok.
I was recently in the same mess, but I got started in a much different way............life is possible without drugs and it is a disease that you can recover from. I'm learning this as I write this.  I came very close to losing everything, which is alot and it is very scary, I understand. Hang in there.
I STARTED TAKING VICODIN 15 YEARS AGO, WITHIN 2 YEARS I WAS TAKING 40 A DAY, WITHIN 3 YEARS I WAS FALSIFYING SCRIPTS AND WITHIN 4 YEARS I WAS BEHIND BARS, THEN REHAB, THEN BEHIND BARS, THEN REHAB, WELL YOU GET THE PICTURE RIGHT?.....ETC..

IT GOES NO WHERE, THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED ME WAS THE METHADONE PROGRAM WHICH I HAVE BEEN ON F0R TWO YEARS NOW AND IT IS A MIRACLE...IT SAVED MY LIFE AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.  

HEY OUT THERE, THIS STUFF IS NO JOKE, STAY AWAY FROM IT, IT MIGHT SOUND CORNY BUT JUST SAY NO!
I know I have been very negative about Methadone Maintenance in general,however in your case it has probably saved your life.Stay on it for several years ,then taper off over a year and the nightmare may be over,who knows?.
i just encountered a man that was leaving his girlfriend because she was addicted to pain killers and drugs (i think this is the reason), he is also taking vicodin. i would suggest finding out WHAT is causing you all the pain.  for me i was OVERDOING it on the coffee and some other problems.  try another doctor and tell that you are not satisfied with the SIDE EFFECTS and addictiveness of this medication... try and replace it... i was using chocolate for awhile then cigarettes then chip and soda... things like that... hope this say's something to you. :0)
I just realized this was a year ago.  I'm interested in knowing, how are your doing now?  I hope that you got help because that stuff is really hard to get off of.  Let us know how you are.

Jane

I hope everyone is doing well.  Don't Give UP!  I went through Rehab about 15 years ago and life is wonderful without vicodin, valium and etc.  One of the things I don't understand is how do some of you get so many pills?  When I was doing it, I used 2 doctors, but they never gave me more than 30 pills at the time.  I didn't take as many of you, but I still went through hell getting off of them.  When you are addicted it doesn't matter if it is a small amount or large amount.  I'm glad I found all of you and I sure wish you the very best.  You can't let a day go by without working the program. I read lots of books, still go to meetings, and pray a lot.  I really don't have any regrets, because going through all the things I did, It makes me really appreciate life and never take anything for granted.  I hate the words drug addict, but I guess that is what I am.  I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Jane
Hi Sylvia,  I have been in trouble with the law a few good times because of addiction,  I did the rehab thing 10 years ago, 5 years later slapped with a bunch of felonies....I decided to get out of nursing...best move I ever made...When i started going to NA they constantly preached about the negative side of Methadone so of course I thought it was poison.  it was not until I came to this forum and read how Methadone has helped countless numbers of people I began to believe in it. Good luck it was nice hearing from you.....cindi
Wonderful, I am so glad to hear this.  You were up to 25 ES a day!  I thought I am bad.  How did your doc. handle this?  I would like this to happen too, but judging on the personality of my doctor he would laugh at me!  How did he cut you down from 25 ES a day? What did he say when you told him that amount?  Please respond as I am seeking help myself.  From articles I read and from so many other people, I truly think Vicodin addiction is an epidemic.  So easy unlike Heroin to snort or inject which is soooo taboo!  Just pop a few Vics and everything is OK.
  Would like help, please respond.
I really like Brian's comment on lying to yourself.  As with dealing with a Vicodin Addiction myself.  I find and admit here on this page that saying "OH, the pain is so bad"  may be 5% true, but anyone else with the same amount of pain would take an Asparin (aspirin).  With addiction to make it all feel better, lying to yourself is what keeps you going.  Justifying it all.  Trust me!  I do it myself.  In some ways Vicodins are just as addicting as Heroin or Morphine if not more, just on the fact that there is no complicated fixing and preperation involved.  With pills it's just pop and go.  I have dealt with both personaly.  I am not speaking on the level of friend or doctor who may know addiction and withdraw from a textbook.  Life is sometimes to be lived firsthand, not always to be read about.
Sounds like you need a meeting.  Since your drug of choice is a narcotic, I would suggest NA (Narcotics Anonymous) or if one's not available in your town, go to AA.  It's basically the same thing.  The meetings provide support of a model for living substance free.  They won't help you quit--that's up to you.  They WILL bend over backwards to help you live your life without drugs or alcohol.  Sorry I didn't read this until now--hope this helps.  AA saved my live six years ago!  I whole-heartedly recommend it!
I used to be addicted to speed for a number of years and know how it must feel to want to quite.  What worked for me was asking Jesus Christ to come into my heart because through him all things are possible.  You need divine intervention from God who can heal you from the inside out.  God knows how you are feeling and what you are going through, so all you have to do is let Jesus take control of your body, mind , spirt and soul and he will be able to guide you into becoming the new you. But it takes commitment on your part during your recovery and after so as you don't fall into temptation again. Yes, Vicodin has wonderful medical values, as I am on it for pain myself, but I am able to take less than the doctor has prescribed because God is able to help me do this.

Focus on Jesus who will guide your through this and set you free.

Hi there everyone.

Well, where to begin?  I am an addict and have been for about ten years now.  I went to rehab in '95 for "crank" (methamphetamine) cocaine and weed.  It was the best thing that i have ever done in my life.  Like others though, i relapsed.  It happened about nine months after i got out.  During those nine months though I was very involved in CA (cocaine anonymous) and felt that i was moving along great.  I had a good job and was living on my own and was finally happy.  But then it happened.  Relapse.  Two months after I did that, i joined th navy.  I figured a structured lifestyle, and some one to teach me the responsability i couldn't teach myself was in order.  Plus, they also give random urinalysis tests every month.  And knowing what happens to someone that gets kicked out of the military on drug use, I know i could never ever face my family again especially after what i went through the year before.  Not to mention you will never get a good job anywhere.  Well, i have been in the navy now for a little over five years and have not touched anything since.  Without a perscription.  And here lies the problem.  Three years ago I started getting sever headaches and nothing was taking them away.  Then the headaches stayed.  I have had the SAME headache for three years now.  Every minute of every day it is there.  Sometimes it gets to the point where i cannot see and start to cry it hurts so bad.  Well, i went to the doctor about three weeks after they started and he put me on vicodin.  I was taking 1-2 5/500's every time i got a really bad one.  and they seemed to start helping with the severe pain.  Then I started noticing the high effect and started taking them every day.  Well, i was only getting 30 tabs a month and was having to hit up my buddy that has a disability.  He and his mom between them get roughly 250 a month.  And his were better because they were the 7.5's.  Well, I still go to the doctor to get mine and when they run out i still hit him up.  but between me and him he runs out really quick too.  so I am up to taking 6-10 a day now and am getting ready to transfer to Puerto Rico for four years.  I really need to get off this damn drug because it is hurting not only me but my wife and daughter also.  I have done the cold turkey thing more than I can even count and stay clean for about 3-7 days or until one of us gets our scripts again.  But the withdrawls are the worst and I have a really hard time dealing with them.  My wife does not know how many i take aq day but she knows that I am on them.  I am so scared of what will happen to me if i go to my navy doctor and tell him that i have gotten addicted to these things.  that is why I think that doing it myself is the best bet but i cannot find anything to help me with the withdrawls that i can buy over the counter.  I need help and really would like to hear what EVERYONE has to say.  so if anyone is willing to lend me a hand, please reach out beacause i will gladly accept.  my e-mail is ***@**** and if anyone has antything to say please, please write.  God help us all through this.
Hi there everyone.

Hi there everyone.

I take a few a week in the evening.  Am I addicted?  I'm 46 and a single Mom.
To jojo4you and Vicodin - hydrocodone addicts everywhere:  If you're asking the question you probably already know.  Try to stop and see what happens.  If you're not addicted you won't have any problem.  If you experience withdrawal symptoms, cravings to use, etc. then you are addicted.

A few people can use drugs recreationally for years on an occasional basis.  When any mood-altering drug is used to get high on a regular basis, for those with a tendency towards addiction the use will escalate.  If you are not sure if you are addicted now, keep using and you probably will be.

I had a two year vicodin addiction, vicoprofin, narco, anything with hydrocodone in it.  Was a heroin addict in the 70's.  Many, if not most, people with opiate addictions - of any sort - have prior or will develop endorphin deficiency.  Which is why people like opiates in the first place - it makes them feel better.  But as dependency sets in, a vicious cycle is created which leads to using just to feel normal and be able to function.

There are many approaches to treating addiction, ranging from total abstinance (NA meetings or onging support essential - narcotic addiction creates ongoing cravings to use, and is one of the most difficult dependencies to recover from, which is why methadone maintenance exists:  many are simply never able to avoid relapse or maintain continued abstinance) to opiod agonist replacement therapy (methadone and buprenorphine).

Buprenorphine is probably a better choice for hydrocodone withdrawal, but unfortunately complex DEA regs have kept it off the market.  Should be available at addiction treatment centers in the next 6 months.  It is available in a few inpatient treatment centers.  You have to call around to find someplace that can do a buprenorphine (Buprenex) detox.  But a word of caution:  A buprenorphine detox is almost so easy and painless that you will be more likely to relapse.  A certain amount of withdrawal pain does wonders to ensure future abstinance.  But no detox protocol should be inhumane.  And to all out there who are addicts, rapid opiate detox under anesthesia (UROD or ROD), while being promoted by a few treatment centers, carries high risks and is an inadequate method of detoxing off of opiates.  See Methadone Today newsletter for horror stories about ROD at:

http://www.methadonetoday.org/

Methadone may be more suitable for "high tolerance" addicts - meaning heroin.  Vicodin is a relatively low tolerance opiate - the acetaminophen in it limits your intake - you'll get toxic from the acetaminophen (and damage your liver in the process, also your kidneys) if you take more than about 8 reg. strength Vicodin a day.  Even if you are taking 20 Vicodin a day, that is approximately equal to one bag of good quality heroin a day.  And there are a lot of heroin addicts taking 10 or more bags a day.  So a 20 Vicodin a day habit really is not considered a "heavy" habit - but the problem is that many Vicodin addicts get started on it for pain conditions, and have a very hard time with "cold-turkey" withdrawal.  If you can manage it, a slow taper can work - BUT only if you have someone to dole out the pills to you.  I tried it 4 times and could not successfully detox myself.

I have met many who have detoxed off of Vicodin 4 - 5 times and relapsed.  Any narcotic or opiate addiction leads to chronic opiate cravings when abstinent, and without some form of support to deal with the craving for opiates most (over 95%) will relapse.  NA is not the only approach, but is one of the most successful for those who can integrate a 12 step spiritutal growth process into their psyche and lives.  But some addicts simply cant.  If NA is not available in your area, try going to open AA meetings, and get and ready the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" - you can even order it from your local bookseller.  It is the basic recovery text on which the most successful treatment for addiction has been founded - one addict helping another.

However, some people are simply never able to stay clean from opiates no matter what they do, and methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) is something to consider.  But there are risks - if you find that methadone doesn't work for you (and it didn't for me, can cause serious side effects in a few individuals) it's one hell of a detox.  I detoxed off of 150 mg. of methadone and you will live in hell for 3 - 6 months afterward, and not be feel "normal" for a year.  You can taper off of methadone slowly (some can), but most who go on methadone stay on it for many years - perhaps their entire lives.  It is not something to consider lightly.  Anonther interesting consideration about methadone: if you are a hydrocodone addict it has been seen that statistically, hydrocodone addicts start on low doses of methadone, but end up increasing their dose rapidly and need higher stabilizing doses (over 150 mg in many cases).  And when you get to that level of methadone side effects become more apparent:  mental clouding, nodding out, memory problems, etc.

If you have any coexisting liver disease (Hepatitis C for example) or have damaged your liver by chronic use of the acetaminophen in Vicodin and other hydrocodone preparations (and if you take lots of Vicodin and drink alcohol you will really mess up your liver quickly) you may have problems with methadone metabolism as I did, and need to take it 2-3 times daily.  Methadone is metabolized by the liver, and liver damage causes some or many to be "fast metabolizers" - meaning you have to take methadone 2 -3 times daily.  Some methadone clinics wont do what is called "split dosing" - you have to take your whole dose at once, and it wont "hold" you for the 24 hour period it should.  You end up waking up sick every morning in withdrawal.  Can be a big problem.  Also, on methadone you have to go to a clinid 6 days a week in the beginning to get your medication, and methadone treatment is typically only available in larger metro areas (some states don't allow it entirely) - for more info on methadone treatment for addiction visit the National Association of Methadone Advocates [NAMA] web site at:

http://methadone.org/

Hope this is of help.
I've read everyones' comments and addictions and I'm very farmilar with withdraws and side effects. I wouldn't consider myself addicted, but my father. My father was in a tragic accident about 12 years ago and has been taking narcotics since. My father is what I'd call very, very slick. He can talk his way out of a situation like you wouldn't believe. You see I am the only family memeber that really know's his problem. Hell I've taken the drugs with him and even supplied him some. I too take a pill from time to time, but only for the buzz. Him on the other hand believes it's the pain. I'm no body to judge anyones pain, but when your taking 20 - 40 percocets a day....that's more than pain. I've wathed my father take so many pain killers that he'll acctually pass out. See things that aren't real like colored deer and the chineese invading his land and talk about paranoid. Anyway, he was sent to jail for 5 years. and went from a  150 lb. noodle to 250 of health and muscle. He's been out now for 4 years and is right back in the same mode taking hand fulls of pills everyday...o'except when he's out. Then he goes through some painfull withdraws and begs anyone he can for drugs, yes including me and in the past I could always help him through by getting him some. I wont do that any more. Hell I even smuggled pills to him in jail cause he begged so much. That's what I mean, he can really talk you into doing stuff for him.He's re married now and has a nice family. He doesn't really see clear enough that's he's about to loose it all again. His wife came to me yesterday and was very, very upset. She told me he was addicted to drugs, like I didn't know. She found out his problem one day when she looked in his truck and found a grocery bag full of empty pill bottles. He doesn't realize it, but she's been on to him since, watching everything he does. Seeing him pop pills like candy. I feel alot of guilt for knowing his problem and helping him feed it from time to time. I've come to him a number of times and asked him to cut back and only take what he needs. Well that gets me no where...like I said he can talk his way out of it and actually make me believe he needs them. I've tried using my son as influence to maybe make him stop taking so many...his ansewer is always the same. I'm taking less now than I use to. My father has tought me so many things over the passed 32 years, from riding my bike, hunting, camping, football, baseball...ect. ect. and I'd like him to be around to help me raise my son.Today I'm printing all these drug addiction statments and I'm going to have him read them, when he gets to mine, maybe he'll realise I do think he's a drug addict! and want him to get some help. Back to the part of loosing his family. When his wife was crying to me about his secret addiction, I was completly floored. The past 2 weeks My wife and I can see he's hitting rock bottom and have tried talking to him. Now his wife too sees the problem. He's down in weight again and looks like he's been throught he ringer. His other son came to me the other day and said for some reason he was thinking what it would be like without dad if he had died. He said he thought dad was doing drugs again. He remembers when he was alittle kid, dad always being passed out on the floor and always complaining about pain, just like he's doing now. My brothers 20 years old now and remembers when he was 10 like it was yesterday.Everyone around my father can see the problem and see it's killing him....WHY CAN'T HE? Or does he and just doesn't know what to do?
Shawn
Of course, your father can see what's going on "through the fog", he's having.  BUT, he has to choose to do something about it.  He's an addict and no one but him can make the choice to change.  If you read many of the postings on addicts, prescription narcotics, pain, etc. you'll see and understand that only he can make the change.

It's very hard.  I made a change after 14 years of opiate use, and still relapsed 3 yrs. later.  Read my postings.  I'm struggling now and everyone in this forum is so helpful and each and everyone has different ideas on how to succeed but, you can't succeed for him.  You have to "let go" and let him fall, as hard as it is.  He may need help, but he's got to ask for it, then you can help.

whitedove
Pam
Hi - you will not come right until you replace all the zinc/mag you have leached out of your body over the past few years - this is what 'hanging out' really is - it's your body craving zinc/mag (zinc stops cravings/magnesium stops depression). If you don't do this it will take up to 2 years to return to normal as the only other source your body has for zinc/mag is food and then it is in such tiny amounts it takes years to build up again. If you get a blood test done you will find your levels of both are way down on what they should be.

A typical tablet contains somthing like this:

Zinc amino acid chelate 75mg
Magnesium amino acis chelate 37.5mg
Vitamin B6 10mg
Manganese amino acid chelate 10mg
Viatmin A (1000I.U.) 300mcg

Grading your habit on a scale of 1-10 (1 being occasional use and 10 being long term methadone at 100 plus mg's a day) you should take the following amount for a period of one month then slowly reduce to a daily amount of 2-3 per day.

Habit scale/size - Number of tablets per day for a month

10 10
9 9
8 8
7 7
6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2 3
1 2
0 2

You will notice that I recommend you never go below 2 per day. This is because zinc/mag depletion was your original problem so you should give yourself an ongoing supplement to make sure it does not happen again. I now take 2-3 per day to maintain my health. I have had no failures with this treatment (everyone OK after less than a month) and have treated addictions (including my own) as varied as methadone and cigarettes. The cigarrete smoker reduced from 2 packs per day to just 5 cigarettes per day in a week without any discomfort. If you suffer any kind of 'hang out' just increase the zinc/mag dosage and give it a liitle longer to take effect (a week or so). Don't beleive all the bullshit about drug addiction you have heard - it's all **** - this is the real deal. The drugs themselves are not actually addictive but they do leach all the zinc/mag out of your body by increasing the metabolism of them creating a shortage that gets worse the longer you use unless you replace them while you are using in which case you don't hang out when you stop - you just come straight - this is true beleive me I have tried it as have a few other people I know and none of us sufferred any hang out when we stopped.

Great alias name!!!!  Thanks for your response.  I am now taking 5 Lortab (10 mg./500 tylenol); 4 xanax each day and 5 klonipin (klonopin).  So, if I understand you correctly, I need to replace the zinc and magnesium too, along with Vit. B6, B12, calcium, etc.  Right?  Now that you know where I am with the meds, what would you recommend?  I have purchased a bottle of calcium that includes magnesium and zinc. It has 400 mg of magnesium, 15mg of zinc and 1,000 of calcium.  I've heard that calcium helps your muscles relax and consequently, you sleep better.  Do you know anything about that?  Anyway, I would appreciate anymore specifics you have.  Thanks in advance. I look forward to your response.

whitedove
Pam
***@**** - feel free to write me here. My only concern is to get HEALTHY again.
Hi there:

I didn't hear back from you and just wondered if you saw my post to you.

whitedove
Pam
***@****
OK, where are you all??  I miss you.

how long does it generally take for the hydrocodone withdrawls to kick in?  I can go 24-48 hrs. without feeling too bad.  Does it get worse after 48 hrs. or shouldn't the withdrawls be peaking  at about that time?
Also, has anyone ever detoxed from hydrocodone by switiching to Ultram for a 3-4 days? I have some ultram and am considering it?

Any responses are greatly appreciated
thanks and Bless all of you
JTR
you may want to post your question in an earlier thread.  You will get more responses. ....they will be priceless, believe me, and I wouldn't want you to miss out on great advice.
Angelica is right  you may want to post in a place more people look    like a thread up above but to answer your question...usually about 4 to 10 hours after your lst dose depending on your useage....the w/d's set in.....abd after 48 to 72 hours again depending on your useage they start to subside somewhat...about 3 - 5 days for the process....and again yes,,,,ultram has been somewhat of a help so has darvocet.....post again and see what Thomas and the others have to say....good luck   love to all   cin
Please read my comments.  I am going back into the hospital today and I do so pray for HELP this time.  I don't know whether it will be on an intensive outpt. basis or an inpt. basis.  Please pray for me, everyone. Im sick. My hands are shaking, my heart is racing, palms are sweating, intense headache, etc. etc.  All the symptoms of withdrawal that I had hoped to overcome at home, after my last episode. This time, my ins. co. says I have to see my Dr. on an emergency basis and let him make the decision.  I agree.  This is causing too much tension, at home.  

I just wish I could have a different Dr.'s opinion.  This one is probably afraid of the trouble he might get in, for putting me on all these meds (i.e. Lortab, xanax, clonipin, clonidine (as tolerated), thorazene (as tolerated), and more.  It's just way too many meds for an addict that can't control herself.

Thank you.

Fondly,

whitedove2
Pam
Pam,, I am very concerned for you...I read your other post and did get a chance to respond...good luck    and keep us posted on how you are doing...my response to you is directly under your other post to me     love to all   cin
It's almost 2:00 in the morning and I have been going through Vicodin withdrawal for almost a week now.  I have diarrhea, nausea, cramps, and SLEEPLESSNESS.  The sleeplessness is the worst.  I started taking Vicodin 4 years ago for chronic degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine.  My doctor prescribes it readily.  I've told myself that I can stop whenever I want to...ha what a joke.  I decided to try going off the drug "cold turkey" and I've been through hell this week.  And the real kicker is I am the straightest person I know.  I don't drink, smoke or take drugs, well except for Vicodin that is.  It's nice to know that there are others like me who are trying to beat this monster.  I swear no matter how bad my pain is, I will never put another Vicodin table in my mouth.
################
I have asome questions about vicodin withdraw.  I have a family member who has been taking vicadin combined with valume for quite some time.  SHe entered into a rehab, but they released her after only 5 days b/c the insurance would no longer pay.  It has now been a total of @8 days, and she is still experiencing symptoms of withdraw - shaking, stomach problems, aches etc.  When should these symptoms start subsiding and she get back to not feeling soooo terrible?
I am a nurse that works with patients on a daily basis that are addicted to Vicoden and other narcotics.  These are elderly, people with disabilities, young and old alike.  I figured out a few years ago that Vicodin is extremely addictive and really does NOTHING for the pain except trick the mind/body into thinking that you are in MORE pain, not less.  This can happen as quickly as 3-5 days after starting it.  It is SO painful to watch and when I approach them and ask, "Why are you taking these narcotics months/years after a surgery, accident, etc.", they explain the pain is so horrible.  I've discovered that this is the TRICK of these drugs and I am starting a "grass roots" organization to legislate getting these drugs off the market.  I wouldn't let ANYONE I know be put one Vicodin for ANY reason because of the highly addictive nature.  I  wish all of you the best of luck on getting off these drugs.  Say a prayer, it will help.                    Wendy
vicodin has ruined my life! ive been taking them for two years now, i take anywere from 6 to 15 a day!! My family doesnt know about my addiction so i cant check in rehab, plus i am completely broke! I lost my job, i went into work that day and i was out of vicodin so i started getting anxious and a coworker gave me 6 somas, she told me just to take one, i felt so sick i took all of them, i was so gone that a client noticed and complained to my boss and i was let go...i left work not knowing what i was doing in hit a pole. I was also raped one time because i was soo high on vicodin and i was drinking heavily, You would think that would tell me to STOP! But it made me more depressed and i keep using. I dont even get high anymore i just take it to feel normal. I look around me at people and wonder how it feels to feel human again, i look at the vicodin in my hand before i pop them in and start crying thinking this is my life now..i lost a lot of freinds im moody to the people i love the most...today is my first day off and i feel so hollow and empty and sooooooo nervous my joints hurt my head is foggy, i dont think i can do this, im in a relationship and i finanny told him yesterday about my problem, i was soo scared of loosing him but he said he wants to help me, but i know if i cant get clean he will leave me.  I just need HELP!!! Its ruined my life, im only 25 but i feel so depressed all the time, like i dont wanna live, but dont take that the wrong way i would never take my life, i just feel like this feeling will never go away!!!!
PLEASE do whatever you have to do to stop taking pain meds!! My 29 year old little brother just died 3 weeks ago and my family is broken. My dad, mom, and sister (along with myself) are left to deal with the grief of never seeing him again. Trying to recover from this is unbelieveable for my family! PLEASE  IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR FAMILY...... DO NOT DO "THIS" TO THEM. IF YOU DON'T STOP FOR YOURSELF, STOP FOR YOUR FAMILY. He took a few pain pills for the last time and never woke back up. This is the first time for you to do the most unselfish thing in your life and that it to save yourself and your family from this nightmare! I wish he could have just go the help he needed and now his life is over at 29.......His 8 year old son will never see him again and now must go thru life without his own daddy, he will never laugh with me and give me his big hugs....my dad lost his fishing buddy....I can't even begin to tell you the lasting pain this will leave on your family if you die.  
I have been taking vicoden on a daily basis for almost 4 years now. I remeber how it started like it was yesterday. They used to give me the greatest feeling. Like nothing could stop me, I was on top of the world. Clean the house? No Problem. Go to the store? No Pronlem. Give your brother a ride to his friends? No Problem. You get the pointe, but back then I was excited to do anything and everything. Except sex of corse. I love sex, I mean I really love sex. All vicodins have done is ruin that for me too. I don't know about anyone else, but trying to *** on those things was like a lost cause. Don't get me wrong it still felt good, and I got really good at faking an orgamim inorder to not make my boyfriend feel like less than a man. But I dont want to fake it anymore! I want to enjoy sex the way I used to, I want to feel again and all I have done over the past 4 years is temporarily numb the pain .But... **** that! Bring the pain on, I'm ready. And the sex too please!
My tolorence is so high now tho that they hardly even work anymore. I used to take 1 or 2 and be boucing off the walls all day. Now I have to take 5 everymoring just to get myself out of bed. And another ten or so through out the day. That's about 30 to 45 bucks a day just on V's. Imagine all the nice things I could have from all that wasted money.
Ready for the WORST part...I broke myself. I've takin so many pills over too long of a period of time, and now I can't have babbies anymore. So please ask yourself...is it worth it?? absolutly not. I just urned 27 years old and I will never beable to give birth to a child because of my addiction.
So hear I am on day 2 of no vicodin, this isent the first time I've quit so I know I still have a few mose days tell I start to fell semi normal again. I just really hope I have the strengh to make this the last time I quit. I dont want to do this to myself anymore. There are so many things I want out of life and all vics are doing is stopping me from making them happen.
SO....MR WATSON I HAVE A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR YOU:
you may have destroyed my past, and totally ****** up my present, but as long as I can help it YOU HAVE NO CONTOL OVER MY FUTURE!

SINCERLY: Fallin Angel
please fill free to email me if you would like to talk, I know I could use an ear or two my self. ***@****
I need some help. I have been taking vicoden for a few years and know I am addicted to it. I haven't taking anything in about 18 hours and feel like dying. I don't have a great relationship with my doc and don't know how to approach this but for the sake of my family and my life I need to kick this. Anyone that can help please do I don't want this anymore    
I just quit vicodin cold turkey after a year and a half addiction. I was taking between 6-10 thousands a day.
It was w/o a doubt the hardest thing i have ever done.

Worth it??

OMG yes. Life is so beautiful and now that my body is no longer in a haze i can appreciate that
IF it's any correlation i lost the love of my life because of my problem.
There's no way she love me when i cant love myself first.

If any of you are struggling listen to me... just do it!. I let my family know and they supported me.
My thoughts are so clear and i feel SO good again. I feel strong. I feel confident. I feel reborn.
Be strong okay! You do the crime.. you do the time. you need to be positive and Every second you fight it, the closer you are to living again.

You will experience 4 terrible days believe me!
On top of that it took 9-10 days before i could sleep normal again.

i was taking 6-10 thousands a day But im on my 10th day off of it all and i literally am tearing up because i feel so good...

best decision i have ever made.
Be strong you can do it!

I am 45 years old and I have colapsed disk in my back, the pain is so bad and no wants to help me because I am on the medical card! I take vicodin the 10/1000 2 at a time and I take them every 6 to 8 hours. I buy them from someone I know sometimes because no one wants to give them to me.I try to always have them other wise I hurt so bad and I go threw withdrawls.that's what I am doing right now as I am writing to you! I have not had no medicin in 24 hours now, my back is killing me my legs are cramping, I get the chills so bad but yet I'm sweating something awful,my noes is running and I keep sneezing and I am getting the runs. I don't know what to do, it makes me feel like I would rather die then go threw this!how are you doing and where did you go and what am I sopposed to do about the pain if I can get off these!
I am addicted to Vicodin,Im hearing stories on here where people are talking 15-50 a day! I know it might sound stupid that I am addicted but I've been addicted for about 2 years now me and my fiance and we both take between 4-6 a day!  I know it may not sound like much but it feels like a lot! I can't go to rehab due to  work ! When I don't have any I get trembles and sweats! I just need to know if there is anything to get rid of them I've only taken one Vic in the last 2 days I feel I can do it if I just need to  get rid of the trembles! Is there anything I can do?
I am 44 year old male who had back surgery 2 years ago. My doctor prescribed 5/500 vic's. I have been taking 2 per day for 2 years an sometimes 3 depending on how I feel. I guess I can answer my own question an say YES. I can go a week with out taking the medication, but I have no energy an feel weak. Can someone point me in the right direction an help me get off this drug?