Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I need support!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I need support!

I'm not one too ask for help ; I'm usually the helper.. I think I'm about 4 days or 3 days sober. I took around 15 'lightning bugs' or hydros a day. PLUS anything else I could get my hands on.. I'm dying inside & out. The pain is unreal. :( HELP!
First of all...... WELCOME!  You will find a lot of supprt on here.... i am knew to this..... on day 3 (58.5hrs) of withdrawaling from tabs....... what r u currently trying? How long have u been on them?  The tabs, cuz i do not know what lightining bugs r.......

Keep strong and post
Hi and welcome. You have found the right place. I'm day 6 thanks to these good people here. The best news is that the worst is almost over days 3-5 are about the worst. Try hot baths or showers for pain. Imodium (immodium) Imodium (immodium) if you have it, or can get out to get it. Stay hydrated. Gatorade saved me. Boost or ensure if you can't eat. And keep posting! If you can't post read! The support is amazing. Good luck! Hang on you are so close!
welcome!!  congrats on wanting to get clean!!  i was taking 15+ Norco a day for many years....i found this site over 2 wks ago and believe me it saved me!!  so many good people on here for support and to ask questions to.....i am on day 17 clean....i truly believe in my heart i would not have gotten this far without the people on here.....and yes stay hydrated...if you can't eat at least drink gatorade .....maybe some soup.....boost, ensure, carnation instant breakfast.....and yes, hot hot baths saved me....so relaxing and if you can get epsom salt for the baths that helps to put magnesium back into your legs so RLS isn't so bad.....try and rest when you can and get up and walk around when you get to get blood flowing....good luck to you and keep posting!!  we are all here for you!!  
Taylor I'm day 5 after tapering . The brain fog lifts after the physical adjusts . 3 yrs on oxy and I quit because I was a slave to the drug to survive .    I'm glad u came here, keep coming , great friends who are in the same boat.  Stay course !!    Fo I work and do u have support ! Xoxo stay strong - Lynn
Hi and welcome to the forum
You aren't dying but you are probably at the worst of it.  It will pass soon.
I know I felt like I couldn't take it anymore but then it passed shortly after.
It will come in waves but they will pass and the waves will come further and further apart.
3 or 4 days is great and it sounds like you are almost there.
Keep hanging on.
Toothfairie has given you some great advice on things to do to help.
Keep posting.  We can help.
Welcome and congrats for deciding to get clean! It's a hard decision to make but it is sooooo worth it! I am on day 28 clean of fentanyl patches and feel almost normal again, actually better than normal! Toothfairie gave you the best advice, I would only add trying Benadryl for the mental discomfort or anxiety and melatonin for insomnia which will kick in soon if it hasn't already! You can do this! Post here often for encouragement if you feel ourself slipping! There is always someone online to respond quickly to your questions or to just chat if you are feeling like you are gonna slip! USE US WE LOVE IT! Lol Pat was correct too that you are probably getting the worst of it now and once you get past the "I'm dying" phase it DOES get easier! Good luck and best wishes!
thank you guys. I know I'm not the only one. It gives me hope reading about you guys & how long you've been able too be sober. I'm just not happy with my life. Never have I been happy. I know drugs take away the pain but not in reality. I know I have a big problem. It just seems harder too stop than too know that I'm addicted.