I need to Detox
I need to Detox off Fioricet again. Firtst time I was given Phenobarbital and was so allergic they had to rush me to the hospital!!
Every Detox I've called in the past few days tell me that the only way to detox?  Help
Hi and welcome. You don't have to go in patient to detox. You can detox using Fioricet.

The thing is,you need to begin to taper it slowly and over a long period of time. It's really the only way. You cannot cold turkey this!

It's better if you have help from someone who can hold the pills and dole them out to you on a schedule. It's even better if you have a doctor to give you a taper plan.

I took Fioricet for a very long time and at painfully high amounts toward the end. I tapered from about 20 pills a day down to two over 9 months. I jumped off at two and did fine. There was some lingering anxiety and mental stuff I had to go through. I absolutely loved the stuff and it loved me back...until it didn't anymore. I hope you never get to that point.  I also had a lot of help in the form of support and,of course,needed to change up everything I did on a daily basis. It was like a full time job!

I've been clean for 9 months and five days. I've never felt better and I'm happy...there really is a life after Fioricet.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.  Best of luck to you!
Hi, Thanks!! So you tapered for 9 months and clean now for 9 months? Just making sure I'm reading this right?
I can't wait for life after Fioricet!!  Family life is bad even though i've tried to explain, but i'm not getting anywhere!! I walk around the house like a ghost!!  Laid off too!! Probably just as well right now. Keep in touch thank you
Yes...you read it right. It took me 9 months to taper off. I dropped 2 pills per day for the first month,then 2 more the second the month,on and on....It was slow but much easier on me with plenty of time to adjust to each drop in dose.

How much are you taking? How long have you taken it?