Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I need to know

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I need to know

Hi, my name is Rob, I'm 16 and I live in switzerland. This past year I have started drinking more and more, even my friends who come out drinking with me keep accusing me of being an alcoholic and I keep denying it. However, I keep getting more worried as I cannot go through even one day without a drink. On weekdays i drink about 6 beers every day but during holidays and weekend i drink up to 7 litres (12 pints) and I don't know whether this is a serious problem or one that i should be able to control. Please let me know.
I had a boyfriend for 12 years who sounds like you. Yes, I'm sorry to tell you that you probably do have a problem. I'm familliar with alcohol addiction also because my mom and dad are alcoholics. That's why I stayed away from it. However, I'm addicted to vicodin. And xanax.
Let me ask you this? Do you drink for the feeling? Do you drink to excess? Do you drink when you are lonely..sad, etc?

ONLY YOU can say that you are an alcoholic. Look at the behavior associated with your style of drinking. Is it social? Or is is it to hide, or cover up a feeling...?

What do you think??
I think the question is when you drink can you stop? Every alcoholic I've known (I've worked in numerous bars and my parents are alcoholics) could not stop. The other thing is that you said your friend notice it. Another thing is you said you drink everyday. Why do you drink?
   At your rate of drinking yes it is a problem.  Ever do things your regret, black out go to an AA meeting listen to others and you'll say thats me I'm an alcoholic,  nasty drug that alcohol when abused the hangover is withdrawl (withdrawal) keeo going at that rate and you'll really be wired and probably dead.  Glad booze was never my problems  check out withdrawl (withdrawal) from alcohol the DTS not a pretty sight.
I dont know what the age limit is in switzerland, but at your age you shouldnt be drinking at all. Not to play the mommy role but wow, that's young. At least you have come to your senses to realize that your drinking is starting to get outta control. Seems how you realize that, stop while your ahead. play some sports at school, involve your self in something instead of drinking. and like most have said hear, go attend an AA meeting.
Drinking age for all of Europe is 16 for beer and wine 18 for liquor, but, most bars serve and dont card so if you look older you can drink very early . It was very strane being in the bar in germany with 16 year olds, I felt like a fosil LOL
Well drinking just started off as a social thing but then a few months ago I was quite stressed out from some personal problems and started drinking alone which I guess is where it started as I now I always drink if I'm lonely or even just bored.
aaawwwhhh sweetie...this makes me sad :(

i am the mother of three sons...in various stages of addiction and recovery.  i can tell you this...THIS IS NOT A ROAD YOU WANT TO TRAVEL.  i am glad that you are questioning your addiction and seeking advice.

sounds like you are well on your way to not being able to turn back.  talk to your parents...be honest with them.  you might be surprised at the love and support that will be shown.  do not be afraid...talk to them.

big hugs being sent your way,
kim