Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I now see what you mean

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I now see what you mean

Anyone who has read my posts know I take a lot of pain meds and have had a problem with my wife taking hers too fast and asking me to help her with mine and this past month taking some without asking.Well I didn't have enough MS Contin to make it through the month and have had to take extra percocet 10s,well here it is 2amand I just had the worst panic attack Ive ever had,I don't know the ms to percocet ratio and was sure I overdosed on the percs,I had went to bed and all of a sudden it hit me trouble breathing,seeing weird **** when I closed my eyes,etc.I have since calmed myself down and came here to get my mind off of it.I don't know if it was withdrawls from not taking the morphine or what,but I now get it why everyone wants to quit these things,that was one of the scariest things Ive ever gone through,I was seconds away from calling 911.I know the morphine lasts 12 or so hrs and thought the percs were 4 to 6 hrs and now of course I'm afraid to take anymore percocet.Just needed to talk about it .Thanks.
i'm so sorry sweetheart... hang in there, ok??
are u okay?  panic attacksare just awful, try to somehow (talk to your doctor about this) get them under control, and know that even though you feel like you might die...you wont..but i have heard that if you have panic attacks and you dont try to get them under control (either with medication,therapy)  they can get worse because of the simple fear of having a panic attack...can actually cause a panic attack...i suffer from them also...so i dont leave my house in fear of embarrassing myself in front of people (again) by having another panic attack in public, so i stay home. i'm working on thatone, i just wanted you to know your not alone...but if you can find your trigger to the panic (it can be a smell, a memory, something that you see not knowing what it is doing to your mind...it can be anything) and when the panic starts...let it go...if you try to stop it...it will just be worse and may last longer...i am learning alot about panic and anxiety in therapy...i hope this helps
I am sorry about the panic attack.  I have been treated for  them for 14 years and only, now, while I am detoxing have had them again after having them under control.  

They are horrific and yes, you need to get them addressed if they do not go away or if you have another one.  

Mine escalated to complete agoraphobia because you do get afraid of the attack and the fear causes a panic attack, an ugly, vicious cycle.

Best wishes
Karen

I can relate to the wife taking the meds..though my situation was not nearly as severe as yours, but
very frustrating.  I'm off them now (day 4 anyway) and she's going to have to be on her own..She DOES need them..she has legitimate pain, but occasionally blows through hers too quickly.

I don't know what I would do in your shoes JACE..I've read several of your posts.  I wish I could tell you what to do.  Do you have anti anxiety meds?  

BG
Can you describe the attacks?   I've had some similar sounding things on certain meds (I think) like seeing things with my eyes closed, imagining things that aren't happening, just my mind going and going and going with no way to stop it, no way to rest.  I've never had the MS Contin, but I have taken the percs before and have never had any issues with them...When you say you may have taken too much of that, how much mg wise are you talking about?  Don't mean to be nosy, but I'd like to contribute if I can.