Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I used crack cocaine off and on durring the first trimester im so scare...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I used crack cocaine off and on durring the first trimester im so scared please help me!!!

I'm 14 weeks pregnant I used crack cocaine here and there then i found out I was pregnant I stopped and started back up around 10 weeks until recently.  I was selfish and there is no good enough reason for this to have been going on but I was in a very violent rtelationship and severle depressed with an addiction issue in my past been clean 3 years. My abuser brought it in the home and its been hard to get away from it.  i have been praying for help and i feel somewhat strnger. I went to my 12 week appointment for birth defects i seen the baby heart 156 said baby was perfect. all blood work came back great..but they dont know about the drug abuse. I feel like a loser im scared to talk to the doctor about it. i dont want to bring a baby in the world with problems. I dont want to get an abortion if the baby could live a happy normal life. i dont want to tell the doctor because i have a 5 year old i just got back not to long ago. i have been doing so good until i got into a very bad rrealtionship. im smart im not dumb and i feel like a complete loser i dont know what to do. im sick and tired of layng in bed feeling bad for myself crying and hgoping my baby is ok. someone please talk to me. i have nobody to talk to about this. everyone in my family is a mess up.  
i have been looking online for information but its not helping me,
You need to talk doctor he has to know about your use .It is what is for the best baby and you have to put the baby first.I know its scary but it needs to be done .
Hi & Welcome,

You need to get honest with your OBGYN so they can test and monitor you. They will not do anything to you if you are honest but if they find out once you deliver and you have not come clean, there could be consequences.

Have you stopped using now and are you out of that relationship? If not, you know that you need to do that for you and your unborn child. It's about the both of you now and you have the choice to leave.

It is quiet tonight but please stick around and talk to the members here. It is a great place for support.
I hope and pray you have the strength to avoid using anything at all for the rest of this pregnancy and the rest of your life. It is really hard to say what could have happened in the babies development but what you do know is you can't change it if anything has happened. You stand an OK chance at a healthy baby because you have now stopped. Please try to find the strength to tell your doctor. I overdosed at 14weeks with my son on valium... a suicide attempt. I can't tell you how many I took. It was a whole bottle. My husband was putting me through pure hell like I had never experienced before and I couldn't take it anymore. He found me hours later and called poison control but didn't take me in to the hospital. I finally asked to be put in the psych ward..just a guise to be away from my husband. Long story short I didn't use anything again for the rest of the pregnancy and my son was healthy and perfect. My mother works with babies who are born early/unhealthy due to these kinda things and more often it is mothers who didn't stop using that landed their babies in her unit. I hope you plan to leave this guy. There are women's shelters that would be happy to take you in if you don't have family. Your baby doesn't deserve all of these ups and downs from its parents.  Best of luck to you and your children. May God protect them!
Do your baby a HUGE favor and be up front about your drug use...ALL OF IT.
It is only fair to her/him.You'll be doing your 5 yrs old a favor, also.
yes i have stopped using and stopped smoking ciggs. kicked the ******* out as well.
i just felt the baby move for the first time like 2 hrs ago. I really hope everything is ok. I feel like **** and so sad and i caused this. I will talk to my doctor im just scared i do not want child services in my life. my mind is clear i feel im on the right path now. but i have to do the right thing...everyone is telling me to get an abortion but when i think of killing this baby it hurts me but how could i let this stupi addiction get me now while pregnant. i just want to cry all day. i hate what i have done. is abortion even possible now. i dont think so im 14 weeks. i dont want to but if there is a problem i would have to
That is good that you have stopped the use and got rid of the guy you were with. You still need to tell the doc so that he can take proper steps to ensure a safe. Delivery and proper care for your baby. I work with the mentally handicap and I see daily what drugs can do. Sorry to sound cruel but it is a cold hard fact. Stay off the drugs for yourself and your children. Good luck and God bless!!
Glad your going to talk to your dr and just tell him what you told us. Im also happy to hear you stopped, but you know damn well the hold this drug has on us, I have been there and the cravings are crazy. We need help, I know I did. Please keep us updated,  your children deserve a clean Mommy and you don't have to live like this. Make the right choice and STAY clean. Best of luck, we are here for support.
I'm so proud of myself today. the devil drug was right there and i could have had it. i chose to go home and lay down and watch a movie with my son. the person that had it is not allowed in my house she suppose to be a friend and knows im trying to stay away....but im glad i was strong enough not to do it. its only the 1st time but its a damn start that stuff is so poweful... well the damage is already done so im still in the same boat. im just glad my mind is clear.
good job on not using today. please get into support groups na,aa. pray. go to church.you need support. please talk to your doctor soon. you dexerve a better life and your children need you.
god bless,
debbie
dont be selfish
I wouldnt let that so called friend in the house ever again.  I am glad you resisted temptation today.  That was a good thing.  

Talk with your doctor........
I am in your same boat right now about 9 weeks pregnant and smoked crack almost every day of my pregnancy.  I have offically quit today and I might be thinking about an abortion because I do not think I can live with seeing my child being deformed or mentally disabled...knowing I have done that.  I am writing you because I want to know your outcome?  did baby come out ok?  you?  Please Help me!
First of all I've been there. But with pain pills. I was 33 weeks pregnant or so and slipped up for a week. Oh I cannot tell u how terrible I felt. I fount this board and they gave me the courage to do the right thing and come clean to my dr. I stopped using and have a very healthy baby girl. If only I had kept up on my sobriety. Now I'm on methadone and awaiting my detox. All I can tell you is please come clean to your ob. They are the ONLY ones who an help u. That baby needs what's best for them. And please stop using! If u need to talk ill be around.
Just saw this was an old post. Hope all is well
I am in the same boat as well. I have been addicted to crack for five years now and am in my second month of pregnancy i am  terrified that this evil drug will show up in my babies system... I have been clean for one week now. It is so hard and no one understands that even though I know this drug is harmful to me and my baby if i was around it i dont trust myself to not do it. THIS IS A SICKNESS!!!! I was hoping for an answer from someone if I stop now by the grace of God will my baby be born clean?  
how did you do it?  quit I mean? I have been hooked for a while and am now 15 weeks and really wanna quit... scared it will hurt the baby