Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
IM ADDICTED AND PREGNANT

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

IM ADDICTED AND PREGNANT

HELLO IM GOING ON 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AN HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO PAIN PILL AND BASICLLY ANYTHING THAT WILL GET ME HIGH OR TAKE MY KIND OFF THE STRESS I AM SO SCARED SOMETHING WILL BE WRONG WITH MY BABY I HAVENT BEEN SEEING A OBGYN BECAUSE IM SCARED THEY WILL FIND IT IN MY SYSTEM AND WILL TAKE MY OTHER CHILDREN IM A GREAT MOTHER I TAKE CARE OF ALL OF MY RESPOSIBILLTYS AS A MOTHER SHOULD I JUST CANT STOP TAKING PILLS I HAVE GREAT DEAL OF DEPPRESSION AND THE PILLS TAKE IT AWAY HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN MY SITUATION IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR BABY WAS HEALTHY AND WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO STOP I REALLY REALLY WANT TO STOP AND IT WOULD FEEL GREAT TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS SUCH A PROBLEM THANKS
You need to get REAL honest and REAL fast. This site is "non-judgemental" so i amgoing to put this light. You are SO putting your baby atrisk. Doctors UNDERSTAND addiction--they are trained to deal with it--even when it comes to pragnacy. They WILL know when you have that baby that you have been using--thats when they will take your kids, you need to either 1) (not recommended by me because i feel its to late to put your body through the stress of a c/t) --cold turkey--give it time to get out your system and START going and seeing the obgyn
2) I recommend that you go staright to the doctor and tell them what you are going through--they are not going to take your kids-they will be willing to help you. The only thing not telling them now is going to do is take away all the options when you delever a baby that is in w/ds--they will have to report it to the department of child care--if you//with the help of a doctor get clean now, that whole situation can be avoided. You sound smart enough, your here asking for help--please do the rite thing and go to your doctor and get help. Good Luck, Lee
If you would post on the substance abuse side of the forum and not the social you will get many more responses. Most people tend to hang out on that forum, not so much here on the social side.
Here's the link in case you have problems finding it.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/show/77
Being a great mom means we put our kids before ourselves and our fears TELL YOUR DOCTOR ASAP if you are honest your doctor will work with you to get you clean doctors and dss do not want to tear families apart but they do have to make sure you unborn baby is being care for if you choose to conceal this from your doctor and when you go into labor when they drug test you and the baby then they will have to call dss . so continue to be the best mother you can and put you unborn baby first .
I had a girlfriend once that was pregnant...( not mine, she was pregnant when we got together ) anyway, she was addicted to pills very badly... she was never without... when i finally convinced her to stop she tried cold turkey.... at 3 am she woke me up and said something was wrong... rushed her to the e.r. and they said she had an infection and they would have to deliver the baby right then... apparently, she never felt the pains she should of been feeling because if the pills... the baby was born very, very small and weak... they almost took the baby away from her and the kid was in the hospital for amonth before they'd let her take her home.... you have really got to avoid this!  speak with your doctor...... God bless you and your child
Hi, your not the only one. Im preg  nd im about 6 months too nd addicted to pills called perks it makes me high, i use my nose. Idk what to do im scared to talk to someone and thats why i google this nd find this. I need help too or someone to talk to me.