Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'M WITHDRAWLING FROM NORCO AND XANAX DOES ANYTHING HELP.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been taking norco 10mgs 8times a day and Xanax 1mg three times a day. I ran out of both medications 10 days early and now i'm starting to feel the effects.I wish I didnt get on them in the first place but i really do need them for pain and anxiety. What should i do for those ten days till i get them filled. I also need somm advice on how to get my prescriptions cheaper I pay 200dollars a month for my meds. THats like financing a dam car. So if anyone can give me advice please do.
Opiate withdrawal although uncomfortable and painful is not an immediate health threat.
Benzo withdrawal (xanax), from what i've read and heard here on the forum, should not be stopped quickly like that.  Try to get some clonidine or just come clean with your dr. and ask for some more xanax.  If you don't want to tell your dr. then at least ask for more xanax.  It isn't really looked at as being addictive so I doubt that the doc will be suspicious,

Can you describe your symptoms of withdrawal?
It's bad running out of both at the same time. Opiates are hard to w/d from some times, but not really dangerous. The xanax is a benzo and should never be stopped abruptly. It can cause seizures and worse. I'm not sure how long you've been taking it, but your dr. needs to know you don't have any.

I wish you will and hopefully you will be ok but really consider seeing a dr. tomorrow about the xanax w/d.

Take Care.....LS
I suggest you ask for some clonidine from your doctor... it works well for WD symptoms.

Use this site to do research using the search engine on top... There are lots of people here that have been through exactly what you are going through and can help a lot....
I thought I needed Xanax too.  I was having panic attacks, major anxiety.  The funny thing is when I stop the opiates no more panic attacks.  I would check with your doc and see if there is another way besides opiates to manage your pain.  And what you are going through right now will continue to happen - with opiates we need more and more for the same affect.  They are not the best long term solution or any solution in my opinion.  They are way too addicting.  

Good luck to you!

Shelby
PS, Clonidine is a blood pressure medication and is also prescribed to aleaviate withdrawal symptoms from opiates...

Doctors are hearing about troubles with pain meds more and more and are willing to help you if you go in and be honest with them about everything... including the lack of funds... they might even have samples of certaing meds you can take?

Welcome to the forum.  I am glad to see new people come on board and learn about the dangers of these meds.... consider yourself blessed to have not gone the the heights some of us has.... I have heard of people taking upwards to 100 pills a day.... At your level you wont have the kind of problems that some of us had..... A doctor once told me that he knew someone that was taking 40 pills a day and I asked how that was possible and he said "they just get used to it."   Please do yourself a favor and don't get used to it.  Learn from this site to respect your body and run from these meds if you can.
Best
Fish
go to the doctor or ask yours to give you more the withdrawal side effects are not worth it for benzos that is. If you want to have a terrible time until you can fill up later. The xanax can minimize some of the pain and could help you get off norcos if youre determined to do so. Norcos are not as hard to get off of it would be more if you wanted to because you will experience pain bad pain and that will make you want to give in. Xanax or benzo are terrible to get off of because it is both mental and physical side effects.
this thread is 3 years old.  None of those people are here anymore.  FYI