Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ice Addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ice Addiction

what can I do to stop my ice addiction , immediately
Congrats on deciding to quit! It's not easy but you CAN do! You will have to cut all ties with your sources for sure! Change your playground as they say. Someone will be along shortly with more information than I about ice. Don't give up! Hang in there! How long have you been using?
Ice, the crystal form of methamphetamine is very toxic to the nervious system. It depletes nutrients and blows out adrenals and epinephrin/norepinephrine. The actually withdrawal is not very intense, but waiting for your chemistry to balance out again takes some time. In addition to the above, I would get to an NA meeting. Get vitamins, minerals, and amino acid complex. Make sure you drink lots of water and move around as much as you can. It's been years since I sold isopropalmethamphetamine, but I remember quitting. I think meetings daily would help keep your mind motivated to wait out the healing process. It will be hard to feel motivated or enthusiastic, but it will be worth it. Get lots of phone numbers and call as many times a day as you need. that stuff will kill you, so I'm glad you're getting away from it. The change of friends and culture are hard, but necessary. You will lose interest in those people, places, and things eventually. Get involved in some kind of support, if NA is not your thing, go anyway, for now. Find a counselor to help you find out how you got where you are and how to not go there ever again.
Hi and welcome! I don't have any experience with ice but I just wanted to give you some support in your decision to stop using. Your life will become more beautiful and precious as you work your way through your clean days. Weaver gave you some great advice and I really hope you choose to begin the recovery process. Please stick around...this forum is full of support!