Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'm FREEEE!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I'm FREEEE!!!!

hi Everyone,

Just a quick update....I am free and sober from those evil pills. I beat them!!! It took a full 4 days to be able to get out of my bed...but I am alive and well!! To be honest I have never suffered as much as I did over the past few days, but I can't tell you how happy I am!!
We need a counter, for people like you who have done it, made it, and are living happier now. Congratulations........sorry, how about CONGRATULATIONS :-)

This is huge, this means you are along with others who have to suffer, but are DOING it.

KEEP GOING
Oh yeah thats great news. You got through the most difficult time now is the decision making part. Keep it up make wise decisions. It is always nice to hear this news.
Congrats on your clean time!!  Just know that the hard part will start now.  Arm yourself with recovery care.  It will be a huge plus.  Keep moving forward.         sara
HI Congrats on your first 4 days im with Sara 100% on getting some form of aftercare going on as soon as you can the mind will play tricks on you the detox is the ez part now starts the work you can live a good life in recovery but its going to take some work on your part just know it wirth it in the end I wish you all the best in your recovery good luck and God bless....Gnarly
Congrats from me too!  I say this all the time - but I LOVE these kinds of posts.

And everyone's right - aftercare aftercare aftercare!  :)  stay strong!
Congrats! I am on day 3 and LOVE TO SEE THAT OTHERS ARE MAKING IT!! It is the most difficult thing I have ever done, twice. God willing, there will never be a third!!
Can't wait to be where you are......:)))
Way to go!! That is outstanding!!! I'm so happy to see you doing so well it's nice to see the happy stories to inspire those who are so low. Way to go!
thanks so much everyone! I do still get cravings every now and again, espically first thing in the morning when I was so used too popping a few perks and being able to get my day started fast....but i'm working through those cravings. I have never been happier to have so much of my own money in the bank because I was paying 5$ a perk, and taking up to 20-25 a day. I go back to work today and I feel so proud of myself that I am sober!!!! To me, my aftercare is looking at my kids and husband knowing that I have taken that horrible evil out of my house. In 2 days i'm going to be a week sober and my body id finally starting to feel normal again. I can laugh and smile and its the best feeling knowing that its just me....not a pill making me happy!!!!