Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'm back

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I'm back

Hey guys just checking in...the family meeting was great actually...my mom has settled down alot we were able to talk with my sister mediating lol.....my dad acted as my lawyer  lol....and my brother was the jailor....and my mom the judge....lol...it was in fact something i needed i just didnt know it.....my dad is actually thinking about doing something in the church like maybe free drug counseling etc....because i hope u guys dont mind but i let them get on this site and read my posts and of course everyone else's...they just didn't realize what an epidemic this is....they do now...I'm still clean....doing great and actually feeling pretty good and very confident today knowing my family is there for me......priceless....my mom also kept my girls for the weekend which gave me and the hubby some very needed "quality" time lol......he is also doing great.....his personality has improved so much or maybe it;s just me comming out of the fog......i love u guys.....god bless  
Glad to hear all went well.  I knew it would and am happy that you've found additions to your support group.  Love and Strength to you and yours!
I'm so proud of you, you and your husband both are doing so well.  How long was it before you were feeling better?  I'm on Day 5, although if you read my post below, I had some cough syrup with some codiene in it.  I don't think it was a lot, but an opiate all the same.  I still feel pretty rotten,, can't eat, and can't keep anything down.
Anyway enough about me.   I've been reading your posts all along this weekend and think it's just amazing what you have been through with your family.  It would be so awesome if all families could be that honest with each other.  I know it started pretty rough, but sounds like it ended well for everyone.  Keep up the good work, you have been such an inspiration to me to do this myself.
Lauren
i replied to your post hope it helps...I'm proud of u too my friend this is tough..im not gonna lie to u..i had days that i was almost suicidal but with my husbands support i made it through....for me it was like day 10 or 11 before i could actually "function" but ive had some bad days after that also..i still sweat liek crazy at night....still have some sleepless nights...im not to encouraging huh lol....this has been the hardest thing ive ever done in my life....i lost a baby in august 2006 and i'm just now dealing with the emotions from that i guess i was numb at the time....my family is great my mom reminds me so much of sally fields its not even funny lol.....i read all your posts too and u have come a long way....oxy's r bad....i wih i had  nver saw one...worst mistake i ever made.....i still crave liek crazy too sometimes i can taste them (i snorted mine) in my throat and im like mmm mmm mmm....so that part sux...but im hanging in there..hows the husband? hope u feel better soon...big ol hug....love ya god bless  
your right it is X oxy...lol..i nee d to change my name huh...thanks for your support and advice throughout my whole ordeal it is greatly appreciated..love ya god bless
You are more than welcome to any advice and all the support I have to offer.  I apologize if I seemed pushy when answering your post on this subject last week.  I fit into my family like socks on a rooster, and envy those who have a true family right at their fingertips.  Never underestimate what your family can tolerate and help with.  More times than not they will love you past your pain.  
socks on a rooster  lmao....u r so funny....no u werent pushy i thought u were honest and that is what i needed if it hadnt been for u i probably woudnt have went honestly so thanks.....i am thankful for my family they just scare me sometimes  lol....my mom still thinks its her fault like she did something wrong and she didnt....i tried to tell her she didnt but i can understand why she feels that way i have 2 girls and i would wonder about that myself if god forbid they were addicted to something.....but i would also go thru hell and high water to help them...they also told me they would pay for rehab if i felt i needed to go.....which im doing fine at home i think....but its good to know they will go that far for me.....this has just brought us closer just like u said so again thank you michael....love u god bless...btw u have me to talk to anytime u want im here.....    
You are right. So many of our loved ones have no idea how many people suffer with this and most in silence. I'm glad to hear your hubby is doing well also.

Dove
No one knows or can understand an addict, like an addict....

I am sure your family loves you and cares about you a great deal. Just please be proud of YOU, as we, your forum family, are so very proud of you also...

xoxo, Lisa