Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'm finally going to get help with this addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Well I've been taking pain meds for a year now thats when I had my first surgery. Well I tried to stop taking the pills on my own but I cant. I called a place today that is covered by my insurance. I will have to be there for 5 to 7 days to detox. I'm so tired of depending on these pain pills. I know I am going to have allot of back pain and hip pain but I'm going to find another way to deal with it. I don't want to depend of pain medication anymore. I hate the way my life has been changed because of these. I live in fear of running out before my next script I had a taste of W/D back in January and it was horrible. I want to have a clear head I feel like I've been in a cloud for a year. I want my life back.
Wow. Good for u on realizing u have a problem with them after a year. When We take them all we r is an empty shell. No emotions. We don't need them to run our lives.

After detox do u plan on going to meetings or get any aftercare? Its very important. I refused it for a long time and thought I could do it on my own. Always gave in to more pills. I could only white knuckle sobriety for so long. The meetings is where I found a ton of people like myself who have found  whole other way to live n a freedom.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Ur not alone anymore.

Stronger than yesterday.
Yes I plan on getting aftercare. You know I do admit I enjoyed the numb feeling and not dealing with my my emotions but not anymore. I want to get clean and get help with dealing with everything.The place I'm going to have pain pill anonymous groups and I plan on going and whatever else they offer. I check in on Tuesday afternoon so I'm really looking forward to it.
Daisy you made a great decision reaching out for some help. Congrats on taking the first step in getting your life back! You're right- the pills change you and leave you empty. Best of luck...let us know when you go and always remember we are here for you!

Ps- I second the aftercare advice that ang mentioned above!
Thank you both. I will let you know how it goes.
Hi I just wanted to give you some support too...God be with you..This Journey was not meant to be walked alone...So you keep it up..Support is where it is at....Come back here too...You can share your experience to help the next addicted person...I wish you well...
vickie
Addiction/Dependency didn't happen over night it can't be cured over night if you want your life back from the relentless unforgiving demon you will need Strength, Courage, and Determination!!! Look to GOD for Strength, Jesus,for Courage, and the Holy Spirit 0:) for Determination. The spirit is within you,and the power is yours =0)

Strength From Above. . .

jimi (lil wing =0)
Thank you Vickie and Jimi