Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'm jumping Friday

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I'm jumping Friday

Just wanted to say it out loud. After work I'm taking one pill work Friday morning that's it done. I have zero obligations for the new year weekend on purpose. I'll try to make it where I have five full days off of work and be back on the sixth day for two days and then off for two more. I am also going to try to suffer a bit Thursday and Friday this week at work so I don't have that big of a jump come Friday night. My usage is not that terribly high right now so I just have to quit being a ***** about it. If I feel like I'm not going to be able to do it I really believe I am going to drive my self to the hospital or somewhere where they have to strap my *** down to make me get through it.
I guess that's all I wanted to say. If there are any crazy typos I blame it on Siri I am driving she's taking notation :)
That's what I did. I started going thru wd on my last day at work. I was only off for the next day but I was able to go back to work. I wasn't very productive but I made it. Congrats on your decision! Just stick to it.
So Saturday will be day one. I will pray for you...
There's a book called "I'll quit tomorrow".  Of course it's written by an addict that always promised that to himself.  I truly hope you can keep this new commitment to yourself when Friday arrives.  Also, hope you are addressing not only the pills, but the iv H use too.  When you get clean....gotta do it ALL the way cause as you know.. we can't be just a little pregnant anymore than we can be just a little bit of an addict.  From looking at your profile page, looks like you already know that and have been down this road before, so I'll be prayin that you will be able to make new choices this time and succeed.  Wishing you the best~
You can do it.  I don't care what your profile says or how many times you have been through it.  You are ready when you are ready.  You obviously want it or you wouldn't be here.
I hope and pray this is your time to quit and start your new life.
I am done with the IV stuff starting today. No use having to drop 2 things at once Friday.
It will be about 50-60 mg oxy come Friday. Right now it's 30mg perc and the one daily IV. But yes Friday is the day