Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I'm on day 2 ahhhhhgghh

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I'm on day 2 ahhhhhgghh

I'm having a very hard time right now cause I'm working and this is not something easy to hide. Maybe the fact that I'm sick already with a cold and sore throat helps. Sure wish I had something yo make my throat feel better
Oh, I so understand working and dealing with wd! I admire you for doing it on day 2. I went back to work on day 4 and on a break I did a Google search and found this site. I post from my phone and every chance I got I was on here. Still am, four months later. :)

You are one tough cookie! Keep up the good work. We'll help you get through it.
Oh, and for your throat, something with honey in it works great. I use Riccola (I'm not sure I spelled that right). There is also a honey and lemon mix that you put in hot water that you can try when you get home. It may be TheraFlu, but I get the generic at the Dollar General Market.

I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and Vitamin Water, Powerade, and Gatorade are excellent for hydration.
I'm not sure how to do anything but work. I can't loose my Job so have no choice in the matter. But I'm struggling big time big time
Just shows how strong you are. I could barely move on Day 2. Well I moved a lot to the bathroom.;) I hope you can get some rest after your shift is over. It was thoughts of being able to rest later and lots of reading and posting here that kept me going.
I work in the medical field and I'm just noticing people who r all doped up o. Pills al day here and its like is that what I looked like. Like I said sorta glad I don't feel good to boot I can mask the truth
I have never worked in the medical field but I have heard that a lot of people who do are on lots of stuff. I guess it is because they can get it pretty easily. Also, if you have addictive tendencies it would be hard to resist. Like being in the kitchen and not sampling the food.

You are doing great so far. Already you seem to have a clarity of the things going on around you that you didn't have before. Just keep going. Soon it will be lunch time, then just a while longer and it will be over and you will have made it!
Ahhhh and then the dreaded nights with sweating and no sleep ..... so much to look forward to
Oh yeah, I remember that! If you can this evening, try to pamper yourself. Do you have some movies or shows you've been meaning to watch? I had a lot of stuff on the DVR that I watched and deleted. I also wrapped up in a quilt and sipped some herbal tea with lemon and honey and a peppermint stick in it. For the first few days I ate broth, crackers, and toast. That was all I could handle but it was something.

Yes ..... but still need sleep cause I do need to work. Got a good nights last night thanks to some Xanax hopefully it helps tonight. I'm gonna try and run myself out by the time I'm tired my body will actually want sleep.  They say the more exercise the better it realeases good stuff to help fix ur head
Exercise definitely helps. I walk 2 to 4 miles a day, plus do all of my PT exercises. The first three days was rough for me. You are doing awesome if you can get some exercise in. You've got the right attitude!
My legs hurt sooooooooo much
Wow your tough! I'm also in health care as a CNA. For the legs try potassium pills, bananas n such. Good luck! I'll e returning to work soon and I'm still tapering so I'll be back with WDS too:(
Well, depending on timezone anyway, it should be close to lunch. Is there anything that seems appetizing to you? Maybe a light soup, and if you can sit outside in the sunshine and enjoy the weather. It is close to 70 here and the sun is shining. Things are blooming all over the place. I am pulling for you and believe you will make it :) For the sore legs, eat some bananas and a soak in Epsom salts will help.
I tried to taper many many times for me I always wanted more and moreand more. Then the wds till you can get more and repeat cycle. I honestly believe u can go through anything ur put ur mind through. I'm not saying cause I'm having an easy go cause I'm sure as all hell in some bad shape. I actually think I will b nominated for an Oscar for best actress. Lol
Congrats on making it into work!! I couldn't have on day 2. Which is a bit ironic, cos I sure showed up under the influence of the pills often enough... Anyway, keep it up. You sound really strong-willed & I admire that!
Well I don't feel that great now after eating but I didn't eat Much. Didn't want to.
And the Oscar goes to... ;)

At least you ate something. I had to eat very light, like soups, crackers, fruits. I took a bag of trail mix with nuts, raisins, and coconut and other dried fruit to work and would eat a pinch of it every now and then. Lol, that bag lasted me a while. Normally I would scarf that stuff up.

Getting close to done for the day, now! You are freaking amazing :D
On my way home from work ...... yeahhhhhhhh me. It's the night I fear now
You made it! What a great feeling! I really admire you. That took a lot of strength and not very many people can do it. I know the nights are bad. At least one you get that walk done you can curl up and baby yourself. Some of the herb tea with lemon and honey and a peppermint stick (maybe even a dash of whiskey... what we call a toddy) along with a heating pad and comfy quilt and watch some old favorite shows, or read if you can concentrate. You are really inspiring and I can tell you've got the spunk to beat this. Way to go!
You may want to stop and get some Valerian root. That helps me to relax in the evening. If you get the drugstore brand it isn't very expensive.
Hey......I know you are felling pretty crappy by now....you've been here before...right?? I've certainly been there myself....recently....I'm on my 8th day here and things are looking up!!!  Whatever you do don't let your fear of the WD process interrupt your battle to get clean....YOU CAN DO IT..!!....stay strong and don't fight the fear.....try to just "go with it" and not struggle with it......I'm telling you 8 days feels pretty good..!!!....stick around and keep posting and everyone here will do what we can to help you get through it.....someone on here told me early on to just Stay in the Moment.....good advice......peace...

n8tiv_ndn
Congrats on being strong enough to work through it, I went back after a long weekend, like everyone says it's so worth  it. I'm at day 19 and my sleep and toilet runs are coming back to normal. I went for about 6 days with little or no sleep then my wife finally gave me enough ambien for a couple of nights. I couldn't find anything to help me sleep, hot hot showers or bath really helped me with the aches and pains. It seems like everyday drags on but it really does get better you have to tough it out.
I've been doing the same as you, about same length an everything.... Going to school while detoxing *****, so i know what it's like to do.... We can do it though, let's battle this demon together... One day at a time... Sometimes seconds sitting in class feel like days, when my legs are going crazy.... Hang in there, we're gonna kill it!
Good attitude, whenever you think you got it bad someone else has been through worse, I had to run a business, work, manage 3 employees and talk with customers, then come home at night and deal with home life, and no one even knows I was going through detox, just had to dig deep down and tell myself I want to be normal again not a fiend. Stay positive
I'm impressed by the will power.  I'm on day 1 right now, I'm super motivated and I had to clear my entire schedule until Monday.  No way I could consider working tomorrow.  I'm off Wed-sunday and am hoping I can handle work Monday.  Using the Thomas recipe slightly modified.  Tonight I will be taking Valerian Root, Melatonin and Ativan at bedtime...Hoping for some sleep.
You guys are all doing great! I love the way we all encourage each other and motivate each other to keep going. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you :)
I'm getting ready to sit and watch a show or 2 or 3 I played a little wii before Michael Jackson dance. Sweated my *** off felt good. Now I'm gonna hot shower Xanax it up and pray for sleep
Hope you sleep well!
Sounds like you're ready, The best advice I got was don't get overwhelmed, I got really anxious, And started living for the minute, hour, day, the first week drags on because of lack of sleep etc. Just keep telling yourself
It's only a week or 2 of feeling like crap.
Hey, get some Hyland's leg cramps with quinine or some tonic water for the leg cramps.  Also, add apple juice and a potassium pill.  Magnesium will help the legs too.  I had horrible cramps, so I tried everything.  These are the things that helped mine.  They ached so bad I was ready to cut them off!!!  And this stuff I listed saved me during detox.  Wal Mart or whatever chain store you have close will have all of it.  The magnesium comes in a supplement called cal-mag-zinc.  It is a LOT of help!  The hylands can be found at the same place, near the vitamins or pain relief products.  It has quinine in it and that will basically stop the cramps alltogether!!!
Hope tomorrow is better for you!  : )