Intro
Just want to say this forum has supplied some motivation to my decision to get off my pain pills. Again. Since 2004 I have been on hydrocodone for pain as a result of injuries sustained from combat. I know the addiction has made me a different person and I want myself! So in a few days upon receiving my new script I will begin my taper and undoubtably seek support here.
Thank you for all your sharing. I can't wait to get this beat.
Where did you deploy to? I spent a year in Iraq and a year in Afghanistan.
Thank you so much for your service. Congratulations on making the tough decision. Keep posting and you will get all kinds if support and encouragement. If you haven't already, check out the Thomas recipe at the bottom right of this page. It will help thru your taper too. Looking forward to your progress!
just wanted to give my support....you are doing a great thing....wanting your life back!  just keep posting here.....this site is an awesome place for support and info....we can help you thru it...we want you to succeed!  

and a big thank you for your service!  
I think youre making the right choice in taking your life back! We will be here for you when your ready to start your taper and for any support you may need!! :)

I also want to thank you for your service! From someone who grew up in a military family, I know the sacrifices you have made!
Welcome Kombat, and I also thank you for your service to our country! How much are you taking per day? I think tapering is a good thing, and it will make it easier on you overall! I hope you will stay with us and keep posting! You will find lots of great advice and support here! Take care!