Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Introducing the Community Leader Program, and 2 Community Leaders

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

We're very pleased to announce the launch of our new Community Leader program. As MedHelp has grown in both number of members and the number of communities we have, the needs of these communities has also grown. Our Pregnancy communities would like to see different features than our Ovarian Cancer community. Out of this need, we came up with the Community Leader program.

A Community Leader will be a MedHelp member who will act like an ambassador to MedHelp, helping to communicate the feedback from the community as well as help us communicate back to the community from MedHelp. When we launch new features, like the Notes feature today, they will be able to help out with any questions. In addition to helping MedHelp, they will also be working with their community to help it grow, by welcoming new members, bringing up suggestions, etc. As always, anyone is still welcome to contact MedHelp directly. We love hearing from our members and it's a big part of what has made the site what it is today.

One thing to note, Community Leaders, will not be replacing the MedHelp moderators currently monitoring the site, however, the Leaders will be able to help if there is an issue and work with our moderators to address it. The Leaders are not working for MedHelp, they are still members, but ones that have taken on some added responsibility.

We're extremely excited about this program, and we're pleased to announce that we already have two Community Leaders for the Addiction communities.  Please join us in welcoming FLAddict as the first Community Leader and avisg as the Co-Community Leader for these communities. As many of you know, the Addiction communities were the very first place we tried this out, and FLAddict was a big help back then. As I mentioned about though, originally, in the Addiction Communities it was more moderation help. The program has evolved, and we've added more moderator staff internally, so this is much more of an ambassador kind of role. FLAddict and avisg have both been dedicated members to these communities and we're excited they both have agreed to be a Community Leader

We're looking forward to working with them and you, to continue improving the experience in this community. The Addiction communities have grown a lot over the past year, and is one of the successes we're especially proud of here at MedHelp. We feel strongly this will help us continue to grow and improve in this area.

MedHelp
If anyone needs help with anything Plz let myself or FLaddict know. We will do our best to help .If we run across something we cant figure out we will talk to med help.We both love this forum .It has help me in my recovery very much .....
avis
My email is messed up...like in a different format and having a problem figuring it out....glad u will be helping us and I am not sure that is something u can fix!  the forum is a great help for many...great place to be a part of
We will try and go easy on you both for the first couple days.  (but you know us ...we can only behave for so long).  Congrat's to both of you !   Hugs   Mary
hahahahahahahaha
WOOHOO!!! Congrats on you rnew positions!!!
You guys wills be leading us now...just  dont' lead us ASTRAY!!!!  LOL  :)"
That is one I think med help will have to help you with .If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you should see where it says  "contact  med help " let them know they will email you back .  When FL see the post she may know something else that can be done .....  
what 2 wonderful examplaratory people to lead us =)
(did i spell that right? it doesnt look right to me darn it. When is Medhelp gonna launch a spell checker program so we can spell better? LOL  (this coming from someone who loves to read and write and has wrote tons of stories...sometimes i just cant think to spell though, sigh)
anyways there I go rambling on and on again , SORRY!! congrats to you two ladies!!
I'm glad I'm on your good side, Avisg........lol.  At least I think I am..........:-)   Look at you with your Ambassador Star...........You go girl.  Not something I would want to do, but you and Fladdict are the most neutral people I have known out here.  Med help couldn't have made a better choice.  Imagine me as a moderator...........whoooooooooooo

SCARY THOUGHT OR WHAT?

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Congratz to you both ! Im sure that you will both bring so much more than you already have to the forum! Just wanted to stop in here and tell you that ! great job

<3 Lexi
LMAO .............................. thank you ............ Your ten dollar check is in the mail.....
thank you ...... :) I am glad to see you have settled right in to the community.....
Im trying there are a few that have shown me around , and im a member of a mommy baby site also and the format is sort of the same =) From what I have read everyone here loves you and you will be a wonderful Leader =)

<3 Lexi
Congrats to the both of you. I think the two of you will be great..
I know the both of you have been so helpful to me...

Thanks from my the bottom of my heart...
LadyBoop..
yippee for avis and fladdict!!!!! you guys were already so important to the forum, it is the natural choice.  look forward to butting heads with you.  lol you know better!!!!
Way to go girls. Now you can officially what you have kinda done all along.LOL
Congrats to Avis and Fladdict!!!!   love u girls!!  ok can u do something about the note thing on the side????
HUGS,
r2r
See Steph...told you what can happen in 9 months !!! - I think it fits you perfectly...I always thought you should have applied for a permanent job with medhelp a while ago!

Fladdict and avisg....both of you are AWSOME!

Love,
Todd
XOXO
You guys are so great and will be wonderful in your roles as community leaders.
I think you forgot 0 and a decimal point.......:-)~~~I'll be watching the mail.  With that, maybe I can get half a tank of gas..........lol.

Nauty............
Congrads to both of you. You will make good ammbassadors. You both have been so involved in the medhelp support group the past year, and are both neutral, but not affraid to be assertive. If you have some tough love to pass on you don't hesitate, and its always with the best of intenions. Good job ladies. All you have had to offer has not been in vain. Its been from the heart. My hat goes off to you both.   Cathy/lonote
Both of you are so awesome...Fladdict, u seem as though u r a legend in these parts and avisg is always available to those who need help...good team u 2 will make
Thanks for the warm wishes. Since i have been doing this job since April of last year its nice to finally have a title and to have it known throughout the community.  And its a pleasure to have Avisg on board  as my sidekick. Whatever you need don't hesitate to shoot me an email.
Im am so happy!!! Medhelp couldnt have picked better people.
(((((HUG)))))

Love Jenna
Wow...what a difference a day makes.  They couldn't have chosen to better people to take this responsibility on!  You ladies are the best in my book! You truly have the insight and goodheartedness that it takes to help people here and not get roped into drama!  Wish I could say the same for myself and others here!!!LOL

Congrats and I always look forward to your posts!
Peace,
Marcie:)
I really love medhelp and have only been on it for a week or so. I haven't had any prob. and for the most part everyones really positive it's an amazing thing thank you sooo much and keep up the great work
Only been here 18 days, but you have both helped me. Thank You and Good Luck...
thank you , this is such a great forum
Hey !  When do I get a purple hippie flower next to my name?????lol
LOL that is so people know who we are ...... we are the purple hippy chics
Congrats!  I don't get on here as much as I'd like, but you seem like one great lady....you were the first one to encourage me and I still think about your story and how far you came when I get down.  Keep it up!
thank you that really touched me .......
Oh, I know who you are.......You can run, but you can't hide, chicky.........lol
I like the purple swirly. when they told me there was gonna be an icon beside our name I was a bit scared of what it would be.. but i dig it.
You two look good in your purple swirly gigs. Congratulations.
I'm bowing....congrats!
Thank you both for taking on the added responsibility. Since I have been on this forum you have both been there to help and guide us.

Dove
I am about 2 years clean and I love it.I pray for everyone going through addiction, and recovering from it. Evoryone stay up.!! Life is worth living!!