Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is Robaxin Addicting?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is Robaxin Addicting?

I just detoxed off a 140-160mg a day addiction to oxycontin.  It has been 10 days since I took my last opiate.  I am still suffering from leg and shoulder cramps.  I have a bottle of Robaxin that was prescribed to me before my detox.  My question is whether Robaxin is addictive?  And would it be wise or unwise to use it for the cramps that currently bother me?
Hey 1Day. I don't know anything about Robaxin. I do know that I drank TONS of fluids when I was going through OC w/d. I couldn't eat much, but I drank tons of water, juices, and that green "superfood" stuff. I never really cramped up at all.
I just got a thank you.  You answer my posts everytime.  I have really appreciated the advice you have offered.  The last thing I want to do is to start taking another pill that's going to get me in trouble.  I have heard that I need to drink a ton but thanks for reiterating that.  Your comments have been greatly appreciated.  My legs and shoulders cramped so bad last night that I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep because of it.  When you're operating on about 31/2 hrs. of sleep and you're fighting being lethargic because of the detox and the clonodine patch I'm wearing until Friday it makes for a pretty rough day.  Thanks for taking time.
Can u e-mail me plz?
thx,
suzie
***@****
I remember that clonodine patch. I put on two of them and walked into walls for a week or so. I'd stand up and fall right back down. It definitely does help with anxiety however.

If you are getting 3-1/2 hours a night, that's actually a good sign. I slept maybe 6 hours in the first 3 weeks, and ended up in ER. Fortunately, I wasn't working then and just grew roots on my futon and watched the history channel all day. I wouldn't leave the house at all, my girlfriend got me food. I'd walk the dog and get 10 yards and turn around. My neighbors looked at me in disbelief. They must have thought I was on LSD or something.

Sounds like you are right on schedule, right where you are supposed to be. Get out as much as you can, and surround yourself with others in recovery if you can.
Robaxin is not addicting.  It is muscle relaxant like flexeril. It is not schedualed and is not fun.
Thank you all for the information.  Hellbent, you sound like you had it a lot worse than me.  However, I can definitely relate to trying to take the dog for a walk.  I have three that I used to exercise twice daily.  I've driven them to the park to exercise on several occassions since getting out of detox.  I can barely move.  I just kind of stick around by the car, walk in a 15 foot half circle and play retrieve games.  Damn stairs are hard.  It seemed like my first couple days out I saw real improvement.  The past 3 days however, I have seemed to have plateaued (sp?).  Kind of discouraging.  It doesn't make me want to use.  I just don't seem to be improving.  I think for the time being I will still try to avoid the Robaxin.  I just didn't like that little bit of information warning the recovering addict.  Thanks to all again.
I emailed you at hotmail. I was wondering if you got it yet.

Thanks, Tracy
You can get my personal e-mail from Staraven..she has it..tell her I said it was ok to give it to you or if she see's this post she'll know

The information you posted about Robaxin appears to be copyrighted information and I had to remove it.

Cindy
Med Help International
You'll sooner get relief from Robaxin from smoking a great dane ****. Esecially when it comes to WD! Robaxin and pseudo-placebo drugs like Paraphon forte are listed in the PDR as being "of questional, i.e., unproven value as therapeutic agents. Yet they allow them to sell them. Unless the doc is prescribing to a toddle, being written for Robaxin or Paraphon forte is your doctors way of saying, "I don't believe you're in pain and I'm not about to give you anything effective. Instead, I'll push some meds functionally no more effective than blackboard chalk on you just to get you out of my examining room. And if you call back tomorrow complaining about pain, then I'll call in a handful of Darvocets. Robaxin and Paraphon Forte are for chumps. It's the doctors way of calling you and wimp and a liar without enunciating the words. Quite honstly, I long, hot bath beats the **** out of all the Robaxin in the world. If you really need a muscle relaxant, you need a benzo like Ativan or, better, Valium. Sorry.

Thomas
This is my first time here.I hope I am in the right spot for a question.If not everyone has my apolagies in advance.I have been getting high for 5 years.pain killers is where I started.Right now drug of choice is methadone.A friend of mine gets 60 methadone wafers a month.I buy everyone shes got.So in all actuality,I pay her mortgage every month.me,and my husband are both scared to death to quit,and scared to continue.I think If it wasn't for my kids I would of put a gun to my head a long time ago.I called docs to get help,but nobody will talk to me with no insurance.I am from the west palm beach area in florida.Does anyone have any suggestions?I wrote down the recipe.I want to detox at home.I have a 9 year old,and a 20 month old.So a rehab is not an option.Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi - I'm sorry I can't help you on the methadone question, but I wanted to advise you to read all of the posts you can on this forum.  Many posters, much more experienced than I can answer your questions.  There's all kind of methadone posts here.  From what I can gather, methadone withdrawals are nothing short of hell, which is why I recommend you reading as much as you can.  Good luck, Lisabet
Dear Friend, I felt compelled to respond to you. It is wonderful that you are a mother. We would move mountains for our children. Please do not be afraid of getting off methadone. Although I took dolphines a few times (many years ago) I didn't continue and just "yawned" my way out of it. I have been close with a few people that were on high doses of methadone at clinics and took meth for years and years. Each one of them got off without a glitch! They tapered very, very slowly. They really didn't have
much of a withdrawl (withdrawal). One girl said she had some body aches and knee pains ... but that was after she stopped altogether. She took perscription motrin and hot baths and it just faded away. Don't panic. I'm sure someone on this board can give you a slow tapering schedule to follow. Start taking control. Your family means the world to you. There is help that is confidential. I just think "cold turkey" is punishing yourself. You and your husband could be treated (advised) by a doctor. As far as all the druggie behavior .... the 12 step meetings could change your life. Once you really see it for what it is ... it will not have the same power over you. But that is the "head" part that you need to work on. As far as the physical part ... please do not just "quit". You can't be in that condition with a baby. I can't remember, but I think they cut a tiny bit every 10 days. Be patient and God be with you ..... ***@****
Hello - I'll bet if you really searched, you could find a methadone clinic that will take you without insurance.  Some clinics have a sliding scale payment option.  Since you are taking methadone, a methadone clinic makes sense to me.  They can put you on a tapering schedule, which you can't mess up because you would have to go get your dose every day...no take homes.  

I'm curious, you've been using for five years, which means you were using when you have your youngest child?  There was a thread on here talking about methadone use while pregnant.  Were there any effects on your baby...did you manage to stop while you were pregnant?  Like mentioned in this thread I'm talking about, methadone is what is usually prescribed for pregnant women who are opiate addicts.

A tapering schedule would be the least painful way for you to quit, but you can go the cold-turkey route as well.  Try to check out some clinics in your area.  There is a clinic that uses Buprenex to detox people in the Ft. Lauderdale area too.  I don't think I'm supposed to post the address, but if you post your email address, I'll send you the info.
Thats okay,  I understand.  Is it alright to quote reactions to meds from reasearch websites on meds?

Thanks,
Suze
In my post that was removed I read that people that are prone to addiction should be very careful when taking it.  I'm not the doctor,.It just said that people that have a history of drug abuse or dependence should speak to their doctor before taking it. IT also said that Robaxin may produce mild physicial withdrawal symptom, but is not a drug that people regularly abuse. (that post is in my own words from what I read)  Hopefully this one will not be removed.  I took Robaxin for my pain ( Spinal pain) when I was withdrawing. IT was the worse withdrawal I had gone through with the three I have previously gone through. It last long after my Roxabin was gone, so maybe, just maybe it was prolonged by my robaxin use. I did not feel completely myself until the thirtieth day of withdrawal and I don't think that was normal. My other withdrawals only took about seven or eight days and i was back to normal.
Suze

Just wanted to say that I loved your post above on Robaxin.  You sure do have a way with words. :) To the point! Thats a good thing!
I've been on Methadone from the clinics (go in once a month) for over 10 years.  This is day 18 for me off the meth and I feel pretty good.  From 40mg a day, my taper was as follows:
Day 1 through Day 6 was cut by 5mg a day down to 10mg.  From that point, it went down 1mg per day to zero.  I really didn't feel too bad till I got to 10mg a day.  Then, it was only a minor case of fatigue.  The symptoms I felt stayed the same all the way down to 3mg.  Then, the fatigue became a lot worse, but stayed the same all the way to zero.  One day after my last dose of 1mg, I thought I had it made because the WD was tolerable. Uncomfortable, but very tolerable.  Then after 24 hours past, I crashed.  No sleep for 3 days and very fatigued.  I started on the Thomas Recipe and found lots of help here. Hot showers helped relieve the fatigue for very short periods of time, but it was worth it to take 3 or 4 a day to me.  With the leg trembles, bananas worked for me.
  I would strongly suggest that you do NOT go cold turkey.  While unlike benzos, the WD from methadone won't kill you but you'll feel like it would be a viable option.  I STRONGLY suggest seeing a doctor before going below 10mg. Start the Thomas Recipe now.  If you find a doctor willing to help you, more than likely he or she will give you clonidine and something to help you sleep.  You're gonna need both.
After Zero, what can you expect?  Well... obviously, it is different with each person.  I can only tell you want it was for me.  The first week is pure hell.  The second week is less severe, but I found myself wondering if my fatigue would ever let up.  Now, I am working on my third week away from methadone and can tell you that I am starting to engage in life again and am starting to feel much better.  The fatigue is S L O W L Y going away.
You will not feel like doing any exercise during the first week.  But regardless, mid week, try to force yourself to get up and walk.  Even if it is 100 feet, then back.  While it was real hard to get up and move, I can tell you that with the Thomas Recipe on board and pushing myself to exercise daily, you WILL feel better sooner.  IMHO, just laying there telling myself how terrible I felt was the worst thing I did.  I just told myself that if I am going to feel crappy, I may as well work toward the goal of getting outta this hell hole I put myself into.
For some reason, I gained strength in the knowledge that others who helped me here.  Just the knowledge of knowing someone else has been there and done that, then came out good was enough for me to drive to the goal they've achieved.  You are NOT alone in your quest.  Just keep telling yourself that "This too shall pass."  The goal you desire IS within reach of your limits.  It's up to you...

All the best,
Mike
I sent you an email at hotmail and didn't know if you received it. Also LizzyM said it was ok for you to give me her email.
Let me know if you recieved it.

Thanks,  Tracy
Here is my email if you'd like to talk.
***@****
I will e-mail you my e-mail..also, I just left you a post from yesterday..so it's in yesterday's forum.
You picked a drug that is one of the hardest to withdraw from. The way I see it you have 3 options. 1) Cold turkey, you will be in hell for about 2-3 months 2) SLOW detox this may not be too bad if you drop no more than 2 mg a week. 3) Detox using bupenorphine.  This is the route I would take. The literature says that it will take about 3 weeks to detox. It is expensive.
I wrote my post before I read Maraposa's. She said the exact same thing I am said.  Here is the link to the detox she spoke of

http://www.center4painrelief.com/

If anything goes wrong, remember it is all her fault. :)
Congrats on day 18!!  I was in the hospital for detox when you apparently were going through your worst time but your positive messages have been a source of strength for me over the past week.  Today is my day 11.  Yesterday was an awful one for me.  I woke up in the middle of the night and the old restless leg kept me from going back to sleep.  It made for a long, tiring day.  It got me pretty discouraged because I felt like I had no improvement for the past three days.  Today, however, I do feel better.  I have SLIGHTLY more strength but I'll take it!!  I can't believe how hard stairs are for me.  I have to pause once I reach the top just to regroup.  I went to an outpatient meeting last night with a very mixed group of addicts.  I strongly recommend getting together with other addicts as an essential part of recovery.  They can not only encourage you but also teach you the pitfalls to avoid relapsing.  When I first got out of detox I had a really bad additude about the meetings.  Now I am converted.

Thanks to all for your imput on Robaxin.  Thomas02, thanks for the insight.  The cramping is getting better and I downed 5 bananas yesterday.  I think I would have the potential to take to many so I have decided to take none.

To InHell, I agree with the posts above that unless you can go into a hospital for a detox then you need to taper.  Could turkey off methadone could be very nasty.  Tapering requires a ton of self discipline (which I never had).  Going into a clinic may be your best bet.  You've taken the very important first step--wanting to quit.  Good luck on taking the next step--starting to quit.  You can do it.  Post or read the post here daily.  They will provide you with a lot of strength.  I lurked here for months before finally saying "enough."  This is a fantastic place to get you in the frame of mind to quit.
Where are you?  Are you coming back?
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE here who has helped me and given me support and advice..Methman, Bodymechanic, Rex1, southernbelle, starraven, Michael, Thomas  etc..sorry if I have left anyone out.  All of your support helped me get through the toughest time of my life.  If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have realized that I had an addiction to the Hydro's again.  I was offered Hydro's from my Doc and I acutally declined!  I was sure that I did not want to go back to square one and go through withdrawals again.  I found a new Doc since mine does not seem to understand what I am going through and keeps shooting me up with Stadol.  THis new doc realized that my migraines were starting from the pain I have with Endometriosis which in turn caused me to stress and cause my neck to be in knots.  He DID NOT put me on a Naracotic or even suggest it.  He is evening seeng me Saturday morning since I cannot get a babysitter until then.  Anyway, he did put me on Flexiril just until I see him.  My knot in the neck was gone within a hour and I had that pain for 2 weeks!  Does anyone know anything about Flexiril?  I only took one last night and he said I could take up to 3 pills until I see him this SAT..he only prescribed ten pills.  Any information on Flexiril would be appreciated.  Thanks everyone for always being here!
Hey - how long does it take for Xanax to exit your system?  Oh by the way update for everyone - I have left the company I was with, the suit is over and let's put it this way, I'm retired at 28 !  Thanks for all your support
I don't know how long it takes to exit your system, but you need to be careful.  Try to lower your doses day by day.  I am on Ambien just for the past week and I tapered off by cutting the pills in half.  My mom took Zanax for a year because of stress, and when the stress had stopped, she stopped taking the zanax with no help, cold turkey and had no problem.  But, a counselor told me that people can die from withdrawals from Zanax..given I don't know if this is true,.but I was on Diapizam which is considered the same thing, and I just stopped taking it after a few months..felt I didn't really need it anymore.  I had no side affects or withdrawals but everyone is different.  How offen where you taking it?  How much?  For how long?  I hope this helps a little.  
Congratulations on your suit..I have no idea what the suit was but obviously it must have been a good thing since you are retiring at the age of 28..good for you!  That is awesome.
Congratuations on your retirement...that must be an incredible feeling!
Hey!!!
WOW!!!! The fourm sure has progressed! And I see so many new names! I'm still clean! I have to check my calendar to remeber how long. Wow. Bmac, still going strong??? Pixi??? I think I should start posting again. I missed you guys!!!

Stay cool!
Festertool
I checked my email and haven't received it yet. It's ***@****. That's a zero at the end. Just wondering why it hasn't showed up yet. As for Flereril, I have been taking them for about 6 months. I take 3 a day. They are a centrally acting muscle relaxer. They can make you somewhat sleepy and are good for controling muscle pain and spasms. They are probablt helping to relieve some of the tension that is causing the migraines. I had migraines for about 6 months after I had a hysterectomy and found out they were due to my estrogen medication I was on. Just curious if you are on any hormones or birth control pills, as these can cause severe migraines.

Try emailing me again and I'll let you know if I get it.

Thanks, Tracy
LOL..I left the 0 out of your name!  Sorry.I will try again.  I am not on any hormones or birth control..etc..  Just Zoloft for a year now, Trazadone and the Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) that I ttok last night which helped ALLOT.  I stopped taking Ambien for sleep cause I think they may have been causing the headaches or adding to them??  My headache is gone, but the sore neck just started again and the tension in my shoulders.  I just took one an hour agao..the Flexeril.  ANyway..I will send you my e-mail right now
Oh, and by the way..I am suppose to get a hysterectomy because I have Endometrisis..but the Doc said I had some time before I have to do it.  My sister thinks that my hormones from the Endometriosis is causing the Migraines/bad headaches.  I also get cysts on my ovaries that don't go away on their own.  So, If I have the hysterectomy my ovaries have to be removed also..that is why I wimped out of the surgery.  I just e-mailed you..
As you know I was on Vicodin for endometreosis. I then started abusing it and eventully became dependent. I was taking vicodin ES 7/750. I would take between 8 and 10 a day for the past year. My new doctor is now weaning me off of it. I discussed w/ her about lowering my dosage by 1 pill every 5 days so the withdrawal symptoms would be more tolerable. Well, this past Monday I went in for my appointment and she said she wanted to start me off on 6 regular strengh vicodins a day for 5 days then lower it to 5 and so on. I went from taking 56 mg of hydrocodone down to 30 mg to start. So far this week was horrible. I started feeling the withdrawal symptoms so badly.  I decided to call my doc and let her know how I was feeling. She said she would go ahead and up my dose to the vicodin 7/750 and I will take 7 a day for the next five days. Then she'll lower it to 6 vic's ES for 5 days and so on. I am so happy my doctor did this because I heard this was the best way to go. I am feeling so much better now too. Anyways my question is have any of you been able to get off vicodin doing it this way? When I am down to 1 tablet a day, is it going to be horrible? Or will I be pretty much used to it since I weaned off slowly. Well, I think what the doctor is doing is considered being weaned off slowly.  I am very comfident that I will be able to get off of this shi*, but the withdrawal symptoms are what scares me to death. I've also started counciling at a drug and alcohol rehab and I'm going to a NA meeting on Sunday. Does this help? My doc just recently started me on Ativan 2 mg for the anxiety and to help w/ sleeping. It's really not doing me any good though. If anyone has gone through this experience and lived LOL please let me know.
Sorry I mostly ask questions, but don't give any advice on the board. I'm going to change that. I've just been a basket case this last week. Thank you.  
Love to all and God Bless.
Pink
I could never taper off the Hydros...I was taking the 10's.  I didn't have enough will-power to stick to the taper.  Are you doing it alone, or do you have someone holding them for you?  I think if you can actually stay with your schedule, you won't feel much pain at the end.  I don't think anyone escapes without any symptoms though...you might have some of the depression that usually accompanies coming off opiates.  

For a lot of people (and myself), it's the after care that really matters.  I can deal with the physical agony, but I can't deal with the depression.  The lack of motivation and energy gets to me too.  I have supportive family and friends, and without them, I'd still be taking 20 pill a day.  I am sure of it.

Good luck...
hi....i dunno if im doing this right...but......anyway....ive been on 105 mg of methadone a day for heroin addiction treatment and to help with a chronic pain problem....ive been on this dose for 14 months....iam facing losing my benefits that fund my treatment in approx.60 days....im going to ask the dr to reduce my dose by 10 mg. a week for my remaining 8 weeks.....my question is.....if the fun truely starts at 5 mgs or less....would i be better off going down faster at first?....say 15 mg a week....then tapering the closer i get to 1mg.???...dealing with the recurring chronic pain will be a seperate hell ill need to face...ive copied down the recipes and am going to see a dr. about clonidine...thanks to you guys....and i admire those who have already been thru this...
Mariposa is right..I think you will get some form of depression no matter what.  I stopped taking the Hydrocodones with the help of a Detox Hosp..but 2 weeks later after feeling GREAT I hit hard core depression.  I too have Endometriosis, stage 4..the worst you can have.  I have NO idea what my doc expects me to do for the pain.  I was put on Zoloft for the depression, and Trazadone for anxiety and sleep disorders.  They wrok, but it takes about 2 weeks for the Trazadone to work and up to 6 weeks for Zoloft to work.  You may want your doc who is tapering you to put you on a anti-depressant. I was always a happy person before and after the Hydr's..so the hard core depression snuck up on me and I felt like I would never feel good again..but from this forum I have learned that there will be happiness again..I just need to be patient.  Also, I experienced very bad headaches from these withdrawals but everyone is different.  Good luck
Hello, so you are completely off the hydro's. Congratulations!!!! I'm really glad you found a new doctor too that you can actually talk to. If I remember right you had said befor that you could'nt tell your other doc that you were having problems w/ the hydro's because he would just cut you off completely. Now you're completely off anyways and okay it seems... That is great.
Well, you were asking about Flexeral. It's a muscle relaxer. Not addicting. My husband has to take that sometimes because he broke his back a long time ago and he sometimes will have muscle spasms or something. It helps calm the muscles, but it will make you feel real bla. Well it does him anyways, but everyone is different. His doctor had told him when he was taking it befor that there is no point in taking it longer than two weeks at a time. His doctor told him that with physical therapy and rest the medicane should work okay.  
I hoped that helped alittle.
Pink
Hello again, I just wanted to respond to the hysterectomy that you said your doc suggested. You know I was talking to my doctor when I had the endo burned off last May while undergoing Surgery. Befor the surgery though I asked him about a hysterectomy to end the endo, but he said you can still get endo even after a hysterectomy. I was really surprised when he told me that. He said it could still grow in different places. So if you're having a hysterectomy just because of the endo you may want to change your mind. Talk to another doc and get a second opinion. Hysterectomy was an option for me too to stop the pain on my left side from the endo. I'm only 25 though and I still want more kids, but I'll tell you what I would give up having any more children if a hysterectomy would stop the endo pain.  I know the pain you're talking about and it is horrible. After you have surgery and the doc gets the endo out you probably know it still can come back. I heard there's a new shot called Lupron Depot. It's a shot you get every month. It's for people that suffer from endo and have tried birth control pills w/ out success. I don't know if you have insurance though. It is very expensive. The OB doctor can give you the injection right at the office, but it costs around $800.00 for each injection. Like I said you have to go get the injection each month though. I could not afford it right now though so that was not an option for me. Just something to think about.
Pink
Thanks for the Info.  I got addicted to the Hydro's because of all the surgeries I have had for Follicular Cysts on the ovaries that would not disipitate on their own so had to be removed and the Endometriosis.  I should've gotten a Hysterectomy a long time ago, but I really wanted more children.  So, I was blessed with twins last year in addition to our 7 yr old.  Now, I think I'm getting headaches from my hormones or the stress of not having my happy pills.  It was really rough these past couple of weeks and that is why I come here.  So many members here have supported me through the tough times and told me they have gone through what I am going through and it gets better...so they give me hope.  And, you know what?  They were right.  I am starting to feel good finally.  I think it's day 25 for me or around there..I lost count.

Mariposa.....
Even though a member here actually told me that I DO NOT have a real addiction just a mental addiction, I STILL chose to come here and just ignore that comment.  That person does not know me and should not tell me whether or not I have a true addiction cause they are not a Detox DOC.  I went through hell when getting off these pills so I went to a Detox doctor...and he put me on Methadone and Ambien.  I don't let anyone here get to me..I just ignore them.  There are great majority of people here that are truely supportive..so I didn't even reply to that comment and I didn't let it ruin my day.
Sorry Ink, I cant answer your question about methodane because I've never been on it. I know there's alot of posts on here though that talk about methadone. I'm not sure if they talk about the tapering off part though. Just try to read and see what you find. I know with vicodin which is what I'm addicted too they say it's better to taper off slower so the withdrawal symptoms are more tolerable. What I was told is that if a person tapers off a narcotic too fast they will be more likely to relapse. I don't know much about methadone besides that it's a strong narcotic pain reliever. Vicodin is also that except I heard methadane is much stronger.
Sorry I could'nt be more help. I hope someone will see your post and be able to help.
Good Luck!
DO NOT take that Depro Lupron.  I was on a couple of years ago for the Endometriosis right after surgery.  Supposably, right after the doc's burn out the scar tissues, they put you on Depro Lupron for 3-6 months so that it can't grow back and you can become pregnant.  Well, THIS DEPRO LUPRON made me Psycho!!!!!  I am not kidding!  When the doc realized this, she told me THEN that most women cannot take this.  Do your research..there are ALLOT of law suits concerning people who were on Depro Lupron.
Getting back to the Hysterectomy..your Doc is right and wrong.  I was told by SEVERAL second opinions that it's the OVARIES that produces the hormones for the Endometriosis, therefor, the uterus and the ovaries would have to be removed.  If you get a Hysterectomy and they leave the ovaries, well then yes, the Endometriosis can grow back due to the Ovaries producing hormones.  I'm just scared to death to have everything removed and then be on Estrogen.  But, this pain for 2 weeks out of the month really gets out of control.. I can't live like that..in bed, with a heating pad, my head throbbing..etc..  You know how it is.  So, what are your plans for the pain once you get off the Vic's?  This was the first month without pain meds and it was the WORST month of my life.  I was crying, in pain all the time, had very bad migraines.  But, I refuse to live on Naracotics..it eventually destroys you and all the people you love.  So, it is best to get off the Vic's and find something else that works for your pain.  I did try Flexeril and that did help..a little with the cramps and allot for the headaches.  Any suggestions on what to take for the Endometriosis?
thank you for your concern pink.....guess im gonna be full of pain and discomfort no matter which way i turn...i will try posting my question somewhere else here....think im looking for a magic answer tho......im kinda stunned that the methadone clinic that i belong to hasnt suggested that i lower my dose....if i hadnt raised a fuss a year ago id probably still be on 235 mg a day.....think if i analyze my treatment to closely ill start to get real angry....i wish you well and success pink, ive been on pain meds for as long as i can remember and withdrawel is never easy...
i agree -- i went through the depo stuff too.  it was hell.  that stuff is classified as chemotherapy.  it was pure hell on that stuff.  i just got back from out of town.  if anybody noticed in my previous posts, i had a close family/childhood friend die.  we were raised together.  he was so precious.  talk about a bummer. today was the worst day i've had in a long time.  it's so hard to love somebody so much and have them suddenly die.  love to all of you...we are all in this together.
When I was going through Detox for Hydro withdrawals they put me on Methadone and Clonidine 2mg patch that goes on the left upper shoulder and continues to give you the med for up to 14 days continuous.  Clonidine does make most people dizzy and weak.  You have to get up from bed, chair, floor..etc..very slowly.  Everytime I got up I felt real hot and everything went dark for a very brief moment.  Sometimes, my legs would give out during these episodes.  But, Clonidine does help by lowering your blood pressure and making the withdrawals bearable.  With the Methadone, they would lower my dose to the same mgs for 2 days, the lower it again for 2 days, and kept doing so until I was ready to go home.  At home I still had a Clonidine patch and Vistiril for the anxiety that i was experiencing.  The Vistiril didn't work all that great for me so I stooped taking them.  At night I was on Ambien for the ANxiety..but you should not take Ambien for more than a week as you may become addicted to it.  I was on 10 mgs of Ambien and it knocked me out!  Had the best sleep ever.  I was told only to take it for a week and then I started breaking the pilss in half to lower the dosage for 3 days. Last night I didn't take any and I feel just fine today.
I hope this information helps.  Good luck!
I am so sorry for your lost..I don't know where I've been but I didn't know what you were going through...so sorry.  I almost lost my brother once..we were told he wouldn't make it through the night..and I was just over-come with grief.  Somehow, he survived.  So, I can imagine the grief you are having right now...My thoughts go out to you...and here you were helping me!!  you are a sweety..thanks for all your help.  I'm here if you need someone to talk to!
Thank you for that message.  I had no idea about the Lupron Depot making people nuts. Thats Crazy and it's more crazy that they wait until after you get it to tell you.  
Well, I have no idea what I'm going to do after I get off these vic's because they really do work for the pain. If we could just take it and not abuse it we'd be fine.
I do have an appointment @ the pain clinic on December 13 so I'll let you know how that goes and what they say. The pain in my back is constant and I'm told it's from the endo, but the pain I get on my side during my time of the month is horrible.  It's like this sharp burning pain on my left side only. It lasts for about 7 days each month. I really don't know what I'm going to do w/ out taking anything. I've tried every over the counter medicane you can think of, but nothing works. I'll have to take something though because I just cant handle that pain. I feel like I'm going to die every month. I may see what the pain clinic says and try something less stronger than vicodin like codeine or something. I have been on that befor and I never got the urge to abuse it so maybe that will work.  My mom has endo too and that is what she takes for the pain. She only has pain 2 days out of every month. THe endo I have is much worse though because it's even in the muscle tissue.
I hope these doctors can figure out a cure for endometreosis. I may decide to have the hysterectomy. I don't know. I have two wonderful little boys 3 and 6, but I still want one more. My hubby wants to wait awhile though.
I'm scared about a hysterectomy too because it's like they take all your female organs and alot of people gain weight from the estrogin pills they give you. Well, I must say since I've been on vicodin I've gained a bunch of weight. I used to weigh 100 pounds and I've gained 30 pounds just in the last year. It has to be the vicodin.  That's one good thing I'm looking foward to after I stop the vicodin. Losing weight.
I hope we both find help. God Bless You.
You sound like me!!  I have such pain in my back from the Endo.  And my time of the month I get pain on my right side and the headaches and I cry..lol Hydro's made me crave chocolate?  I didn't gain any weight I just stayed the same.  Still craving the chocolate!  I ate 2 choc bars today!  Anyway, let me know what happens at the doc.  I'm suppose to set up an appointment with the Pain Management doc??  What is that?  Am I suppose to take deep breaths when I'm in pain or do Yoga??  LOL  I need a female Doc who has had this Endo and knows what the pain is really like!  This month without pain meds was very hard..the pain was driving me nuts.  I tried walking, taking the kids to the park, stretching..you name it.  I wish they could find a non-naracotic for us women who have this.  My doc put me on Vioxx..did not work at all!  Good luck to you!
Mariposa - would you mind dropping me an e-mail concerning the clinic that will prescribe Bup?  Also - can you tell me exactly what kind of drug it is?  It sounds so promising, and I need all the help I can get...thanking you in advance, Lisabet
my e-mail: ***@****
Hi - I sent it.
Thanks so much.  Have a great day!  Lisabet
I had a hysterectomy in 1998 due to endo, fibroids, and just had my ovaries removed in May of this year. I had reoccuring ovarian cysts that would not go away either. The first one I had was the size of a baseball. When the Doc went in to remove the diseased ovary, he saw the other one was consumed with large cysts so he took both of them out. The reason I asked about hormones or birth control is that the first thing they try to do with endo, is put you on bc pills to try to get rid of it. That didn't work for me so we tried vioxx, meclomen and all sorts of others that never worked. After my hysterectomy/oopherectomy, I had to be put on Premarin hormones. They caused the most God awful migraines I've ever had. After 3 months of weekly ER visits, he switched me to an estrogen patch, which releases the hormones more steadily into your body. I want to get off the hormones too due to all the bad press on them, and as soon as the "HOT FLASHES!!!" subside I will.I would not let them remove your ovaries unless absolutely necessary. It really stinks being 36 and going through menopause.

Just emailed you.
Group Hug!!,  Tracy
Just wanted to add to the posts.  Robaxin is NOT addicting, but it CAN cause serious stomach problems, like bleeding, ulcers etc.  This is especially true if you take aspirin with it, or if you drink.

I was on Robaxin and Robaxisal (same as Robaxin but with aspiring in it) for a couple of years for a back problem .  It helped, but then I ended up needing Ulcer surgery because of the damage it did!

If you take it, make sure you tkae it with meals or a full glass of milk.

Be careful, and good luck!

JR
Thanks for the heads up.
What ingredients is in Robaxin?
I haven't taken Robaxin for 7 years now, but when I did take it, it relieved about 40% of my leg cramps, which were 9 out of 10 pain.

What _DID_ finally help with leg cramps was plain, old-fashioned quinine pills. Quinine is carcinogenic, and I'm not sure they even sell it anymore (when they did, I saw it in the same aisle at the grocery store as the Tylenol and cough syrup). Not sure how much I took, but it wasn't a lot; I remember taking maybe 1 pill in a day. You'll have to do some research to get your story straight before taking it.

If I had to do it over again (hopefully I never will!), I'd take quinine again--only for a couple weeks or less--because it worked, and worked well.
You should know that you are responding to a very old post. It's kind of hard to see but it is from 11/20/2002.
Start a new post so we can all talk with you.
HI, I WAS ADDICTED TO OPIATED HYDRO'S AND PERCOCETS AND U KNOW HE USUAL PAIN KILLERS FOR 5 YEARS THE FITH YEAR I GOT ADDICTED TO OXY'S!!! YES THEY ARE THE DEVIL... LITERALLY. SO EVIL, WELL, I WENT TO DETOX AT FIRST THE END OF 2006 I CHECKED MYSELF IN AND I STAYED 24 HRS AND COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE, THEN I RAN OFF A FEW MORE WEEKS BENGED ON OC'S THEN REALIZED I CAN NOT LIVE THIS WAY, MY LIFE WENT FROM GREAT HUSBAND , LOVING KIDS, TAKING A FEW PILLS FOR BACK PROCEDURES I HAD IN THE PAST  TO RUNNING OFF AND STAYING HIGH ALL THE TIME AND NOT GIVING A DAMN. I WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON, WHOEVER SAYS PERSCRIPTION DRUGS R DIFFERENT, I HATE TO TELL U THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN STREET DRUGS AND MOST OF THE TIME CLEANER AND BETTER!! AND THATS THE BAD THING ABOUT IT B/C THAT GIVES PEOPLE THE ABILITY TO THINK WELL, THEY ARE PURE THERE ARE NO JUNK IN OC'S LIKE THERE IS IN HEORIN, THEY ARE LEGAL WITH MY NAME ON A BOTTLE AND PEOPLE THINK IT'S OK BUT I AM AN ADDICT AND NO DRUG IS OK FOR ME TO TAKE. SO AFTER LEAVING DETOX AFTER A DAY 2 WEEKS LATER I DECIDED TO GO SEE A DR I HAD HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT . A DETOX DR. HE PUT ME ON SUBOXONE WITCH IS A DETOX MEDICATION BUT UNLIKE METHADONE U CAN NOT GET HIGH ON IT, U CAN TRY TO ABUSE IT BUT IT WOULD BE POINTLESS 4 IS THE LIMIT ON SUBOXONE WITCH IS WHAT MOST DETOX DR'S WILL START U ON DEPENDING ON HOW BAD UR USE WAS BEFOR AND OVER 4 LIKE SAY U DECIDE TO TAKE 10 IT IS A WAST IT'S POINTLESS B/C THERE IS NO HIGHER PEAK YOUR CLIMBING A NON CLIMBABLE MOUNTAIN, ALTHOUGH MOST PEOPLE STAY ON IT FOR ALL DIFFERENT PEROIDS THEY SAY UNLIKE METHADONE A PATIENT WHO TAKES IT FOR A LONG PERIOD IS MORE LIKLEY TO SUCEED IN THEIR SOBRIETY WHEN THEY ARE DONE THEN A PATIENT WHO DOES SHORT TERM WICH MAKES SINCE. B/C WHILE ON METHADON SURE U CAN STAY ON IT 2 YEARS BUT THEN IT IS WORSE TO GET OFF THEN WHAT U WERE ON B4 AND UR PRETTY MUCH KILLING UR BRAIN CELLS WITH THE **** AND STAYING DOPED UP U MAY THINK UR NOT AFTER A WHIILE BUT THATS JUST B/C LIKE WITH ANYTHIONG ELSE UR BODY GETS USE TO THE DRUG AND YOU DONT FEEL HIGH LIKE B4. WITH SUBOXONE U HAVE A CLEAR MIND UR NOT FOGGY OR KILLING BRAIN CELLS IT IS A FORMULA THAT IS SO NEW AND UNLIKE ANY OTHER THAT IT IS NAMED THE NUMBER 1 SUCESSFUL DETOX DRUG IN YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADDICTS IN TODAYS TIME. I KNOW IT HAS BROUGHT ME A LONG WAY FROM WHERE I USE TO BE AND I AM THANKFUL. SO HOPE U GUYS GET SOMETHING FROM THIS IF U CAN USE IT AND I WISH EVERYONE ADDICT OR NOT THE BEST OF LUCK AND GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!
you'll have much better luck starting a new thread, this one is 3 years old.  And maybe turning off your caps lock.
Robaxin is additting.My son is lying in the bed right now trying to come off of it.He has been cramping and hurting really bad too.Robaxin is the drug of choice in my area right now and is very expensive.Is there anything I can do to help him? He has called all these help lines and he hasn't been able to get any help to come off of this.If I can help him in any way I will.He helps me with my husband that has had a stroke and he has his two kids as well.
hey anyone looking for info on robaxin dont listen to these people talking about that it doesnt work for withdrawl (withdrawal) pains because they are wrong and just trying to elp you fail. I am taking it now and it is helping a huge deal. I just had to put this out there to shut those other people up. Thank you
Rehab is an option! Our kids know what we are doing, give them more credit than that. Have your kids stay with some friends or family. Find a short medical detox program that takes either state funded health care or charity (Catholic organizations are good for this) and get your *** in there! This is not an easy thing to do on your own; you won't die, but without medications to make this go smoother you going to think your dieing. Two weeks in a rehab is nothing in comparison to the lifetime of damage your continued drug abuse will do to your children. I also think that it is good for our kids to understand the struggles we deal with; especially when we take the appropriate steps to correct our mistakes. I refuse to believe that we all have to make our own mistakes to learn--if we allow ourselves to accept and deal with our own reality openly and without shame, we give others an opportunity to learn from our experience so they don't have to make the same mistakes. Pills are everywhere and kids can get them easier than we can, we might even find that instead of generation X our kids will be labeled generation script. Besides did our parents pretending like sex was not a reality for anyone unmarried, so they didn't need to  talk to us about it, help anyone? I don't think so.
I've been on oxycodone, oxycontin, and recently opana for about 8 years now and was up to about 300mgs of oxycodone a day and just quit cold turkey 2 days ago and am so miserable in every aspect of the word. I'm puking, can't eat hardly, hot and cold sweats, u name it. Does anyone have any tips or anything that helps the process go easier or is it just going to be hell no matter what I do?
I was given robaxin as part of my heroin detox, for the muscle cramps that come with withdrawals. Therefore, I highly doubt it's addictive.
I was on 180mg of Methadone a day. I came down very slowly starting at 10mg a week then when I hit 70mg I went to reducing 5mg a week all the way to 0. Took me 6 months to do this but from knowing others who went from doses of under 100mg to 0 overnight and hearing their horrible withdrawal stories I was determined to do it slow and correctly. The only problem I had after getting off the methadone was trouble sleeping for a few months. But I will take deprivation of sleep over the torment of other withdrawal symptoms any day. Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck.
I was the same as you, but moving from fl. to texas, the doctors dont prescribe the same. you need to get some suboxione or go to a doctor. nobody should have to suffer in pain or go through withdrawals like you are. you could die. go to the e.r. you should have been tapered down, i was and i was fine, but it took about a month for opana without anything. dont do it!

I just was in a car accident Friday, and the Dr gave me a small script for
Robaxin 500mg 4 times a day for stifness& spasm my face is black& blue from steering wheel and my neck hurts bad, No Airbags lucky me! I was wondering is this medication addictive alcohol and drug addiction run really bad in my family. any insight or info would be great,with many thanks

God Bless
I had such bad pain for years!  Until last August I had the hysterectomy (sp?).  It was the best thing I ever did.  I still have pain from spinal stenosis and fibro, but not like it was. I do take estradiol 2 mg at night to keep from having hot flashes, and rarely have any.  It is a BIG life decision, however, depending on your age and if you want any more kiddos.......we have 5 grown kids and a grandbaby, so it was the right decision for us. I wish you the best! Try not to get discouraged.  :-) hope this helped.
Wow! no wonder i am grtting no relief.
Thank you