Is This WD'S?
I'm trying to get off Valium. I was taking 10 mg a day I've been weaning myself off for a few weeks. I was down to 2.5mg twice a day then 2.5 a day for a few days, then I went CT. I was fine for 4 days then all of a sudden my heart started pounding, I started shaking and a little while later I started vomiting. I even took 5 mg thinking it might be WD'S but I still felt terrible. Is this WD'S or could it be that I had a virus or something?
Most likely it is w/d's.  Are you under the care of a doctor??  While opiates are relatively non-life threatening to detox from...Benzos (which I believe is the family that Valium belongs to) can be tricky.

Can someone please add some color on Benzos?  I would consult a doc or addiction specialist to be certain you are going about it the right way.

Free
Hi~  Valium has a long half life...for the best result it's better to do a slow taper over a longer period of time.  This drug requires a taper,as you know.  Stick with that 2.5 x2
per day and get on board with a doctor for a proper taper.  Or you can do this on your own. Just nice and slow...like 2 months. I'd really get a pro's opinion though.

Vicki
I agree with Vicki a very slow taper. (I dont know if thats w/ds ) I am also prescribed vallium but have to take them as i have seizures if i dont. My doctor also said not to stop them dead in there tracks as its not the correct way to stop taking vallium  so i think you should talk to your doctor The very best of luck to you ,,,,,James
Wow, this is a VERY fast taper!!! No wonder you had such wd's. Please don't do this w/o dr's advice... I have been tapering off a very high dosage of benzo and believe me time is the secret to a successful taper.
Here's the link to a site which is the reference in terms of benzo : http://www.benzo.org.uk/
And here's an example of tapering plan: http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2.
If you need more info, feel free to leave me a note.
Best of luck to you. sophie.