Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is darvon 65 manufactured anymore?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is darvon 65 manufactured anymore?

I have cronic (chronic) pain and I have been going to Los Algodones Mexico for a year now to pick up Darvon-65 pain medication. As of January of this year they do not have it. Mexico does not know when they get it in. I thought Darvon was manufactured by Lilly & Co. I called Lilly and they claim they don't manufacture Darvon 65 anymore. They referred me to another company and they stated they don't manufacturer to Mexico.
Can anyone help me and let me know where Darvon 65 is available and where I can find it. I have researched this for many months and I am so frustrated!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

TEDE
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about that particular drug, but just wanted to respond to your post so you know people are around! I am sure someone here will be able to either help u or point u in the right direction!
The pure dextropropoxephene(Darvon) without acetaminophen was withdrawn from tht UK in 2004. In Austrailia it is still available as well as the US but from 30mg dextropropoxephene/ 600mg tylenol to 60mg/325mg- not 65. And it is rarely prescribed without the acetaminophen (tylenol) The mixture of the two is usually called Darvocet The pure dextropropoxephene (Darvon) is not available in the US in 65mg but it is still available.

hope this is helpful
xoxo- D.
I don't know the answer, but I understand your distress. I love those cute little pink "pulvules." I've always gotten a fine high and pretty good pain relief off pure propoxyphene hydrochrloride. There should be some generic manufacturers out there somewhere. If not, I'll be sad.

Thomas
is it me, or does darvocet make you quezy too?

I love the hydrochloride versions -- darvon 65 and darvon compound 65. Nice memories attached to both of those.

Thomas
Does anyone know if they are still being manufactured to Mexico? I really am in need of this medication and would really like to know if anyone has got them from Los Algodones or Nogales. Please let me know

Thank you so much,
Tede
I have never bought an rx from mexico or been to any of the pharmacies. I am a neuropsychologist and a PA so I prescribe meds. There are people in the forum who have bought online for pain or to help detox but really everyone in here is trying to get off of the meds and/ or trying to stay clean, or just at a prescribed dose and not abuse meds. I know people who get drugs from mexico but I do not know of anyone in here that does. I think there is only 2 other people in this forum that are even in california.

xoxo- D.
Could you possible give me some of the generic brands of Darvon that I could pick up in Mexico or something similair. I have tried their Neo-Percocet and it is junk, it does nothing to help with the pain. I also use these to get high once in a while. They are a great product. Please advise.
Tede
Those compounds are much smoother than the darvocet. The darvocet has an opioid with a much more different chemical structure than other opioids but it is similar to strength to codeine (weak opiates). The first couple of times I took dravon and darvocet I was terribly nauseous! I never though an opiate could make me throw up, I know nausea is a common side effect but I've never had it with any other opiate.
Most of this discontinuation of darvon 65 is all money and politics. Huge uprising in ' 78 and then again with the controversy in the UK, austrailia, and europe in '04 GEEEZZZZ! There are plenty of generic brands with just the dextropropoxephene just not in the 65mg b/c Eli Lily was the only pharmaceutical co. that produced the 65mg.

xoxo- D.
Neo-Percocet? Yikes, an opiate I haven't tried? Gotta look that one up. if it doesn't help with pain, damn sure there's no oxy in it ...

Thomas
I have taken darvon 65 since i was in high school for menstral cramps and that was in the 60's. Nothing helps me with pain better than this does. It is now subscribed to me for migrane (migraine) headaches and works better than hard narcotics. Get excited. It is the exact same thing as propoxyphene. You can get darvon 65 D it is just a stronger dose and it cost more because it is not generic. This is how the drug companies get you. Hope this helps.
ms
it certainly kicks the hell out of a migraine,i get those headaches some times and they are a *****.i made laughing gas in my kitchen and got rid of the migraine,theres still nothinglike 2 darvon 65,s plus a gin/tonic,i got in my mach1 and speeded home,and got there in one piece.i know its not smart to take meds and drive,but it was 20 outside and i had my Angels with me so i was safe.