Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is it hard to quit 4 norcos per day

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is it hard to quit 4 norcos per day

I take 4 norcos per day. I have lower back problems that requires surgery. I cannot have the surgery because I am self employed and there is a lot of pressure on me to continue working. I cannot straighten up or walk normal without the pain killers, but I dont want to get stuck in the addiction trap. I take 4 norcos per day. Is this a high amount, and will I suffer withdrawals when I quit taking them?
Tags: norco
Hey positive.... It's good to think about this.... 4 isn't so much but it depends how long you have been taking them and what you future plans are......because of you aren't going to have surgery then it could turn into a problem if you need to keep treating the pain. The aeverity of the Withdrawls depend on alot of factures....
hello and welcome..are you taking them as rxed? if so you should be fine...its a problem when you take more. so say your only suppose to have one a day...and your taking three extras. see? addiction is abusing medicine not using medicine. but one must always be careful with opiates..
they can get away from you very very fast....
*severity* ....And if u can handle it then try not to take them for a day and see if you can   distinguish between the real pain as opposed to your body and mind 'wanting' it...you should be able to tell
Hi there,

4 a day is not considered a high dose, probably an average dose - are they 5, 7.5 or 10mg pills?  To answer your question, you will go through withdrawal when you quit if you're taking them on a daily basis.  As Mike said, the severity of withdrawal will depend on your overall health, your age, and how long you've been taking them.  The total mgs per day is a factor as well.  

Generally speaking, the lower your dose, and the less time you've been on them, the less severe your detox will be.  You'll still feel bad for several days, but not as bad as someone who may have been taking twice your dose or for twice as long.  And again, your overall health will be a factor.

Are you ready to quit now?  I couldn't quite tell from your initial post what your intent is.  If you are, there are alot of things here that we can tell you about to make your withdrawal easier.  

Post back and let us know what your plans are.

Well wishes to you....

sandstone27
i would not think it willl be to bad. how long have you been on them???.?. im cold turkying  25 norco 10/325 and i need help too. i hope you wont go through the withdraws of them
So I have tried to tapper off but then get reminded how bad my back hurts and end up taking more. here I am 9 months after my post and instead of cutting down, I went up to  6 norcos per day. Some days as high as 8! I went in honest with my doctor and told him to start  to lower the amount. Now I am down  from 6 10/325 norco per day to 6   7.5 vicapro. I am taking elavil to help the come down. I have been on this dose for 2 months, and now its time to lower it again. Not  looking forward to this. Any advise on how slow  to tapper?   Is 4-6 vicapro considered a high dose?