Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is it just me

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is it just me

I was on pain meds for pain. Its disc in back and neck. I am coming up on 90 days off the
Norco and still feel very anxious, and depressed. I still have trouble with focusing on things
like planning meals, etc.  Is this normal anyone else feel like this, this far out? Im 59yrs old
Just feeling like my life is over. Please need answers
ps Im just not feeling the happiness everyone is feeling. Pain is overwhelming sometimes.
you will Chig, you will.  it just takes more time sometimes.  i know that's not what you want to hear.  i'm on my way to a meeting but hopefully we can touch base this weekend.  you can do this!  are you getting exercise (walking is good, even short walks), listening to music, trying to keep busy?  be good to yourself. at 90 days I was still struggling. rooting for you!

Meegan
Thanks meegan I hope some others answer me also, so I know im not the only one this far out and still feeling bad. But thank you so much for your answer
You will learn to hate this word but you have to give it TIME. Everyone is different.. My first real attempt to get clean I was coming off of 20+ years of Heroin abuse and it took me a solid year before I could plan a dinner. But I wasn't giving up. My worst day clean was better than my best day using. We do so much damage to our minds and bodies and we expect to get healthy right away. It doesn't work like that. You WILL feel better honey. Just hang in there. Maybe you could get into some sort of exercise routine. Even if it is just walking around the block. Do it everyday and make it a routine.

So many people relapse because they don;'t have a plan for their pain once they quit drugs. You need to set something up with your doctor. Perhaps physical therapy, chiropractor..acupuncture..or have him make a suggestion. Do it ASAP. You would be amazed at how fast you can talk yourself into getting just one pill. I don't want to see you do that. That one pill will turn into ten, then thirty. You know how it goes.

If you need to plan dinner, write it down. Hang in on the frig and take it step by step. It will all fall into place. Hang in there sweetie and whatever you do just don't use.
Thanks IBKleen for you caring for me and answering me. Yes, I do hurt a lot and sure have been thinking about this.Can I ask you, if you don't mind do you have pain issues? I just don't know how to handle the pain. I have TMJ, now also it is very painful not counting all the other stuff. But just know I have been strong and have not taken any pain meds for these almost 90 days. Thanks for your advice.
I had to look around and find some better supplements because I also had a harder time bouncing back after my second go round quitting Norco.   All I can say is try to think positive and try to not dwell on it.   I didn't have pain issues so much as just complete lack of motivation to do anything.   I'm better now but it took me longer this second time.   Congratulations on your 90 days!
Yes honey...I live with chronic pain everyday. I have 5 herniated disks, DDD, Arthritis and sciatica. I have been clean 7-1/2 years and believe me it has been a struggle some days. Most days actually. Some days I just sit and cry and think my life is over but I keep going forward. I have been through a lot trying to get back on a regiment of injections..long story but last month I was excepted and began again. They are very helpful for me. I am my own worst enemy though. There are things that I should do and don't so that doesn't help. But I refuse to go back on pills. I have taken them a few times during the past years but always very short term and always with my husband holding and hiding them. I know what you are feeling sweetie and my heart goes out to you. Please, please talk with your doctor and see what he thinks you can do to help with the pain. If you go back on the pills it will only get worse when you come off them again. It just gets harder on the body. Try whatever you have to do.
IBKleen,

Im sorry to keep bothering you on here, but what injections, are you talking about. I am currently trying to see another Ortho doctor and Neuro doctor. But im looking for alternatives, other than pain meds. Please can I PM you if you don't mind.
Of course you can PM me hun. I am going out to dinner fairly soon so if I don't get back to you right away I will as soon as we get home.