Is it safe to stop using my valium?
I wanted to ask a question about the use and misuse of Diazepam.  I read alot in this forum about the dangers of benzos when stopping them and I want to make sure I am doing everything right.

I am on day 7 CT off of oxy habit and I used diazapam the past week to help with my withdrawls.  I used approximately 15 mg on day 1 and took a little less each day decreasing the dose little by little depending how I was feeling.  Yesterday I took 2.5 mg for the day and now I want to stop them because I'm afraid of getting dependent on them and I really don't need them anymore anyway. I have used, in total for the week, approx 35-45 mg.(memory is kinda foggy)

My question is...Is it safe for me to stop them right now after 7 days? Should I expect some type of symptom of WD's when stopping? Should I keep on tapering down? Should I switch to 1mg ativan?  Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I Just want to make sure i do this properly.

Thanks in advance.
I would be reluctant to tell you to stop taking them.  I would consult with a professional as many of the benzos take a whil to get into your system and if you quit it will likely take days to wish you hadn't and then days for the medicine to start working again.  Many people stop taking medicine when they feel better but I would not recommend it.  I feel good right now but give me a few days of not taking my medicine and WATCH OUT. : )
I was always under the impression that long term use of benzos is where the dangers lie when you stop taking them.  I have not used them before, I only used them this past 7 days to help with my detox.  Is that enough time for me to worry about it?  I really want to stop the valium because I no longer need it.  I understand your concern above that is the reason I am taking this decision slowly.  Thanks
I understand your concern and I would feel the same way.  I don't take benzos as I don't need them either.  You may not feel terrible withdrawals but I would still talk to the doctor about your tapering and medications that may be helpfull and not as addictive.  I respect greatly your concern but as I said earlier your taper has been rather quick and sometimes it taked a while to even feel the effects of dropping that fast as the half life of that medicine has a lengthy half life.  It is hard to understand that but look it up and I will help you understand if I can
I understand about the half life of medicines so I know what you mean exactly.  I am going to take your advice and speak to a professional. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
I don't think 7 days will be harmful. Yes speak to a dr. But stop at 7 for sure. Don't take them again. I'm tapering from 1 month of 3 mg a day. Now at 2 mg. Kinda *****. But helped with opiate withdrawal , personally I hate benzos and how they make u feel, like a zombie. Gross.
Quinn- You should be just fine. Increase your fluids for a few days and don't switch to Ativan!  LOL

It's great you're calling the doctor. Nice job on those 7 days!  Keep that up!