Is takin Percocet safe during pregnancy
Hi i been on Percocet for a year now.i am 9 weeks pregnant.i still take about 20 mg a day.i told my doctor about it but she said to stop takin them.but I need them but I am really concerned.will it affect my baby's brain.will it make my baby slow or deformed.i am really worried cuz I am still takin them every day.i read all these story's about girls takin them while pregnant n said they were safe as long as u don't abuse them.please someone reassure me that it's a fact my baby will be fine n healthy.
Best advice I can give do what your dr says.  I'm 27 weeks pregnant and need some pain relief but not if would effect my baby.  I do not believe there is a risk if deformity but definitely a risk of your baby being born addicted and having withdrawals so you now have a choice on what you want to put your baby through
I would get of them personally and use it only when I couldn't stand the pain... But that's just me, I was given vic's when prego with my oldest daughter but took only when I desperately needed to, and as far a baby you won't know till he or she us born if it has any effect on them. This us a decision I feel you and your doctor need to make. Congrats on your lil one:)
Are you getting your Percocet from a doctor? It's best that everyone's on the same page (ie prescribing dr knows what the OB is doing and vice versa). If you are taking them for pain, have you considered other pain management options?
Did your OB tell you to just stop?
Yes she said that it was ok  that I was takin them that it wouldn't be harmful to the baby but that I should stop n that she would set me up wit a pain doc but a lot of other medicines don't help me like Tylenol doesn't help at all I don't understand y when I google it all these other girls say their on prescribes them it obviously that means it ain't harmful
No I still have left from my last prescription my doctor says its up to the Gyn..the only other pain med I've tried is ibuprofen which I know u def can't take while pregnant and Tylenol doesn't help
Ask her to help you formulate a taper plan.  You should not stop taking them abruptly.  Then, get the referral to the pain management doc. There are a lot of approaches to treating pain that do not have to involve a narcotic.  

Have you tried other methods?  I think it's worth a try anyway.  If you don't agree with your doc, you could always seek out a second opinion.  Pain is something that definitely needs addressed, your doc doesn't agree with you taking the Percocet while pregnant, but if you have exahusted a lot of other options and it's the only thing that helps make the pain manageable, you may have to find a new doctor. I think trying other options is not a bad idea...just my personal opinion.

Good luck with your pregnancy, congrats!