Is the suboxone taking my pain away??
I have a torn disk in my back, and have facet joint syndrome (L4-L5, S1-S2) and I was taking Norco to alleviate the pain. Of course, I got addicted to them, and not only was I taking them for pain, but liked the way they made me feel. So much so, that I built up quite a tolerance and my dose was up to anywhere between 30 to 60 pills a day, and sometime even more. Anyway, I made the decision to get off of them once and for all, and went to a sub doctor. I have been "clean" for 22 days now. And what I mean by "clean" is off the Norco, but am taking the suboxone. So, my question is that I DO have pain, but have noticed it has gotten a LOT better ever since getting off the Norco. I used to wake up every single morning in agonizing pain and would pop 8 Norco, take a shower and go about my day. Now when I wake up, the pain is still there, but it's nowhere near as bad, so I get out of bed, take my sub (4mg), take a shower and by this time I'm feeling okay, barely any pain at all. Were the Norco making me hurt worse? Or are the sub taking my pain away? I know the sub is some sort of opiate, but it's not a full antagonist opiate like the Norco. Can someone try to help me with this please?

thanks so much!
It makes perfect sense. The Norco can cause nerve sensitivity - hyperalgesia. So it is actually creating a lot of the pain that it is relieving.

I am in a similar situation. Bad back and neck. Fibromylgia for 20+ years.  I just got off Oxcycontin 80+ mg per day by taking Suboxone - subutex with NarCan - and then reducing the Suboxone dosage every four days. While the Suboxone helps with the pain, I wouldn't plan on staying on it for long. It is also pretty addictive. It just has milder withdrawal symptoms.

I am going to try Lyrica for the fibro, but I have no idea what I will do for the neck and back pain. They are saying Ultram, but I have read that a lot of people get addicted to tramadol too. Joy.

Good luck,

Talyn