Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is the suboxone taking my pain away??
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is the suboxone taking my pain away??

I have a torn disk in my back, and have facet joint syndrome (L4-L5, S1-S2) and I was taking Norco to alleviate the pain. Of course, I got addicted to them, and not only was I taking them for pain, but liked the way they made me feel. So much so, that I built up quite a tolerance and my dose was up to anywhere between 30 to 60 pills a day, and sometime even more. Anyway, I made the decision to get off of them once and for all, and went to a sub doctor. I have been "clean" for 22 days now. And what I mean by "clean" is off the Norco, but am taking the suboxone. So, my question is that I DO have pain, but have noticed it has gotten a LOT better ever since getting off the Norco. I used to wake up every single morning in agonizing pain and would pop 8 Norco, take a shower and go about my day. Now when I wake up, the pain is still there, but it's nowhere near as bad, so I get out of bed, take my sub (4mg), take a shower and by this time I'm feeling okay, barely any pain at all. Were the Norco making me hurt worse? Or are the sub taking my pain away? I know the sub is some sort of opiate, but it's not a full antagonist opiate like the Norco. Can someone try to help me with this please?

thanks so much!