Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is there a difference between Lortab, Vicodin, Norco, et

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi All I am thinking, Vicodin or Lortab area all the same?  IS one stronger than the other/? I know Norco has less tylenol What would be call....something with only hydrocodone and no additives?  What strength, the same was the like 10/325 norco, the 10 is the hydro?  THANKS ALL...day 3 no NORCO
The only difference is amount of tylenol and manufacturer.

Congrats on only 3 today...
SORRY TO BUTT IN...BUT...HAVE YOU HEARD FROM KK?

LOOK ON MESSENGER...I HAVE A FACE...LOL

HUGGS,
KIM
Not 3 today.....DAY #3 no norco...but day 4 was  no good.  If fact all my days are no good, pills or no pills, my life is in depression and I cant get the f- out!!!
They all have hydrocodone and tylenol. No US manufacturers make a pure form of hysrocodone right now but it is available (2 companies if I remember correctly). They are all available with different amounts of tylenol but vicodin usually comes in 5mg hydrocodone/500mg tylenol or 7.5mg/750mg. Norcos are usually 10mg/325mg and lortab are available in a very wide range of hydro./acetaminophen(tylenol) combinations and some combined with asprin instead of tylenol. Liquids are available also. The liquid combination that is prescribed to me is tussionex -10mg hydrocodone/15mg chlorpheniramine (an antihistamine that dimetapp uses over the counter) per 5ml (one teaspoon) it's 12 hr. extended release. So hydrocodone comes in a pretty wide variety of combinations pill form and liquid form that are just not prescribed as much.\

xoxo- D.
If your depressed, then maybe you should try some form of depression medicine. I was the same way, but after going through a variety of medicines I finally found one that worked and I am no longer depressed, life seems so much different!
The depression really adds insult to injury, but don't let it drive you back to using.  It gets better, but it takes alot of clean days under your belt first.  And it gets better in little increments.  If, a few weeks down the road, the depression is still pretty bad, you might try an AD, as Twitty suggested.  I ended up starting on Welbutrin after 90 days, and I believe its working.  Hang in there, even with a little sadness, it's a better life.
My doctor told me he was going to give me Norco. When I got the pills the bottle said Hydroco/apap 5-325. To me it's no different then the Vicodin I was taking because that bottle said Hydroco/apap 5-500. The only difference is the pills of the norco have red spots in it and the others did not...My question is what is the difference and why do they seem to not work as well (the norco)?? Thanks
norco is 10mg of hydrocodone and you got 5mg pills, that is why the dont feel as strong.  The only difference between what he gave you and what you had is the amount of tylenol 325mg v. 500mg.
I've been taking norco 10/325 for about 18 months and tramadol for about 6 months for breakthrough pain, but the tramadol doesn't work. Is there anything stronger I can take?
I was prescribed Norco for pain mediation post rotator cuff surgery.
It helped with pain mediation but after a month I was waking up early in morning with crushing back pain.  I took myself off of it
"cold turkey" and now experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms
including depression,severe insomnia,night sweats, dizziness,irritability,lack of energy and inability to concentrate.
they are all the same and the drug of choice here. Pretty soon I think you will find them harder to get according to some things I read  . The worst thing about these pills is the fact that the people who abuse them (as I once did) take a ton of liver killing tylenol.
You will be alright. It is hard and the depression is bad. I cried for a week after I quit, but I am through it and though life is still hard, the emotions and extreme depression aren't as bad. I do not know your personal situation, but I thought I would share my experience. I hope you are doing well and keep up the fight!
Lotus55 hasnt been here is 3 years.  FYI