Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is this normal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is this normal?

I don't mean to be a bother with the "is this typical" questions, simply because I know everyone's wd's are different.  However, I'll ask anyway:   I tapered off Norco, I've been totally clean for 6 days, but I tapered quite slowly the past three weeks.  Months back, I was on 10-12 a day, but for the past three weeks, I went from a half pill daily (for about 6 days) to a quarter pill (about six days), and now I've been off for six days.  My question is, my stomach is "just not right".  I have low energy, loose stools, and overall, just feel weak and  c r a p p y.   Is this considered typical - even though I tapered slowly?  
Welcome! Yes this is normal. someone with more Norco knowledge will be here shortly to answer in more detail. I would say it is almost over, hang in there and welocome to the forum.
yes very typical I did a tapper and had the same effect but trust me it is alot better than if you had went cold turkey congrats on your 6 days keep it keep posting this site really helps during the rough times you should start to feel better soon

chris
it is typicall , try immodium for the loose stools. the rest im unsure about, but others on here may have some suggestions on vitamins, amino acids, etc.!! good job on the taper,and that you are taking your life back. many prayers...
i'd say yes.it's normal......stick around ,,ppl can answer any question it seems
I tapered...more quickly than yours..but was a hydro user as well...my loose stools persisted for 10 days...my friend who quit with me only had it for a few days...as 4 energy....over a month and still have low energy days....I felt great for about a week after detox and caught the flu...having probs with the energy thing still...went and got some amino fuel this am...tastes crappy but will try..hang in there...tapering does not eliminate WDs as a rule...but it gets better and better...exercise helped me tremendously and still does
Thanks so much for the quick response, folks.  I keep telling myself "this is normal - my body is withdrawing" ... but then my addictive/obsessive mind want to find another, more serious thing, such as a deadly disease, etc.   I guess all of you can relate to that "damn obsessive mind".  Thanks again ...
yes very normal, congrats first on a great taper, it takes a strong person to do that...Also congrats on your clean time...It just takes time for our bodies to re adjust..
Take immodium pills, not liquid, and you will see a big difference...Every day will get better and better
stay strong
r2r
I can't imagine you feeling much withdrawal after 2.5 mg. for 6 days.  Wow !!  Imagine what they would have been like if you stopped c/t without the taper.  When I got to that point, I didn't have any of those symptoms except being lazy and mild depression that lingered for months.  Your doing great.

Nauty................
from what i have heard, what you are going through is completey normal... and, i have not gotten to where you are yet, but have been told to expect those reactions.
good luck...you will get there!
Loose stools are my new best friend and the 'not quite right stomach' is a close second...also have watery eyes...you're normal. Congratulations, keep posting and welcome!
congrats on 6 days and a successful taper!
I also tapered off vics...i had LOW energy for 5 weeks..some good days in between...
I had NO diarrhea...i was glad for that!!!
It does get better..just hang in there!
Keep posting...we're here for you!