Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Is this the right way??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is this the right way??

Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions, I posted on this a few times and your advice has been very helpful! Give yourselves a pat on the back!! Saving 1 post at a time, I Thank you guys so much. But here my questions...I Started my taper a couple days ago i went from 4-5 sometimes up to 7 depending the mood and and day  Norcos 7.5mg,(after posting and deciding to tell my husband) Day 1- I took 2 1/2 which I was okay but wasnt happy I wish I only took one, Day 2- I took 1 1/2 and still felt like I could/should take less, I went to the health food store and bought the thing for the Thomas Recipe, L-tyrosine 500mg, B-6, Valarian Root, Melotonin, Iron pills(low iron) and Potassium. I immediately starting taking them 1 of each 3 times a day except for the Melotonin. Day 3- I only took 1/2 later that day  I did feel chills and twangs in my legs but I just stayed moving, So today so far so good I only took 1/2 again the only reason I take half of pill is because I wake up with a splitting headache which could just  be Phantom Pains!! Is this is the correct way?? Being able to taper down to a half pi;;s so quickly is that normal i DO NOT want to fool myself?? Also since I start taking the Vitamins and tapering I been having a Alergies (allergies) or cold like symptoms, running nose, sneezing and stuffy nose at night in been taking benadryl at night for that is this normal or do i just have allergies and its coincidence? Also I took the Melotonin 2 nights straight all I did was toss and turn I only took 1 capsule each night, I heard it can be addicting as well, I jst being trying to gear myself up for the worst I detoxed when I got pregnant a year 1/2 ago I know how it feels like  H-E-L-L, But I got through it, after having a C-section. The vicious cycle started again....Seeking more Advice and Suggestions.
The sneezing and "allergy like symptoms' are definitely withdrawal-I am on day four of cold turkey and experiencing them and many other joys.  I don't know about Meletonin being addictive-but as it is a safe herbal remedy and something your body makes naturally I don't see the harm unless you are taking other meds that it could be contraindicated in (ask pharmacist)  As for the sleep-I've been taking sleeping pills and have only slept 4 out of 72 hours-it's one of the worst parts.  You're doing great-just keep at it(:  I'm sure someone who knows more than me will come along.
Melatonin is an amino acid naturally produced in our body; it's not addicting.

It doesn't "set" very well with antidepressants so if you take any, you need to check with your doctor.
Thank You for the feedback! Its Greatly Appreciated!!
I'm just wondering...are you pregnant now?
No I'm not pregnant nor I'm not taking anything except what I mentioned his my post! Thanks All of You for the prompt feedback and Support!