Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
JAIL, REHB

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

JAIL, REHB

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH PRESCRIPTION FORGERY, I HAVE A PRIOR FELONY SHOPLIFTING, IM SO WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL, OR EVEN PRISON, i LIVE IN GEORGIA, AND THEY ARE VEY STRICT HERE, IM VERY SCARED, I AM ADDICTED TO PAIN MEDS, AND WHEN I WAS ? I DIDNT HAVE AN ATTORNEY AROUND, AND THEY TURNED MY WORDS AROUND, BUT THEY CHARGED ME WITH THE CRIME,,, SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Do you want to stop using or are just asking the simple question of what will happen to you?

If you want to stop and can get into rehab or treatment, I think that would be great! What are you taking? Do you have a doctor that can help you get clean?

RX forgery is very serious (as you know). I'm sure it all depends on what happened, prior record and the actual judge.

Post back...
YES IT IS SERIOUS AND THEY EVEN SAID THAT IT IS A DRUG CHARGE, I DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO FIND A JOB WITH THESE THINGS ON MY RECORD, I HAVE A PRIOR FELONY SHOPLIFTING, HAVE ANY ADVISE ON THE CHARGE OUT COME AND  CAREER MOVES
Hi!  I wouldn't worry about a career right now.  I would stick to finding a good attorney and getting OFF the pills for good.

You can do it!!! : )
WELL I CANT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY
Public defender?  Just don't do any more talking without someone.  You will be better off in court if you are clean, and the best thing is that if you get off drugs you will have your life back and can work on all those other things like job and family!  

Did you forge the scripts?  How many do they have you on?  Any proof that it was you? (cameras or pharmacists who can ID you?)  You could just get probation.  The best thing right now would probably be to check into rehab.  Do you have insurance?
You really need some legal advice. I'm sorry but you said it yourself. You've already had your words twisted and found you being railroaded as you hint to.

It will happen again if you talk much more without guidence from someone that knows the law in Georgia. Making an effort to get into an out-patient or start a log of NA/AA meetings your attending to show the Court when you get there would not be a bad idea either...What was it they say you forged??
Chances are if you never sought the advice or protection of a solicitor that you have already incriminated yourself. If you havent, i would beg borrow or steal the money to retain a solicitor and maybe then you have an advocate familliar with the normal protocols and proceedings in relation to your charges. As the other poster said, i wouldnt be concerning yourself with future job prospects rather concentrate on how to employ the help of an attorney who could help to mitigate your charges so that a criminal record is not ever an issue. Good luck

Regards Jeremy.
Getting Clean and going to NA would be huge right now.  I have a friend who got busted selling and he is about to go to federal prison for a few years and the judge told him that they would of gave him a lesser sentence if he would of worked to get his life together.

but he didn't.
They will appoint a Public Defender for you if you cant afford your own legal counsel.  I hope you will take the proper avenues now to get your life together~~~sara
I was charged with the same thing.  Try to relax, get clean and go to court.  Plead not guilty.  They will then assign you a public defender.  There are many good ones who will fight for you.  Go to rehab if possible.  I got put on probation and I had quite a few priors, one of which was shoplitfting.  Be well and learn the lesson.
thanx for all the advise, Im so scared, this problem has taken over my life, I want to get help and i am looking  into rehab, i ave paid my money for a bed, but i have to go to jail for three months before i can go into rehab b/c i was already on probation for the prior shoplifting, im just hoping that this will be it, but i know i could b sent to prison, i have an addiction, but i feel as if im a productive citizen, but i was just trying to get meds cause i dont have health ins. and those meds are very expensive, plus paying for the doc, I hope this work out for me and my family