Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Journaling to heal; anyone doing this?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Journaling to heal; anyone doing this?

I was inspired today to begin a journal.  I have done this before but in my quest to make my evening routine not revolve around pills, I decided to get it out and dust it off.
My last entry stated I was ready and asked the angels not to give up on my struggle with pills.  I told GOD I was ready.  That was August 06 :(

I was inpired to write these words tonight and I just thought I would share.  My soul longs to celebrate and have fun in a natural narco free way.  I feel it.

THANK YOU GOD. I HEAR YOU.
THANK YOU THANK YOU
THANK YOU ANGELS FOR YOU LOVE. I FEEL IT.
THANK YOU INNER VOICE, I LOVE AND HONOR YOU.
THANK YOU UNIVERSE, FOR ALL OF THE WAYS I COULD HAVE FALLEN, YOU HAVE SAVED ME.
I THANK YOU FOR MY BODY AND SOUL.
I FEEL LOVED AND CHERISHED BY THE UNIVERSE AND ITS ABILITY TO SEND ME ALL THESE MESSAGES I AM RECIEVING THAT WILL SET ME FREE.
The wind is changing in my corner of the world.  I am on a better journey because of you.  My health is at risk and my home and business is at risk.  My life is at stake.

Hope this isn't too much drama for anyone this evening, just my true feelings.  I haven't wriiten an entry since August, c'mon
something IS HAPPENING!!!!

Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

Back to my question; is this healing or helpful just to get he mind off things for awhile?  Do you ever go back and read them, I never do.  I suppose that would take up some time when my mind needs to be occuppied (distracted) too, I just never read any of the old journaling I have done. I choose to look into the future, it will be healthier/happier
Tags: Addiction
I don't journal.  I will send an email to somebody@yahoo it always comes back and I write but then I put them in a balloon and send it  away or I burn it tear it up and let it fly away in the wind.  There is something so powerful about putting things in writing.  It makes it real it brings out into our realm the physical rather then the ether and by doing that we allow ourselves to acheive our purpose.
Amen.  I used to always write then just tear it up.  You know, just get it all out.  That would be when I was angry.  

Today I feel it could be a good part of the changing "landscape" of my habit filled days.   It does take time and I'll have some tea, listen to the radio, candles, maybe soak my feet.  Make it something relaxing and a ritual.  Instead of the pill ritual.  I have been reading more too.  Nothing like a good book when in withdraw.  Thanks for talking tonight.
Jasper Fforde- Thursday Next novels.  He is a creative genius.
Power vs Force will completely change your perspective on EVERYTHING.  works down to quantum physics.  fascinating.
I have kept a jounal for the last ten years. My inner most thoughts are in it. All of my bad feelings, good feelings, my good days and my bad days. I wouldn't want anyone to read it so I keep it in the gun cabinet which is locked.

As for all that's going on, we can't change it so we go on. I don't really have more than two people here that care if I'm on this site or not, but I do care for the others just the same.

Take Care,  LS
Hi I do or should say used to journal. My therapist told me it is supposed to help. She was right. Only I find myself journaling when I am at a really low point in life. I am bipolar and I journal most when I am down in the dumps. I dont really have anyone in the real world to vent to, so I do it in my journal. I think it is a good way to let all of your frustrations out without hurting someones feelings, or saying something outloud that you might regret later on. Its a place where you can say what you want and no one can judge you. You can be the true you, because whats the point in lying to a piece of paper? Today I will admit I got really upset and defensive for a lot of people on here. Perhaps to some of you this is a way of venting without hurting someone you care about. I mean who better to let your frustrations, or worries out to than a bunch of strangers right? Well alot of those strangers have become friends of mine, and you are welcome to vent anytime to me. I am not here to judge anyone. I have done things in my past that I am not proud of and I would not want you to judge me on my mistakes.

I am here to lend a listening ear, a helping hand, or a shoulder to cry on. I just wish others would have seen it that way instead of making a big deal out of what we should or should not be posting here. That was just so not right, and like I said it pissed me off, for all of you and myself. So like the big mouth I am I stood up and called them out on it. Well it caused a bunch of stress that was unnecessary and someone slipped. I am sorry for that. I hope that they can recover from it and pick themselves back up, brush off and start over again. Kind of like if you are in a marathon, if you trip, get up and keep on going from where you fell. Dont let a little mistake upset you so bad that you give up....Please dont give up...you were doing it before the fall, you can get back up and do it again. There are plenty of us behind you to help pick you up.

I am babbling now so I will leave it at that.
Thank you for your insight this evening.  I am really tired. Good night all.  

Had a great talk with kmh tonight as she struggles to stay clean for her baby.

Here's to good women, many we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.

what ever it takes to give you the strength to get over the obsticles you face. if i't journaling do so, if it's visiting and communicating on this site, do so, if it is crying yourself to sleep and waking up to do it all over again tomorrow...do so. there is no right or wrong way to handle the hand we have been dealt. Life is one big theraputic session of trial and error. You live in the moment until you are ready to live for tomorrow. Right now in this very moment, if journaling is what you need...then do it! God bless.
Thanks jen.  It is all a bit trial and error isn't it mate?