Jumping off methadone
I just jumped off methadone 3 days ago I was at 7mgs I was pretty much doin 3 days on 3days off before that this time I was just ready to try and stay off, my question is when should I expect to start feeling withdrawal symptoms right now I feel fine, Im wondering if tomorrow or day 5 it's just gonna hit me like a ton of bricks?
hello and welcome.
how long have you been on it?
what was your highest dose and did you do a slow taper?
if you did a slow taper you might not have a severe onset of withdrawal symptoms.some havent had any symptoms for up to 5 days.just  take it if and as it comes.
the methadone detox is just a longer duration. sleep and energy issues take longer to return to normal then other opiates.
are you planning on counseling and/ or support groups to prevent relapse?
congrats on your decision to stop using.
Welcome Rolo! I personally to not have any methadone experiences.  My drug of choice was hydros at their peak 20-30/day 10mg.
Many in this forum community DO though.  And they'll be along to post on your question/thread.
In the meantime, something that helped me A LOT and took me FOREVER to discover are the articles on this site in "health pages".
If you scroll all the way down on this page and look on the r.h. side, there's a box with "most viewed health pages".  You can also click at the bottom of that box for "see more health pages".  Lots and lots of info on methadone/withdrawal/nutrition/expectations/solutions and all that!
You'll more than likely learn something by reading them.  I didn't even know anything about PAWS (post acute w/drawal) and I was right in the middle of a couple of bad weeks "living" PAWS.  It helped me tremendously!!
Welcome aboard and keep posting~
2years highest 99 I just shot down 5 a week pretty much at the beginning of the second year I feel fine now no real problems sleeping it only start of day 4 tho