K/E Greg Pearl
Gosh guys... I'm lost here. I can't find the regular site we all have been on. Are you guys, K/E, Greg, Precious out there? I can't find our forum!
Gain strength and courage from each milestone.  3 days is a big one!!  Congratulations!

Btw - I live in Ohio.  :)
Yep almost 4 months for me.. i just turned 27. I had been a heroin addict when I was in high school and got clean at 19 through many rehabs and AA.  I will have 8 years soon clean from heroin.  I had about a two year run with pills after they were given to me after surgery. I started to have back pain and self medicated. I started with vicodin moved to percaset and threw in some oxy here and there.. after the scripts ran out whatever i could get.  Right after I quit pills I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis in my neck, and myofascial pain syndrome.  I am glad i was diagnosed after I quit or I never would have stopped it would have been the excuse I was looking for to continue.  So now I have learned and continue learning new ways to cope with pain and how to take care of myself.  I tapered down from 10 a day to 3 and then my hubby and I decided for me to use Suboxone just to detox off the rest of the way, so I took that for 10 days and then stopped.

Day 4 is awesome.. day by day you will start feeling better and more like a human.. Headaches are normal.. alot of the action opiates have in our system occurs in the brain.  While we are taking them normal production of our brain chemisty stops, this included our dopamine, serotonin, endorphins, ect.. as those things start to function headaches are bound to happen, they have been on vacation and are not happy about working again. I find ice packs on my forehead help when i have a doozy of a headache. You were not taking a obsene amount of pills, but that was quite some time so it will take a while for it to heal. If you haven't yet read up on PAWS which stand for Post Accute Withdrawal Syndrome  its the stuff that lingers and occurs after the intial nasty stuff is  over this can affect addicts for months or longer, if you read up on it you will be more prepared if it happens to you. I have been very lucky in that department so far. But when i feel crummy I usually atribute it to my fibro so who knows.
Good luck to you and your friends.. if you ever need to talk you know where to fine me..:)
I just found out last night that my husband, an RN, was caught at work "diverting" medication.  He's been taking the Oxycodon that his patients don't request for pain.  He's been suspended.  I can't believe that I didn't see this.  He says its been going on, in low dose, for a year and a half?  How stupid must I have been.  It's just the last thing I'd have expected from him.  I on the other hand abused lots of different drugs earlier in my life.  We're both in our 40's with 2 very young children.  He's a bookish homebody.  A fantastic dad.  I never thought that his naps and irritability (when he couldn't get meds, was about drugs!  I feel like I've been hit with a shovel.  All I want to do is help.  He's trying to go cold turkey this weekend, and apparently has before when I thought that he had the flu.  I'm trying to be supportive - I'm no hippocrite.  I understand how this could happen.  He said that it was so easily available and he was curious.  Like climbing a mountain because it was there, and now he's addicted.  Any advice for a wife and mother in shock?
Hi there....I, too, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2000. Actually, that's when all this NONSENSE (to me anyway) pill prescribing started from my Rheumatologist. I am now on DAY 5 of my detox from the Vicodin and slept 8 STRAIGHT hours last night. I can't believe it....Feeling better day by day as Breakingfree and K/E assurred me I would do.  Thanks for your input on the headaches, too. Thank God they only lasted a day. :) My husband even said to me that "headache day"..."You mean you REALLY have a headache?" lol lol He's such a clown...33 years clown. That's how long we have been married and I think he's excited he is getting his "old wife" back. :) WOW four months for you. That's GREAT. I can't wait to get that far. I am thinking I read where you said you take muscle stuff for the Fibromyalgia? What type may I ask? THAT is my next thing to TOTALLY come off of. I have considerably cut down on it to like 1/4 of what I was taking but I am doing the Vicodin thing first...OK thanks again for you unput...It's appreciated  Precious
Hi Guys, How are you today? Breakingfree, how was your run? I would give anything to be able to do that again. My knees just won't let me, though...BUT I do remember the many years I did run 3 miles a day. It WAS "my high" and I guess that's why they have detoxing people run to get the "natural high" huh? That is SOOOOOOO cool....OK I am off to a College Football game today...SO glad I started all this Monday night as I'd be in BAD shape now if I had waited a couple more days....Have a GREAT day....I'll check in later...Precious

YAHOO I am going into the REAL world without the VICODIN...Wish me luck. lol
Hi you guys,

I have followed your thread and I just want to say, that if one thread works for your recovery then go for it!  I think you guys have a great support system going on here.  I wish you guys all the best in your recoveries!

shel
for the muscle stuff i take either zanaflex or flexiril depends how my work day is i do hair and make up.. its not easy.. i also just started elavil for sleep its supposed to also help with pain.. its a older anti depressant..
hope this helps.. share with me anything new stuff your rheum doc tells you.. i am new to Fibro and could use all the help i can get..
Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. I can just imagine the temptation that presents itself at your husband's place of work. But, I am VERY new to this whole detoxing thing BUT I DO KNOW that he will probably have to DECIDE for himself that he is not going to take them anymore. Like someone else said if you just are detoxing because you can't get any right now it probably won't work. YOU HAVE TO WANT to do it. I know I had to work up  to get to that point. Heck, I have over 100 vicodin sitting in my drawer as I type here. But for me I like knowing they are there and I AM CHOOSING not to take them if that makes sense. OK  I know I am definately not the best one to tell you what to do or not to do but GOOD LUCK to you and your family...I know my 2 1/2 year old grand daughter seems to LOVE her Grandma more since I am not on this drug. Everynight, last couple nights, when she comes over she drags me to the playroom for "art class" Before it seems she didn't want much to do with me. I LIKE THAT CHANGE. :) OK have a good day  Precious
How's that real world out there? SUCH a big step! AWESOME! That was something I was always afraid of before I was clean.."how am I going to do anything w/o a vicodin"?!  Well, you can and you do. You will feel like you did before the vicodin! The longer your off pills you won't think about it like that anymore. Yea for you! I hope you had a great day!!!    BTW, you know alot of the pain in my back is gone. Some still there once in a while, but now I am a believer of  'pill pain'. Not the case for everyone, but it was for me. I am thinking about all of you everyday...my best advice to this day? Hang in there because it really does get better!!!  xoxoxo to all.
Thank you for the insight about choice.  We've talked a lot - between his bouts of dry heaving- in the last 24 hrs.  I know that it's an availablity issue right now.  He's like that every time he tries to quit smoking too.  With this he's rationalizing that he'd never seek out drugs "on the street" and now, if he isn't fired, they'll assign him to a non narcotic position.  I told him about this site, but I don't think that he's ready to talk yet.  I feel like a bit of a proxy here.  But thank you for the choice angle.  That is key.  I'll try to talk about that with him tomorrow.  This is his 6th cold turkey.  He's only gone 3 weeks without using in the last year and a half and it's always just until he gets a patient that doesn't ask for his meds...Right now it's all about embarrassment for him, and I promised not to talk to friends and family.  This helps.
Ya know, I know how your hubby feels.  I have come close to being caught taking pain pills from other people.  I would have thought that coming close to being caught would be enough to make me stop but it never did.

When he’s ready, he will open up.  Oxy is some BRUTAL stuff to kick.  I know people who have had to kick it and let me tell you, get on your knees and thank God he got caught!  If it makes him quit consider it a God send.  I mean that in every sense of the term.  I have seen this stuff destroy lives and relationships.  If he was embarrassed enough to want to quit for having been caught, you don’t know how lucky you all are.  If he was in denial after getting caught, I would say you have a real problem on your hands.  

In the big picture this event will strengthen him and your relationship for having gone through it together.  I have to say, I am pretty impressed that you can maintain your ability to be non judgmental and being supportive of his issue.  I very much admire you for being able to do that.  It is a testament to how strong yours and his relationship is that he is going to undertake the very difficult task of overcoming this horrible addiction and you are going to allow him to reconcile his acts.

My guess is that they will help him seek some support to keep his job if he chooses to do so, it’s a good thing.  He is not, by any means, alone in a situation like this, it happens all the time.  It’s a stressful job and people do succumb to that stress.  
Hi, well on day 6 here and still NO VICODIN...YAHOOOO :) Slept until 8:00am today. NEVER in my life have I done that before. Although, did go to a college football game yesterday. It was SO neat to be out ALL day until like 10:30pm WITHOUT my little "pill". I didn't even have any on me so that felt good.  I can relate to your, BF, statement on the "pill pain". I DO believe the vicodin was what was causing a lot of my pain. I think when it starts to wear off you are in pain from the withdrawels and you pop another and another. I find the pain not as bad as I thought it would be without them. And I am sleeping SO much better. GOD BLESS THIS SITE. :) I honestly don't think I could have done this and even come this far without all the support on here. Thanks A LOT....Feel like the "fog" is lifting from my head, too. Did you feel that around day 6? It's like each day a layer of sheet is taken off my brain or something...lol lol Sorry, maybe not a good way to describe it but feels good whatever the heck is happening. OK just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Later Precious
Thank you for this.  I don't have time to write a lot - he's up and trying to down some vitamins and Pepto.  He's looking better today, but we have a long road and I know that.  I am glad that he was caught, and he said that he is too.  You're right about the denial.  He was brutally honest right away, and I think that's a good sign.  Thanks again.  
Day 6!  You are almost there. I feel the same about this site... it helped me beyond words. I can't even describe how much. The lifting of the 'fog' is just the beginning, I love the 'layer of sheet is taken off the brain'. So true. Yes, you are coming along just fine! You will also shake that vicodin control aspect of it too, and be able to do what you need to do and win the fight! Put your dukes up, gain your life back! We deserve that! Our bodies want that for us, and our minds as well! Keep us posted Precious! I think of you all everyday, every single day.... all of you, honestly.
Hey, do you take anything else or have you when you C/T the vicodin? Just wondered. Maybe you told me and I forgot. lol Brain still has a few sheets over it. :) Feeling a little shaky today for some reason. Not sure why, and I keep sneezing??? Is this the vicodin withdrawal thingy? The sneezing, I mean.  I just read a Soma post and man NOW I am thinking that might be harder for me to get off of than the vicodin BUT I AM DETERMINED...:) Hey, anything is possible if you PUT your mind to it, right? OK just wanted to touch base for the day. I am going out of town until Thurs. so may not be posting much unless my friend's computer is working. OK hope you and everyone else struggling with these pills is having a GREAT day....Thanks again ...Precious
Hey Pearl:

I did the two day sneeze too.  The reason you are sneezing is likely your body’s response to re hydrating and you’re having the beginning of a little post nasal drip.  This is pretty common in addition to bouts of diha rehia.  Lots and lots of water is the answer!

Make sure you stand up erect when you start sneezing to avoid throwing out your back or getting muscle aches.  Don’t bend over or roll your shoulders (I learned this the hard way).  I actually pulled a tendon in my back when I was having a sneezing attack.

A little bit of new information for all of my fellow rehabbers.  I have been doing a little research and guess what.....

If you get off the vicodin and are still taking other drugs for depression, or anti inflammatory BE CAREFUL!

The anti inflammatory can do as much or more damage to your stomach as the Vicodin (which will absolutely trash your stomach, liver and kidneys).  If you have been taking Vicodin for an extended period of time, be VERY careful about switching to Motrin, or even Naproxen over the counter or prescription.

With regard to anti depressants or even muscle relaxers.....again, many of our stomach's are in an impaired state from abuse of Vicodin.  Anti depressants and muscle relaxers can actually weaken the LES (Lower esophageal Sphincter) which is the one way valve that keeps the stomach acid in your stomach and out of your esophagus.  When this happens, you can develop acid reflux which can present itself in the early stages as bouts of coughing, the feeling that something is in your throat, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness of the voice and eventually heartburn to various levels.

Be aware that if you are feeling any discomfort in your esophagus, don’t discount the possibility of reflux or ulcer.  Caught early, are easily treatable.  If left unchecked can develop into some nasty stuff!  Anxiety adds to this condition as well so be careful and be aware of your digestive health. If you do get some heartburn, go easy on the harsh antacids, many contain aluminum and are not good for the kidneys over extended periods of time.

We are all going to go through joint pain, anxiety and tension while getting off this stuff.  Be patient and give your body time to adjust.  The goal here folks is to eliminate ALLpain killing pharmaceuticals, not just the ones that make you high.

Pain free from Mother Nature folks, that’s what we want!  That’s what we deserve!  
Good to hear from you! and I wanted to tell you how informative your post is. You are such an asset here because you go deeper into the long term affects of what drugs can do to our bodies and also reflect the internal affects from the drugs as well as the outward ones. Every input here is so needed for all of us.

Everyone: Have a strong evening and I will pray that you sleep if you pray that I will:) :) :)
Its my pleasure, taking into account that everyone is different, I am horrified at how quick the doctors are to prescribe meds that actually do more damage than good.  After all, that’s how 98% of us got hooked on vicodin, from a legitimate injury and a doctor who became our drug dealers.

I have lost 100% of my confidence in modern medicine.  With DDD and acid reflux, all I hear from any on these MD's is that there is not a lot that doctors can do to help short of massive invasive surgery.  They don’t even consider alternative treatments and actually discourage chiropractic care.  My chiropractor saved my life!  Had it not been for him, I would be in too much pain to work and what do these MD's do, try to give me more drugs.  At least the chiropractor is being proactive and helping me without poisoning me!

I will share all of my experiences with you and hope you can benefit from it.  If not for anything else, for encouragement that the doctors ARE NOT the LAST WORD!  You are and so am I.  There are so many alternatives out there and so many people who want to sell you **** too and get rich on our misery.  Depression, fear, anxiety, all of these things cause us to do things we would otherwise NEVER do and buy things we would NEVER buy.  Let’s throw away the fear and anxiety and get on with living.  Even if it’s tough right now, many have quietly gone down the road we have and done just fine.  We are the lucky ones to have each other to support and lean on and share notes with.

* Weeks into my recovery and now I can’t get enough sleep now!  LOL@@  I guess that means I am finally back to my old self!
I have been addicted to Oxy's for three years now, after a long taper I am now looking at day 3 tomorrow, I read this post and all here seem up and happy, so nice to see all of you such friends, what a great place to come for support and friendship.
Tom...
Well aboard Tom.  Congratulations on your brave decision to get your life back.  How are things going withdrawal wise, on day 3?
Hey, Greg!  Nice to hear from you!  OMG, you are so right about our doctors as drug dealers.  Everyone I've come to know on here started with a legitimate prescription.  My favorite line - "If you're having pain, you can't get addicted."

Uh....right.  NOT!

PS - loving the apple cider vinegar.
Hi Guys, I am on day 10 with NO vicodin and feeling better each day JUST like you guys said I would. I actually went to visit my best friend 60 miles to the north for 2 days WITHOUT ANY vicodins on me...THAT was a first BUT it sure felt good. My friend said she liked me BETTER on the pills. lol lol I guess I was "easier" to minipulate because I felt so good I didn't care WHAT we did. lol lol But yesterday I had my OWN mind and wanted to do a few things that I wanted to do. lol lol We laughed about it but it was a "real" natural high for me.  Still have the sneezes but am getting better at that. Hey, do you think being on day 10 I am pretty much out of the woods with this "evil" drug? I really do appreciate all the support and advice I received on this site. Hope everyone has a great day. Precious
Good Morning!

It was nice to hear that you had a good day. Congrats on day 10!!!

If by "being out of woods" you mean over the w/d's..you probably are coming to the end. But you will fight this disease for the rest of your life. Arm yourself with everything you can. Become diligent. Addiction is a sneaky little bugger. There are triggers around every corner.

For me, GETTING clean was the easy part...STAYING clean takes a lot of work.

Keep on keeping on....
Thanks Knight,
All is well here on day 3, you know, I woke up this morning and realized that I was very fortunate in my life, I have a great wife, two great kids, we can afford to live comfortably here in this great country and as a family we are generally happy. My health is fine short of this addition, and I know that I did something about this problem before it caused much trouble in my life. I didn't loose my wife over it or my kids, I didn't get busted and it hasn't caused much mental problems (though I did see the writing on the walls). I saw the disaster that was about to happen and took control. Yesterday I was feeling bad and depressed and that was stupid, I have a lot to thank and I am sure most of us do... I think the real trick here is to be positive, know what we are doing is by far the right thing to do, the only thing to do, and we have a lot to be thankful for.

I wish everybody here a great day.... Be strong...

Tom...

Day 11 now? Awesome! I would say you are very close to being out of the woods! Day 10 was big for me. Thats when I really started to feel a real change for the better. The sneezing may take a few more days, as the runny nose, etc. but the main flu-like syptoms should be nearly gone, if not gone! I know I can speak for everyone and say we are so happy for you! Doesn't it feel good? And it only gets better & better. I am so proud of you, this is wonderful news. Have a beautiful day and keep us posted!
Hi, WELL, made it to day 12 I guess it is, am sort of losing track now. YAHOOOOOOOO lol lol I am feeling better each day just like you said. I noticed the B12 sublinguel pills I take give me a little energy, so that is good. Hey, BF, did you notice any difference in your weight? I seem to be gaining a little this past week. First few days lost but maybe I am just getting the water back in my system, huh? Have to say it FEELS so GOOD NOT to depend on those darn pills and worry do I have enough with me etc etc You know. NOW, to evenutally come off the soma. Have cut those in like 1/2 per day so that's good, I guess. They do help me sleep. I take them later in the day. How are you kiddies? I give you credit going thru this single mom with 3 kids, young ones if my memory is right. YOU GO GIRL.....My hubby seems happier, too. Hmmmmmmmm I am wondering if it's because I stopped this vicodin thing....He called me "his little junkie" I DID NOT like that. But that was in the beginning when I wasn't even sure I'd make it thru or not. Now, I am thinking I will laugh when he says it. OK not really much more to report on this except I AM still sneezing but only a few times a day. Hope you ALL are having a GREAT day...The sun is starting to SHINE again in my life. Even my grandbaby notices. :) She's 2 1/2....Before she wouldn't come around me much on the vicoding but now as soon as they come over she grabs my hand and says "Come MiMi (that's me) :) let's do art.....:) I LOVE IT...LIFE IS GOOD and getting better every day. Thanks a BUNCH again. Precious
Hey, precious I haven't been around in a few days.  How are you doing??  I am so proud of you!  Let us know!

Best,

K/E
You and K/E are neck & neck!  lol  I see you are strarting to see the world in a new and better light! There IS normalcy after the pills. How are you feeling? Please let us know and I think of you guys everyday. I can't wait to hear your progress! Have a wonderful sleep!
I just got back from 2 days away visiting my best friend and my son/wife. SO nice to get away an NOT worry about the vicodin. I really sleep SO much better without that. Not sure if it's the soma at night or what but I love it. I am doing good, so far. Let's see it's like day17 for me I guess. YAHOOO Not much else to report right now. I'll write more later. Just wanted to drop in. Precious
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  Hope everyone is well.  We sure have come a long way haven't we?

Best to everyone.

K/E
I am doing good on the vicodin detox. Today is like day 22, I think, am losing track. :) But still take the somas and want to get off of those, too. One day at a time, right, as they say. How long has it been for you off the vicodin again? Still have no memory. I wish I could get my 23 year old daughter AND mother of 2 1/2 year old daughter to stop smoking the pot. Do you have any suggestions on that one? :) I think she self medicates herself as she acts so "together" when smoking the pot. Without it she's A MESS. OK any positive words there will be appreciated. Thanks Precious
I am on day 5. I've been reading all the post. It is so great to have people that are going thru the exact same thing. It helps sooo much. Remebering how I got started after a neck injury 4 yrs ago. I question the doctor about addiction, he put his arm around me and said its better for you to be addicted than in pain.  Once law suit was over and he got his money he said he couldnt see me anymore because of no insurance. Thats when i started buying on the streets. I couldnt believe I what I was doing. Dealing with people that sell crack and other ****. Could have ruined my life gone to jail, lost my business my house . Those pills were running my life. Always thinking do I have enough to finish this job, or to attend a get together. I just came back from walking my dogs and being outside, I justed wanted to scream I AM FREE. MY head seems to have cleared way ahead of my body. lol  My body still feels weak, lack of energy.  I am pretending that I had surgery and it will take time build up some energy. The flip-flopping at night is the worst part left. If I didnt have all of you saying how it will get better I never would have made it. I have company coming this weekend and it scares me. Don't know if i will be able to keep up. I think I am going to be honest with them and hope they understand that there might be times I just need to lay down. My montra for all this is that detox is number one and everything else can wait. Thank you all for everything.
WOW day 5...you are on the homestretch now girl....I found the first 3-4 days the hardest. But my Dr. had me on Buspar 3 times a day....Soma 3-4 times a day and the Vicodin 3-4 times a day so I still had a little help with the other 2 drugs but HOPE to be off of at least the Soma by Christmas. This is something you have to PSYCHE yourself up for. I did a month or so of research on this site and it, too, gave me the power to even TRY to stop the vicodin after a 7 year addiction "for pain" per my Dr. :) I haven't told him yet I am not taking it. Long story but he need not know yet. I can't wait til the day when he says "you are on your own getting off of them" IF indeed he will say that. Then I'll just say...OH OK. :)  The FREEDOM from the vicodin alone is so wonderful. You just keep on going. You are doing great. How many were you taking a day may I ask? I tell you if it weren't for Knight Errant and Breakingfree (2 people on this site) I am not sure I would have made it. This is a good place to be. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...Precious
HEY!!! How are you? I am happy to finally be back. Let me know how you are doing!!! I can't wait to hear the good news! What day are you on now? I am thinking of you....
I am ok except hubby got laid off of work. I slipped up and took some vicodin. I COULD KICK MYSELF for it and I know it was NO excuse after all that I went thru, Guess I should have been in more contact with this site. OK so guess I have to start all over again BUT I will do it.....Hope you are doing better than I am. :) This IS a battle isn't it? OK I'll write more later when I have something more positive to report. :) Precious
Precious Pearl:

PLEASE  PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Dont feel like your starting all over again.  You have come such a long way and every journey has a few detours!  

Having a loved one lose a job is a very trunatic expereance and its especially bad to have to watch a loved one go through it.  We all fall down in life Pearl, but the strongest of us dont stay down, we get up and keep forging ahaid!  Take if from someone who has fallen down plenty of times.

The only thing you lose if you fall down is a day of being clean, not your dignity, not your self respect!  If you chose to buckle and give in, than you lose those things, but if you fall down, get your *** back up on the horse and keep riding!  

This is your biggest test and you need to see it thourgh.  have lost my job 4 times in the last 4 years due to lay offs and the bad econemy and it really plays games with my head.  It makes me feel worthles and makes me feel physically sick.  You never get used to it.  My family got me though it with their love and support.

Give your hubby some of that love and support by respect him enough to focus your energy on his needs, not the need to get high to escape the stress.  I mean that in the most loving way, not to be judgmental.   If your man is anything like me, hes feeling a little hurt and scared right now.  He needs you more than you need Vicodin right now.  Focus on that and consider your fall from recovery a painfull day where you could not take the pain any more.  The newness of this tramatic situation can be the begining of your new adventure or the begin of your spiral down back into the hell of addiction.  Dont commemorate the day your man lost his job by becoming an addict again Pearl.  Make it the day you looked death in the face looked away for a second, than looked back with a smile and laughed!

Life throws us all curve balls and sometimes we get hit with them.  When life throws you a curve ball, and it hits you, drop the bat and run out to the mound and kick the $HIT our of it!  Dont hit yourself with the bat!  Your husband got hit by the crurveball of a crapy econemy and lost his job, hes going to go find a new one.  You got hit by Vicodin again.  What are you going to do, sit down at the plate and eat dirt?  

Your going to be fine Pearl, just pick up the bat and get back at the plate.  If life hits you again, run out there and fix it! Dont quit the game, you have come too far.  Its not starting all over, we all get do overs in life.  Dont kick yourself, dont be depressed, dont give it a second thought, just get back at the plate and get ready to hit the ball Pearl.  If anyone has an excuse, its you, but now you have used the excuse and its time to move on to help your Ol man.  

FYI to King and Breaking free, I watch this site every day, I have not forgotton about you all.  I have had some battles of my own to grind out over here too.  I hope everyone is well!
WOW THANKS I NEEDED THAT speech. YOU are right. My hubby NEEDS me now and I need to get back off these drugs. I KNEW I could depend on this site to help me. I will try tomorrow to STOP again C/T ...Lots going on this week...so I won't be able to lie in bed like the first time. So, Greg, it took you more than once to "kick" the habit? Hey, I am a sports fan, too, so can relate to the your "life throwing me curve balls" comments. I LOVE IT....You are SO right. He's been laid off before and the economy IS awful right now but we'll survive...Always have. Please keep your uplifting posts coming. I need all the help I can get right now. :) Thanks again ...Precious
Pearl:

Its a hundred times easier when you keep your mind busy!  You wont go throught the huge withdrawl like before, so buck up and stay busy and youll be fine!  

Ill be thinking about you so know that someone is throwing some "posative heat" at ya.  

Thanks again. It's hard for me to keep busy. I am retired a year now and a little bored but need to start some house projects that me and the hubby can do together. I have been taking the vicodin for a week now since he lost his job. Did get good news today, though, that he will be getting unemployement for 6 months so that is good to hear.  TRYING to psyche up to stopping it AGAIN. You really don't think it will be as hard this time? Actually, the first time wasn't that hard BUT I just layed in bed for 3 days and told myself I had the flu. I had been on it for SEVEN years.... Maybe if I PAINT the house that will keep me out of trouble IF I have the energy. lol Thanks again for all your UPLIFTING advice. I KNOW I NEED to stop it now..How long have you been off of it did you say? and did you only take vicodin? My Dr. has me on Soma, too. Ugh double trouble, huh. But I
remember my 5th day off the vicodin and how good I slept. I think the pills make you wake every few hours. OK thanks for your thoughts. Precious

PS I LIKE when you keep telling me "you'll be fine" I NEED to hear that. :) Thanks
!  Pearl:

As much as I hate to admit it, it took me several times to quit.  Each time was more difficult than the previous time.  It wasn’t as much the physical symptoms as much as it was the emotional scars that it continued to place on me.  Having to break the cycle so many times took its toll on me emotionally.  The physical symptoms were as bad as the length of time I was back on when I relapsed.  The body continues to adapt as your body makes changes to accommodate the drugs it’s ingesting.  

Pearl, just think of the most resounding effects you undergo when you’re on vicodin.  The digestive system takes a huge hit as constipation and dehydration occurs.  Your liver and kidneys are really stressed as your body is allowing valuable hydration to pass without helping replenish your body.

Your joints are going to dry out and the older you are, the more likely you are going to suffer from the effects of osteo arthritis.  This is what happened to me.  The loss of natural lubrication in your joints will cause them to be compromised.

Pearl, this is an important time.  You need to really think hard here.  One week back is not going to kill you, but you really need to stop!  You have come way too far and your body is going to get confused going on and off of this stuff.

No matter what you do, never quit quitting

Its been about 3 months for me this time and I am feeling pertty good.  My body is normanizing despite the pain from joint issues.  When the pain is bad, I use Darvaset becaue it does not dope me up as much and the side effects are not as extreme.  I have gone for as long as 6 months and still went back but man do I regret it!  Each time was a painful adventure for me that I just cant undergo again.  What screwed up my sleeping was the constent urinating from dehydration not to mension the muscle twitching and dryness.  
THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your advice. I KNOW I need to STOP it. I have a "sleep apnea" test scheduled for this Sunday night where they monitor you all night in the hospital to see if you have sleep apnea. I am thinking it's just the drugs. But I always wanted to get this done and am trying to do stuff while I still have hubby's insurance. Scheduled a colonscopy the day before Thanksgiving, too. Well, it has to be done and I KNOW I need to get off these drugs. Hubby is depressed over losing his job and you are right I am masking the pain of all that's going on here. Thanks for telling me you had to try several times as I felt like a failure. I have told no one I relapsed yet except my hubby. He sounded kind of disappointed but I told him I would try again. I think I need to just stop BOTH the vicodin and soma at the same time or just take a coule somas at night. I NEED to psyche up AGAIN for this endeavor. I KNOW I need to stop this merry go round. Thanks for your support...I MEAN IT...Precious
pearl:

You guys are going to be fine.  If you dont mind me asking, what did your husband do for a living?
what part of the country are you guys from?  Maybe I can help.  Maybe someone out here can help you guys out.  

I do feel for you guys.  I got laid off several months ago and was scrambling to get all my medical stuff done before my insturance ran out.  I was really freaked out.  That was a terrible time to quit, know what I mean?

Well, I will light a candle for you guys and please keep us in the know.
Hubby is in the union so he has to wait on the "list" and we live in South Florida. Do you know anyone who C/T off of soma AND vicodin at the same time? I REALLY want to do this once I psyche myself up for it. The first time I went off the vicodin (only time so far) I stayed on the soma a couple at night but slowly took more and more of those. But I didn't feel much different stopping both of them at the same time. I am having trouble finding people who have C/T off both of these drugs at the same time. Thanks again for your help and candle. Precious
Hey! I missed you! I just wanted to let you know I c/t'd twice before the final try, and I did it the 3rd time. It has to come from your gut as I told you before. There is always something thats going to 'come up' to try to push you back into taking the pills. If you really stop and give it some thought, it doesn't make anything better. You are the only one that knows if you are ready to take it on and stop for good. You'll know it, and go in it with both guns drawn! Never stop trying and hang in there Precious!
GOOD to hear from you. I KNOW I need to PSYCHE up again on this battle. It was nice to hear it took you a couple of tries. My NEXT one will be off of BOTH of the meds at once. I KNOW I CAN DO IT...NEED to but for right now still trying to Psyche up and keep unemployed hubby afloat. UGH what a time for him to lose his job but I KNOW that was NO excuse for me messing up. OK I hope you are still doing great. YOU were my role model and Greg and Knight Errant. I HOPE to feel up to trying it again. Need to have a few days set aside to get the "flu" again. How long after your 1st slip up did you try to stop again if you don't mind me asking. OK thanks again for all the support. Precious
Hey everyone:

Hope all is well with everyone.  Its a sleepless night over here.  Bad couple days!  Recovery can really suck when you are really hurting and cant take heavy pain meds.  Its a rough world out there folks, watch your step!
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. What kind do you have? Back pain? I am headint to the hospital tonight to have a sleep apnea test done. I hope I don't have it but wake so much and hubby says I snore so I am finally having the test done. Still haven't phyched up to C/T off the meds yet. THAT is coming, though. I need to find 4 days in a row of NOTHING to do. Hard to do around the holidays, huh. BUT I WILL do it again. OK thanks for all the support on here. Hope you feel better, Greg...Hi Breakingfree, too. Precious
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/getting-off-of-vicodin/show/42951
I been taking vs for 4 years now and need to STOP bad I'm lost and don't know where to start. I just found this place and everyone seem support to help, but I'm trying to find the main page to get stared and find out what to do. If anyone know where to start on here or diff forum let me know. ***@****