Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Kicking tramadol HELP

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Kicking tramadol HELP

Dear substance (ab)users,

I have been using tramadol IR hcl for over 1/1.5 years on and off. Most of the time I used the drug for like a month, then cold turkey and after a week or something I tell my self.. hey, one time a week wont  be a problem right? After that I get hooked again and this cycle has repeated itself many times. I use between 250-400 mg a day, never more than 400, but I used everyday the last month. Right now Im really really done with it and this time I trew away a very big stash worth like €500,- and a lot of highs, just because I am so done with this ****.

I am doing a fast taper at the moment, starting with 200 mg today, 100 tomorrow and 50 the day after. Then Ill probably quit and face the full withdrawals ( this is the way Ive done it many times before). This time however there is absolutely no chance for me to get any tram again because I bought them in bulk from someone whom I probably wont be able to see anymore in my life. This means my tramadol habit will finaly be over for real, and not just for one or two weaks to get rid of the withdrawals and then start using again.

I also have loperamide which I will try for the first time, and I have a stash of oxazepam which I will use as a sleepaid in the first couple of days, and after that also get rid of. I have nothing with those stupid benzos, but I found out in previous tries that being able to sleep helps alot in the first couple of days with the lethargy and also depression etc. At last I have a bunch of vitamins, lots of gatorade and a bottle of 5-htp and some johnsworth, but I dont think I will use that last one because I dont want another ssri in my system.

I am a 20 year male btw and a university student and one of the reasons I need to clear myself of tram is because it has ****** up my motivation and grades from the last halfyear so badly that I might be kicked out of university.  

I would really appreciate the support from other (ex)(ab)users, because this time I am getting pretty anxious about the depression and about what I should do after detox when there is absolutely no way getting back on tram this time.

Greetings,

Arnoud
You need to taper this med slowly.  Seizures are a concern and can happen at any given time.  We have members here who have successfully come off this.  I will look a couple of them up.
thx for your reply Dominosarah. I am aware of the fact that this med should be tapered off slowely, but at the moment I have only 350 mg left so slow taper is not an option anymore. Next to that I have cold turkeyd succesfully before and I know that Im not prone to seizures, so im not to afraid for that to happen:)

I also have benzo's as told which I could use in the first couple of days to decrease the chance of getting a seizure.

Tonight I will take my first 20 mg of oxazepam as a sleepaid, and tommorow I will reduce my intake to 50mg tram in the morning and 50 mg tram in the evening.

Ps: I would be very thankfull if you could look up some of those who where succesfull in quiting this drug, I would get alot of strenght from just talking to them.

I have already sent a message to one of the ladies for you.
Thank you very much, I really apreciate what you are doing for me :)
That's what we do here,we help everyone out :)
Ok, I'm here!  Let's see.......is it possible to speak with a doctor?  I went cold turkey, and I would honestly not advise anyone to go that route!  Also, in order to taper slowly, you could half or quarter your pills.  Going down 100 mg a day isn't a taper anyway.  That's just taking less and stopping, right?  

As far as the benzos go, I'm assuming you know what could happen when we quit one addictive drug and start another?  I see what you're saying about not liking benzos, but I didn't either.  I could certainly learn to like it though! Just be extremely careful.  In fact, if you decide to take them, you should throw out all but a couple of days worth.  It just cuts down on the possibility of taking them until they're gone, because you feel like crap!  And......you will!  I've never talked to anyone who quit tramadol and didn't feel like death!  If you threw out the tramadol, throwing out most of the benzos shouldn't be an issue for you.  Honestly, I don't think they'll even help much, but that decision is one you'll have to weigh out!  I wouldn't take the chance.  

Talking to your doctor is really best!  It's doable cold turkey, but you should be prepared for misery.  It's probably the sickest I've ever been in my entire life!  Also, if you have ANY underlying health issues like high blood pressure, heart problems, stomach problems, lung or diabetes, you REALLY REALLY REALLY have to be checked out before you do this.

I'm just trying to keep you safe and look out for you here.  Be careful with this stuff.  It's very dangerous!  I've been clean for a few years from it, but it was still one of the hardest things I've ever done.  Just remember to try to set yourself up for success in any way possible.  : )

OH.....just remembered something you wrote.  As far as St John's Wart, definitely NO on that one.  You could get seratonin syndrome from it.  Once you have been clean for a week or so it'll be fine though.  The vitamins are a good idea......especially Super B Complex and a Cal-Mag-Zinc supplement.  Gatorade and apple juice helped me SO much.  You seem to already know about keeping yourself hydrated! :)
Dear LeaAnn807,

first of all thank you for your wonderfull reply. It is not really possible to see a doctor for me, because I have kept my addiction secret to anyone but myself (and for the very first time I trust some of it to a forum like this) . Seeing a doctor in the country I live in means getting a notition on your medical record and that wont do much good in the future...

You are right about the 'taper' being to fast, but I thought it would be better than just ct after my 400 a day habbit. Maybe it would be smart to take it a little slower like you said. Like 150 tomorrow, 100 the day after, 50 after that, then 25 for two days and then I'm out of pills.

About the benzos, very good Idea. I'm going to think about the amount I need to help me sleep and the rest wil leave the house as soon as possible. If there is one thing I really dont want it is a benzo addiction, because I do think the withdrawals from those are realy frightening (delirium and such).

May I ask how long you have used this drug and how long it took you to get rid of the withdrawals when you went cold turkey?

I wont take the ST John's Wart to fight the possible depression as you said because of the dangers of serotoninsyndrom, but would it be okay to supplement with 5-htp if needed?

Thanks for your help, I think this will make it alot easier for me than the past times, because being all alone with things like this is pretty awwful.
Btw the reason I didnt do a serious taper this time is because I tried that before and its just to hard for me to ignore the pills when they are in the house so that just does not work for me. I agree cols turkey is hard and might even be dangerous but it worked for me before so I trust on that. the main thing Im afraid of now is the life after detox, because I have never been clean of tram for any longer then 3 weeks...
Hi and good for you. I am off Tramadol but not clean yet. Sort of designing my own process based on what I have, too.

I totally understand where you are with being done and why. These drugs (Tramafol in particular?) just ***** the life and personality out of us. Then we end up stuck, not wanting to put our selves and our loved ones through the additional misery required to get to the other side-to get clean. So we sort of stumble along in a stupor, trying to figure out what to do. It's hell.

I love reading the posts from those who have gotten through stopping these pills.

About the serotonin risk after Tramadol, I read that after five half lifes a drug's amount is deemed insignificant, and I added things that acted on serotonin after that time. Please don't take my word for it... but maybe someone else can chime in? Seems like an important question as there are so many things that act on serotonin, even unintentionally.

Best of luck to you! You can do this!
Ok, I'm in the car on my way home to my laptop, so bare with my typos! Lol  

We know that there's no exact or perfect way to detox, but we all have to eventually figure out something or keep being miserable and then die addicted!  I thought that I would. Didn't happen!!!

You asked how long until I was over the WD?  I'd say that by only staying clean for 3 weeks, you were always just shy of seeing your miracle and having your life back!   Basically anyway. It took me about a month to start sleeping more than an hour here and there. And about a month to have any appetite. Energy took a while too!  I took Super B Complex and could actually tell it helped. I'm not usually a vitamin girl but was willing to try anything, because I was miserable!  Another thing that helped me was forcing myself to keep moving. I knew the time of day that I would get most tired and made sure I was busy then. That made a difference!  

The worst of my opiate WDs was always over in 3 days, but Tram takes a little longer because of its slightly longer half life. Usually took about 5 days for me to get thru the absolute worst symptoms. I knew that I could handle anything after the worst part was over. You can too!!  A perfect Tramadol taper would take weeks and weeks. You would likely feel kinda rough the whole time. I don't blame you for your decision even though it's not the best or safest way. Hard for me to tell someone else that they have to do something that I didn't do, BUT I'll say that it's safer and more comfortable to take it slowly with the taper.

There are definitely things you can buy to make it easier.  You mentioned "the country that you live in."  Where do you live?  Maybe there are things available there that could help?
Killerzoey: how do you mean you are of trams but not clean? Thx for replying and I will keep the serotonine thing in mind :)

LeaAnn: wow it took you a month to get some sleep? You must have taken it for a long time in high doses didnt you? I know I will feel bad to the next two weeks but in the past my sleep was pretty okay after 6 or 7 days in detox...

As I am experienced with the short term pain of detox I am really not all to afraid of that... rifht now I am thinking what will be there after this... because I never went without them for more then 3 weeks so I dont reallt know how its going to be mentally :(

Thx for your replies!
I forgot to mention Lea, I live in Europe, the Netherlands. I just don't want any info that could conflict with my future carreer to get out in the open.

OTC sups I have at the moment:
Loperamide
Vitamin C 1500
MultiVitamin
B complex
5-htp
Sint Johns Wart (not going to take that)
Gatorade to stay hydrated

I also have oxazepam which I will probably use to aid in sleep and maybe low dose to help with the restlesness during the day as told. I have calculated how much I should need for one full week and threw the rest away just like I did with my neverending stash of tram ;)

If there is anything you recommend for me to buy I would appreciate to hear it :)

Btw tonight I slept fine but this morning I started to feel some of the w/d. I took 10 mg Loperamide and an hour later my 100 mg tram dose. Right now I feel totally fine, so if it stays that way I will not take anymore today and cut furtheron to 50 or 75mg tomorrow.

thx for reading and replieing you all!
just wanted to say congrats to you for wanting to take you life back!  you are still young and have your whole life ahead of you.....we can give you support thru WDs...and then afterward as well....aftercare etc....which you will need.  

Wishing you the best of luck!  i know you can do it....just stay strong and keep us posted on how you are doing!  
I do indeed think that I might need some aftercare, I just dont know where to get it but here. I just really dont want to get this into the open because I know that will affect my life later on. Thats why I kept it to myself only for al this time.

This forum is a gift from above because finaly talking to others about my troubles really seems to help.
Hi and Welcome.   I too have come off Trams.   I didn't use them long term as it was more of a substitute when I couldn't get my drug of choice.   Tram wd is physically and mentally harder than opiate wd.   But it can be done and you know what to expect.   Get some epsom salts to soak in a nice hot bath for the creepy crawlies, restless legs/arms and anxiety.   Also get some magnessium.  It will help with the restless and achey (achy) leg muscles.   For sleep, try some melatonin or valerian root.    Good job on flushing!  You can't take what you don't have, right?   :)  
well lets just get you thru the taper and WDs...then we will talk about aftercare....but please keep it in the back of your mind for sooner than later....some people know about my addiction and some family doesn't so i know how you feel but i do think it's a must...aftercare of some kind.
Just checking to see how you are doing this morning.  I am glad to see you are getting some good help and support here.  This is your safe place so keep talking with us~
Just want to say congratulations on your decision to get off this nasty drug for good!  I have been clean for 51 days today.  I don't have too many physical w/d symptoms anymore other than some occasional anxiety and trouble sleeping.  My biggest problem is lack of energy; though once I am up and doing something I am usually fine.  I also took this drug much, much longer than you on much higher doses.  The 3rd/4th day of withdrawal were the worst for me, with most of the physical "sickness" over in about a week.  Even after using (off & on) for about 15 years, I felt considerably better after a few weeks clean.  Just the fact that I did it is a VERY powerful motivator.  I am sure you will experience this kind of positive feeling as well, and given your (much) shorter usage time, hopefully the physical symptoms will subside quickly.  Unfortunately, in any case it will not be easy.  This is a powerful little pill that just does NOT give up easily.  Many people suffer emotional issues after the w/d's are gone - depression, lack of energy, etc.  That is why this place is so valuable.  You will always have someone to talk to and a place to learn tons of helpful information.

Good luck in the upcoming days - you can do this for sure (as you already know :)  Drink lots of water and (if available to you) take some long soaks in the tub.  That was by far my most comforting thing in those first days!
thx you all,

I find that the bathing helps indeed, tried it many times before. Don't know if the vitamins will really do something but I'll keep taking them. I will also do light exercise to speed up the process a bit and battle the lack of energy in time.

Right now it is evening in here and I feel pretty tired, I had no real bad w/d so tomorrow I will cut down my dose to 50 mg and then stop :)

Ps: I have an exam for my study (psychology) tomorrow so I am a bit stressy and I am definitely having trouble with my concentration atm, but I'll just push trought and I'll let you know how I feel and how it went tomorrow! Thx for listening !!
I feel for you in your stressful situation. There is never a good time t o come off Tramadol unless you have zero responsibilities.

To answer your question, what I meant by I am not clean is that I am using hydrocodone (a.k.a. Norco, Lortab, Vicodin) to ease my withdrawals for now. At first I didn't think I'd need it this long (it's been 11 days) but I think it took a while for the antidepressant (?) aspects of the Tramadol to really become strong. So while I'm clearly experiencing withdrawal from either the SNRI in the Tramadol or the higher opioid activity I've been accustomed to, or both, I'm maintaining on hydrocodone for now, as low a dose as I can get away with, so that I can function. I am a single parent and the breadwinner for my family. If you'd like to see my experiences, random and misguided as they may be, my post is "Trying to Quit Tramadol", on this board.

It seems we find our own way through this one with the right determination. It's a nasty drug.
Sounds like you're doing well so far!  If you can find a supplement that's three in one called Cal-Mag-Zinc, definitely get that too!  I took four morning and night and helped me SO much!  I started potassium pills kinda late in WD because of leg pain, so you might want to start that if you usually have leg cramps.  I had a horrible case of that.  My legs would KILL me!

To answer your question.....yes.....I took very high doses each day for a very long time when I stopped.  The WDs didn't last a month and wasn't awake for a month, but it was a month before I started sleeping through the night, or at least like six straight hours without waking up! : )  

Try not to compare your detox to anyone else's.  You could be fine in a week and have absolutely no symptoms!  I sure hope so!
Just wanted to second the minerals thing. I may have been greatly relieved by taking magnesium and potassium last night.

Have you seen the Thomas Recipe for detox? It also includes Tyrosine and some other things you might find useful. Not sure if you can get them where you are, though.
zoey: I read your log and I find that we are in pretty much the same boat.. what do you mean with 'but I think it took a while for the antidepressant (?) aspects of the Tramadol to really become strong'. ?

I had my last pil of 50 mg this morning and went to the university to kill my exam. It went well but I was shaking like maddnes (its snowing and freezing here) so that didnt really help:)

I'm out of pills now, so I quess this is where the fun parts starts. Tomorrow I can say I'm clean, altought it probably wont be all to comfy I'm still looking forward to it, not afraid. Will dish this **** once and for al
Hey
Just wanted to offer you support.  Tramadol does have an anti-depressant in it and that's why it's harder to kick than other opiates.  It's kind of a double whammy.  If you find yourself really feeling down, know that it will pass.
I am in Canada and know lots of DeGroot's.  Wonderful people lol.
They are very strong too so I know you've got this.
Stay strong and keep posting for support.
okay today I hit zero pills. Im officially sober now. Last night the withdrawals hit me, while I was in bed and felt really tired, all of a sudden my heart started to race and I felt like I had to vommit. I got scared like **** and felt dizzy to. I didnt sleep to well... took me a while to calm down again.

Right now it is early afternoon here and I feel pretty sick, and also a bit emotional. My bones ache but nothing to bad:) I was pretty shocked yesterday when my heartrate seemed to double out of the blue and actually I think I got so nausious because of the anxiety... I'm still nausious right now but I can handle it. Hope this wont get any worse, but we will see. There is no point of return so lets just hope my body and spirit can kick this drug quickly
Hey just wanted to offer you my support and encouragement. I recently went through kinda the same thing but it tram and vicodin. The tramadol was pretty hard to get off of. The first 3 days are really bad, I won't sugar coat it but every day after that gets better.

I'm like a month clean and I can say that I can sleep well if I stick to a schedule but my sleep is pretty messed up naturally even without drugs. I was taking about the same as you..between 400-600mgs/day. The first 3 days are as worse as it gets. Once you get past that it gets easier. Then it's just a mental game.

Hot baths with epsom salt helped, any natural supplements that calm your mind. I'd be careful with any benzos though, those are addictive in their own right. The hard part about getting off Tramadol is basically it's like detoxing from an Opiate and an Anti-Depressant at the same time. A taper would make it easier but I understand what you're saying as I could never stick to one either. If you can get any natural supplements that will help with the anxiety such as L-Theanine it will help calm your mind for at least an hour or two. I tried the loperamide to during detox from tramadol but not sure how much that helped as tramadol is not a true opiate per say but it doesn't hurt to try since you have them already. Just remeber to try to get some food or lots of juice, water, etc. I know for me eating is not possible for the first few days but if you can then it will help you out.

Trust me I thought I was going to literally die when detoxing but by the 4th or 5th day I felt ok..not great but relatively ok. It does take awhile to feel completely normal. It's been a month for me and I'm still adjusting and have cravings mentally but it takes time I guess right?

Anyways dude want to wish you good luck and keep posting! You will get past this! Looks like you have alot of good things to look forward to, keep all that in mind in the next few days :)
I completely feel your pain. I was originally on tramadol for shoulder pain, 2 years ago. I have only been able to get off it once, with the use of Vicodin because that would help with the muscle aches and anxiety. That only lasted for a week, then I wasn't on anything. The insomnia, tiredness, the lack of any motivation got to me. So I went back on it. I actually went back on it to help me get through school, deal with a 1 year old, work and take care of my home. It helped give me the energy, then I would pop a bunch at night to get that high and finally be able to relax. I've tried stopping a few times on my own but the withdrawal was hell. The shakes, cold sweats, diarrhea, insomnia, restlessness, whatever you could think of was happening. I finally was confronted by my husband. I had to drop this habit. I was spending way too much money on it. I finally realized I needed professional help. I have started the process of outpatient rehab, but not knowing that was going to take so long to get started I started to panic. I was almost put of pills and wasn't sure where I was going to get them on short notice. So I talked to my family who helped me come up with a game plan. I am now taking clonazep am, an anti anxiety drug. It is also habit forming but the doctor has me on a tight leash until I can get into a rehab program. It's not a cure, but it does help with the anxiety and other withdrawal symptoms. I have also started going to AA meetings. I've been told NA meetings around me haven't been very conducive to getting and staying sober. And as a couple people told me, the only requirement for AA is a desire to stop drinking... I've only gone to three meeting so far, but when they say alcohol, I substitute the word pills in my head. It has been a god send. I like to take the tramadol at night to relax. Instead, I force myself to go to a meeting and after an hour of just listening to people I feel so much better and my urge has reduced. The urge hasn't gone away, and I can't sleep worth crap right now, but every day it gets easier. And trust me, it's not easy. I have a 2 year old, a full time job, and my husband is rarely around because of his job. But I make myself do it because I don't want to be trapped anymore. Keep plugging away. Ask for help. I have always thought I could solve my own problems. I was wrong with this one and am so grateful to have reached out for help. It has saved me. I know I have a long road ahead, but it really does get easier every day. One thing they teach in AA is one day at a time. Only focus on getting through one day at a time. If you can get through today without using, you're doing great!!
hang in there hon.....i know it s**cks...but you can fight thru this....i know you can....we are here for you  :)
All of the things you are feeling right now are completely normal.  It may even get a little worse over the next 24-48 hours, but from there it is all uphill.  The best thing you can do is try to keep yourself busy (I know it's not easy when you feel like this).  You will probably have a hard time sleeping for the next few nights, but this too will pass.  Try to eat something if you can & get as many fluids as possible.  Can you get Vitamin Water where you are? The "Revive" formula (fruit punch flavor I think) is great for this early w/d time.  It has a lot of potassium and electrolytes in it; stuff your body needs right now.  I personally am not a fan of flavored water at all, but I read about it (here I think!), and I won't ever be without it from now on - even a couple months clean, I still try to drink some every day.  It helps so much with the restless/anxious feeling.  Maybe something similar if you cant get that exact product(?).  

The achiness is really common too.  Long, hot tub soaks and Motrin helped me a lot with this.  Are you feeling any sweatiness or hot/cold flashes?  This was so bad for me, I think I changed my clothes like every few hours those first few days.  Do you have something for anxiety and the racing heart feeling?  Benzo's can be dangerous too (addiction potential), but if you do have something like this available to you it can really help.  Just try to use them sparingly in these first few days of w/d and then get rid of them!  If the anxiety/racing heart gets too bad maybe you should go to a medical clinic/walk in (whatever you have near).  There are meds they can give you for this temporarily to avoid your blood pressure going too high.

In any case - YOU ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO BEING OVER THESE WICKED PILLS!!!  Take one hour at a time - you WILL get through this; tramadol free life is just around the corner.  At the very worst, the w/d is still not as bad as a lifetime chained to a drug that wants to (& will) eventually take everything from you.  Hang in there!

Ugh-you're in the thick of it now, eh? I feel for you, but at least you're in the full blown battle now and that much closer to feeling good. I still have that to do. What I meant about it taking a while for the antidepressant aspects to become strong is I feel like it took a few days to feel certain symptoms that felt AD related, based on previous discontinuation...crawling intense skin, ringing in ears, cold sweats, etc.  But there is overlap between opiate like wd symptoms and AD wd symptoms, so I can't be sure.

I'll be thinking of you today and wishing you luck. Take good care.

Oh-and way to go on your test :)
hey guys,

Still alive :) Yesterday I was feeling very sick, but right now its also very mentaly. I'm feeling very down and tired and I cant wait for this to end.

Actually I'm so tired that I almost cant type this :( So this post is a bit short but I cant help it right now.

I will update this message when I have a bit more energy:) x
Day 3 still going strong. Mentally its so heavy... I am very depressed and feel like crying al the time. Hope that will pass soon :) Physically its not to hard right now, so thats good!

does anyone know how long it will take before you get a bit better mentaly? Energy is much better today but I just feel so amazingly down :( Like life had no value and I'm non-stop thinking of my ex girlfriend etc... This is hard hard hard
I am so happy to hear that you are making it through!  It sounds like you are getting over the physical part - that does usually peak for people about day 3/4.  I know the mental part is so hard. You just have to stay strong and know that it is just going to take some time.  It WILL get better.  You are so young and weren't really on the Tram that long.  The best thing to do is anything that will keep you busy and your brain occupied.  Can you get outside and go for a walk or do some kind of physical exercise?  This always helps me even if I have to drag my lazy butt off the couch to do it.  Getting some fresh air outside is best (don't know what your climate is like where you are?).  It is about 20 degrees and snowing where I am :(  Even inside; watch a funny movie or listen to music - anything that you enjoy doing.  In any case, please know that things will slowly get better.  It is not easy, but SO worth it - a Tramadol free life is in your very near future.  It is awesome that you have gotten through the worst part - those first few days . . . congratulations - be proud of yourself!
okay LOL!

guess what happend today. I was texted by a friend: hey bro I got some tramadol left I dont need it do you know anyone or wouls you buy it for 5 euro?'  haha you have to know this no one knows about my habits and never in al this time someone offert me some tramadol and now when I dexided to quit for life suddenly a friend apears out of the blue with the stuff.

THE IRONY, like somekind of a test to see if im really ready orsomeyhing

oh btw ofcourse i declined the s hit, no doubt bout it
OMG you passed the test with flying colors!!!  And - love the way you said that you were offered tram "now that I decided to quit for life".  That is the best thing I have heard all day!  Good for you :)
trams made me loose my focus and motivation at u iversity to the point i almost got kicked for something i worked for years on hard as hell. I trew away alnost 500 euro worth of tramadol when I started my taper as you might have read. And let me tell you this I am pretty broke (20 y student...) so that is alot of money to me.
the drug made me weak, my mind and my body. It made my physical condition get below zero and my soul numbed.

I would be out of my mind to accept this drug again into my life.

The choice has been made, point of return does not exist.

No doubt about it
You are doing SO good.....and passing TESTS, too!! LOL  Good on ya!!
okay itsnin the middle of the night and I woke up having a high fever headache bodypains and I havrnt been able to sleep since... it seems to go up and downnwith this **** because right now its more physically then mentaly again...

dont think there will be sleep for me tonight because I am not willing to take sleepaid anymore (as I ould use it one week max)...

hope there is someone oine to chat to atm:p

x
Hey there--I'm here. Sorry you're feeling poorly. Could you really be coming down with something, maybe?

I'm having an exhausted, down day, and feeling sweaty and clammy again/still. Not bedtime here yet, though.

What sleep aids were you taking last? Might you consider some melatonin?
hey guys,

last 2-3 days I have been feeling pretty sick, but I think it is something on top of the w/d bcause it really feels like a heavy virus infection (influenza).

I have been experiencing high fever, runny everything, bit of a out of the world feeling, sore troath... coufing and sneezing al the time and heavy headaches :( Have not slept to well for the last 2 days, been awake almost all the time. Mentally its up and down, physically its sick as **** but as I said I think its not only the w/d right now.

Btw I'm on day 5 :)

Hope I'll catch some sleep tonight, because being sick is much worse when battling insomnia.
I'm sorry you're sick on top of the withdrawals! Can you take the next few days off life? I sure hope so! Do you have any non-addictive aids to help you sleep? I hope you feel better soon.
oh this ia getting worse and worse (not the w/d I thibk but the sickness) still no sleep and 40degree (celsius) fever. pain in my face and bosy eveeywhere. this is day 4 of being sick and day 6 of tram:)

btw i got some melatonin, will give it a try tonight
You may have to see a doctor as this flu is a b!tch.  Sinus infection has been the big one around here now.  Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids.  You dont want to get dehydrated.

Congrats on 6 days clean!!  Feel better~
Quite often withdrawals feel like a very bad flu.  I always seem to get bad cold like flu symptoms.  Achey (achy) all over, you name it I got it.
You are doing really well and have a very determined attitude.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
Do you get a fever with WDs though? That seems like a pretty high fever. Let's see...gotta get my Yankee calculator...holy cow 104 degrees? That is getting into scary range. I hope you'll see a doctor  :'(
I called my doc and he said there was no thing he could do about it... he said this flu is extremely cruel and alot of people get it right now.

Personally I think because of the stress and the w/d my imunesystem isnt functioning to well so I got very prone to this heavy flu.

Btw I have noticed something else coming along since yesterday. I am experiencing symptoms which I also feel a day after taking MDMA, which is caused by very low serotonine levels. I'm getting shivers trough my whole body when thinking of the most normal thinks (very sentimental, in good and bad ways.) For instance when I think of a good concert I get the shivers and when I think of my ex gf I get em to.

These symtoms (symptoms) are common to me as I always have them for a couple of days after using MDMA, but right now I havent used for 8 months or so. I'm just thinking has the tramadol ******* me up so bad that it caused extreme serotonine depletion? + if so, is there anyone who can tell me how long this might last?

Any help would be great :)
Btw I dont mean the normal shivers which are common with opioid withdrawals but the shivers which go from my brain al the way trough my spine when Im comfronted with something which is related to good/bad emotions, and which make me feel like crying
Sounds like you have the flu which is bad timing when going through wd.   Or maybe it's good so you get it all done and over with at once!    I always seem to get sick after getting through wd.   ugh!    

Your seratonin levels are depleted right now, so the shivers are part of your natural emotional responses returning.   Welcome to the feeling world again!   It takes a while for our brains to balance back out when it comes to our emotions.   It's normal to feel depressed, think about bad things that have happened, get emotional over things that normally don't bother us, etc.    I was watching a movie once and there was some roses on a table that reminded me of my favorite rose bush I used to have, and I got all weepy eyed over it.   Just go with it.  
Thanks for your quick reply:) Do you know how long this state of extreme emotions last? When I have taken MDMA usually it takes 3 days (when I sleep good). Right now I have been battling insomnia for a couple of nights so I think that has to do with it to...
The extreme emotions seemed to peak during the first week then subside.  Everyone is different on how they recover emotionally afterwards.   It depends on how long one was using and what.   But everyone does go through periods of PAWS.   (post acute withdraw symptom)   The severity and  how long they last also has much to do with what you were using and how long again.    PAWS is when acute withdraw symptoms randomly appear out of nowhere, one at a time as your brain is resetting itself.   Depression and anxiety are the biggest ones.   I would get yawns, sneezing, sweats and tummy problems and freak out thinking I was starting all over again, then they would disappear rather quickly.   Sometimes within minutes.   Your lack of sleep is affecting all this right now since sleeping is the way our bodies and brains heal.    Right now you are probably feeling like your body needs a new head and your head is wanting a new body, right?   LOL!     It does get better.  
Oh...and I was just listening to a tip on the radio for when you have the flu.   They said you can cut up to 4 days off your healing time by soaking in a hot bath at least once a day for 20 minutes.   Something to do with raising the core body temperature killing the virus and the steam opening up your sinuses.   It can't hurt!   :)    
Wow! thx for the tip on the flu!

I have read about the PAWS, not to afraid of that tough. My biggest isue are the shivers now. I just put on a youtube musicvid and I tought to myself, well this will probably make me shiver. Wel 2 sec later my whole face brain and spine where shivering :P The feeling is awefull... a bit like electricity.

How long are you clean if I may ask, and of which drug?

thanks for your help!
Are you having 'brain zaps'?   I would get those coming off Tramadol.    I have abused all the opiate drugs out there, but my choice is Norco 10's.   I'm fairly new to having clean time (yet again).   I quit counting days so that I wouldn't focus on it, but I was at 30 days at the beginning of the month.  
I dont know if its brain zaps... I dont know if you have ever done MDMA (maybe in your earlie days:P) but it feels like that the days after (when serotonine is depleted). It feels like electricity but it doesnt come totaly random, it is triggered by things that raise certain emotions, which would normaly not really affect me (or in a good way but not like this)

I am sure not to touch tramadol ever again, this serotonine **** is so heavy on the brain. Think actually it is one of the worst to come of off...
I never experimented with MDMA but from what I have read it also depletes seratonin and can have some after effects such as what you are describing.   I was always afraid of taking something like that or Coke that would make me lose control of myself and my thoughts.  They race enough as it is...LOL!    Honestly, I don't like it when my mind does that.   Opiates tended to jack me up with energy but I didn't feel like my mind was racing unless I took too much.  
I understand what you mean. For me stimulants like M or C can be amazing at big events, if taken propperly and with a good break in between to get your brain and body restored, at least 2 months always (somehow I never had a problem with this but used opies daily... wtf)  The opiates are nice for use on a normal day... but thats so weird actually because as I stated it is within my beliefs that you should be very carefull with stimulants etc and really make sure you take a long enought break in between, and I have no problem with that, but I took opies almost daily without thinking to much about it, thats weird isnt it. Like I know how to handle one drug( stimulant) , but dont how to handle the other (opiate/AD), which is at least as dangerous/destructive long term
I didn't get the zaps or shivers you describe but it affects people so differently. The chills were awful, and that is a serotonin thing, partially, I've read. I had ringing in my ears, too.

The good news is that for me those chills and sweats finally abated. In fits and spurts I felt better until now 18 days later I feel I regulate my temp fairly normally, even tho I just jumped ship off hydro. So far so good with that.

I hope you feel much, much better soon. Hopefully these things will resolve together and you'll feel like a new person.
glad to hear you are feeling good at 18 days. Im on day 7 and still pretty sick but as I stated bfore I think it has something to do with the flu.

on previous tries I would feel totally fine at day 7 but this time it is al so different. what I do know for sure now is that i will never in my life accept an ssri or snri from a doc and ofcourse also no tramadol. These things do not help, they only do harm and damage to the quality of life!
Congrats on day 7; sorry to hear you are still feeling bad :(  That really *****; you make it through the worst part of w/d but then get the flu?????  Wow what luck . . .   You are gonna be lovin life in a few days when that gets better!

You are so right about how trams affect the quality of life.  Aside from the physical stuff, are you feeling any depression or low energy?
hey fourjay yes I do feel down and overemotional and very tired ... guess that will takr a bit longer to heal:)

o btw good thing is I am not craving trams at all (sudden realisation). I think its partly brcause Im still in such pain and know its from tramadol and partly because I have non in my house so non to think of ..