Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Klipal or Voltaren Plus?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Klipal or Voltaren Plus?

Now I have a question about Klipal, otherwise known as Voltaren Plus - just found out that my soon to be ex (who is supposedly tapering) has gone from 30mg. codeine, to Tylenol N3, and now he's ordered 360 pills of Klipal.  I'm scared for him.  I'm scared for me.  I know I can't control it, I can't even confront him.  I have to get out because he's obviously not going to quit or go into recovery, but I can't help but try to keep myself informed.  This world of pain-killers is something I know a lot more about today than a few months ago, but I still find it confusing and scarey.  Maybe this isn't appropriate for me to ask even, I just can't seem to help myself.  
I am so sorry.

I have never taken it myself, but it easy to get and a step up from the Tylenol3.

It does not sound like he is making a step in the right direction...
Umm...that's an anti- steroidal anti-inflammatory, isn't it? It's a VERY strange switch from opiate use. Are you sure he isn't dealing?

It isn't to be taken causally...
When I looked up Klipal it had 50mg. of codeine in it, doesn't that still make it part of the opiate family?  Dealing?  How do you deal this stuff?  No, I take that back, I don't want to know - you could be right, what do I know?  I didn't know I was married to a codeine/pain killer addict for more than 7 years (that's all he'll admit to) so if he deals and if so how - could be.  Sounds like that could be even scarier.  This really has got me spooked.
I don't know about Klipal, but I'm taking Voltaren now.  It doesn't get someone "high".  It's an anti-inflamitory, so if you have an injury like I have (a broken arm), it eases the swelling and thus the pain.  It's not a narcotic.  If you take too many of them you'll get a major stomach ache.  If he's "dealing" this, he must know some arthritic people or if he's trying to get high on it he may as well try licking the belly of a frog.