Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Klonopin withdrawal tinnitus
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Klonopin withdrawal tinnitus

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has severe tinnitus after stopping medication, preferably in the Benzo class ?  I stopped Klonpin April 07, had tinnitus for around 3 months, it went away.  Then it slowly returned over time, then in Jan 08, I started having it again, non stop 24-7.  A very, very, very, loud screaming in my ears, sometimes 2-3 different tone levels.  It's so bad, I wake up during sleep.

I've been told nothing can be done about it.  Has anyone found relief from tinnitus ?  
Thank you  
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
548568_tn?1291850924
Hi,
I was on xanax for 20 years. Whenever I stopped I always had ringing in my ears.
This lasted for me about 6 months, everyday.
It finally stopped . ALthough I don't take xanax anymore I still crave them like crazy/
benzo's are very hard to stop
best of luck to you
paaddict
Blank
374251_tn?1246239257
i have the worst ringing in my ears, i'm tapering off methadone and i take clonidine (.2mg three times a day). that's alot while i still take the done. i only take that much cause i wanna sleep, i only get about 2 hours a day.  anyhow, no doctor can help with the ringing, saying when i stop taking pills, ringing will go away.  i still think i have a brain tumor, ringing is SO loud!    

-jesse
Blank
Well, it sounds like someone with a whistle is following me around all the time. 24/7. Started more than a year ago and closely resembles my clean time. I am told there is nothing to be done about tinnitus. I do have an Ear, Nose, Throat appointment - but I hold not much hope for it....................good luck to you...............eagle
Blank
When I went off Xanax, I had severe vertigo for almost a year. In fact, I almost had to quit my job.  At first they thought it was tinnitus, but it was actually caused by anxiety.  
So....I would also get checked by an ear nose throat dr., just to be sure it's not inner ear.  Hopefully it is something they can fix for you soon.  I do know that that is a horrible feeling/sound!  Good luck!
sleeplesss
Blank
Thanks so much everyone.  Hopefully we find relief from tinnitus.  Guess all any one of us can do is cross our fingers and hope it goes away.  Mine was induced by medication and the doctor ignores the fact that medications can cause it.  

Good luck to everyone, finding relief from tinnitus.    

Blank
Can you believe the doctors. Sometimes they are the last to know. Withdrawals from benzos can be vicious!
Blank
I strongly believe it's from taking klonopin only take .25mg a day for a month now once I Stopped for a few day I got tinnitus. beware of this pill.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...