Klonopin withdrawal tinnitus
I was wondering if anyone has severe tinnitus after stopping medication, preferably in the Benzo class ?  I stopped Klonpin April 07, had tinnitus for around 3 months, it went away.  Then it slowly returned over time, then in Jan 08, I started having it again, non stop 24-7.  A very, very, very, loud screaming in my ears, sometimes 2-3 different tone levels.  It's so bad, I wake up during sleep.

I've been told nothing can be done about it.  Has anyone found relief from tinnitus ?  
Thank you  
I was on xanax for 20 years. Whenever I stopped I always had ringing in my ears.
This lasted for me about 6 months, everyday.
It finally stopped . ALthough I don't take xanax anymore I still crave them like crazy/
benzo's are very hard to stop
best of luck to you
paaddict
i have the worst ringing in my ears, i'm tapering off methadone and i take clonidine (.2mg three times a day). that's alot while i still take the done. i only take that much cause i wanna sleep, i only get about 2 hours a day.  anyhow, no doctor can help with the ringing, saying when i stop taking pills, ringing will go away.  i still think i have a brain tumor, ringing is SO loud!    

-jesse
Well, it sounds like someone with a whistle is following me around all the time. 24/7. Started more than a year ago and closely resembles my clean time. I am told there is nothing to be done about tinnitus. I do have an Ear, Nose, Throat appointment - but I hold not much hope for it....................good luck to you...............eagle
When I went off Xanax, I had severe vertigo for almost a year. In fact, I almost had to quit my job.  At first they thought it was tinnitus, but it was actually caused by anxiety.  
So....I would also get checked by an ear nose throat dr., just to be sure it's not inner ear.  Hopefully it is something they can fix for you soon.  I do know that that is a horrible feeling/sound!  Good luck!
sleeplesss
Thanks so much everyone.  Hopefully we find relief from tinnitus.  Guess all any one of us can do is cross our fingers and hope it goes away.  Mine was induced by medication and the doctor ignores the fact that medications can cause it.  

Good luck to everyone, finding relief from tinnitus.    

Can you believe the doctors. Sometimes they are the last to know. Withdrawals from benzos can be vicious!
I strongly believe it's from taking klonopin only take .25mg a day for a month now once I Stopped for a few day I got tinnitus. beware of this pill.