Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Klonopin withdrawl(withdrawal) question

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Klonopin withdrawl(withdrawal) question

My Doctor perscribed me Klonopin to help me get through a bout of anxiety/.insomnia.  I was on about 2 mgs for three weeks.  I was unaware that this drug was so addictive (as well as dangerous)  I went off cold turkey and several days later had severe insomnia as well as panic attacks.  I was put back on and have currently been taking 1 mg for the past week and although the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms have been somewhat bad, they are bearable.  What would be a realistic tapering for my situation?
Hi~  In your case just stay in touch with your doctor. It's important to taper off this medicine and he/she can help you do that.
All the best~
Vicki
wow!!!  you sound like me. I was just put on some as well . and same thing happen to me. Let me know if you get a good answer , i'm wanting to know myself.
my support is there, blessings and many prayers to ya, memL