Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
L-Tyrosine and B-6

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

L-Tyrosine and B-6

Anyone have any experience taking these?? I read where L-Tyrosine and B-6 together can help with energy, mood, stress, depression during this detox. Also can you continue taking them after you are "clean". Last time I wd I had severe depression after 4 months clean. Was always a happy person before I messed myself up with the devil pills. Is this something that I will have to deal with the rest of my life? Have I messed up my neurotransmitters for good? Like I said never had depression before until after being off the pills. That one pill did it -and back again. I'll always remember someone told me "one pill is too many and 10,000 is never enough" how true, how true it is. On my first day of detox, feeling lethargic, achey (achy) and a lot of bathroom time!! Should I take something for that or let it come out!! Ha Ha!!! Jamie47
The tyrosine with b6 helps with energy level and it is suppose to get the brain functioning back to normal. It is working for me with the energy level along with b12. Dont think it helps with depression. There are other natural things you can take for anxiety and such. Just go to your local health food store and ask. All you are experiencing is normal wd symptoms. Good luck with everything.
I've had good results from the L-tyrosine and Vitamin B Complex... I am 47 days CLEAN and still take the L-tyrosine EVERY OTHER DAY... If I take it every day,,,, I get a little too anxious...

Rhodiola Rosea is another thing you might want to try... it's along the same line as the L-Tyrosine.. helps with re-establishing your fried neuro-transmitters... (and if you're like me... we did a good job of FRYING them)  

It does take awhile to start feeling normal again.. (whatever Normal is)
Hang in there... and remember that EVERYDAY THAT YA DON'T USE IS A BETTER DAY THEN WHEN YA DID!  
Good luck and keep us posted..