Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
LINGERING OPIATE WITHDRAWAL OR SOMETHING SERIOUS? (PAWS)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi Everyone,

I am almost 3 months clean, from a 3 year stint taking norcos/20mg a day.  I was wondering if anyone else has had continuing physical symptoms this far into the game.  I have read online that 14days and I should be feeling normal?  The symptoms seems to come in waves and last a few day to a few hours.  These are the symptoms:

Nausea/ fatigue
Weird burning and tingling in the legs and feet
muscle twitches, especially after I work out
bouts of light headedness
feeling like my head is full of helium and that I am out of my body

I am very concerned if this is normal or the beginning of some neurological disorder.

I have been to a neurologist, cardiologist and rheumatologist, and all say that I am normal.  I am freaking that this is the beginning of something, and that they are missing it.

Is this PAWS?  Please share if you have had similar experiences.

Thanks.  
It fits the clinical definition of PAWS - - I am assuming that your previous medical encounters have already looked into blood pressure and all of the usual suspects. Its been my experience that just plain old Anxiety presented in various ways such as panic attacks and the like can be behind these types of symptoms. Look into the Amino Acid Protocols here on medhelp and particularly investigate Theanine (its like natures valium!) I would look in that direction  myself...... Good luck!
I agree with eagle101. Anxiety and depression can wreak all sorts of havoc on not just your mind but your body. I suffer from anxiety and frequently get the numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, shortness of breath, chest pain, all that good stuff. If you have ruled out all of the physical stuff that could be wrong maybe you should talk to your dr about the psychological aspect. Maybe just a little therapy to teach relaxation techniques and ways to cope with stress would help you. Good luck!
3 months your are still recovering. Just give it some more time. Should be a little better every day. I have never felt good after 2 weeks no way. But I hear 6-12 months for the best recovery time.
Are you staying very thirsty?  Bc that list is exactly a list of diabetes symptoms aside from thirst and frequent urination....id check into blood sugar
May only be anxiety tho. Anxiety attacks will actually have u scared to death that you are about to die. I have to take 2mg klonopin for panic/anxiety attacks. I get warm feet, dizzy, rapid heart rate, my arm will even draw up like im having a heart attack .....maybe its anxiety. Thats a huge factor of opiate withdrawals
I agree with all above..I had all that in the beginning..Like Back2Me said it could be just the detox part going on..He is right it did take me 6 months..But we all are different and age and how hard & how many substances we came off has alot to do with it..You know like your health..I did have a blood test done because of the weakness and thinking I could of became a diabetic..It came out Neg..So if this does go on do get it checked..OK..
Hi and welcome ! Are you saying you were taking two Norco 10/325s a day ? That is a light habit and it could be paws . Have you had any anxiety issues before the opiates ?
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Yes, it was only 20mg a day, but it was for 3 years straight and I quite cold turkey.  I have not had any other anxiety issues before this, and never had these symptoms prior to quitting.  

I have had literally every test under the sun, and everything came back normal.  I am thankful for the results, although it frustrates me that the symptoms keep persisting.  

At this point, it is the tingling and funny feeling in the legs, and phantom aches in my glutes, and the random muscle twitches.  

I have been back to see my neuro three times, and he seemed quite convinced that I had nothing serious going on.

I know everyone has different experiences and I just want to see if anyone has had similar physical symptoms persist?  I am 30 years old.