Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
LYRICA

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

LYRICA

Hi,I'm not trying to start a long thread here just a quick question for those who are in the know about Lyrica.I have diabetic Neurapathy and need all the help I can get but can use another addiction like a whole in the head.So My question is,Lyrica:addictive?I know it gives a high at about 450mgs but I dont plan on doing that but in general is it addictive?Thanks.
i dont really know, but if you google it it will give you that info...my mom took it for months and just quit when she had her back surgery...she didnt suffer.
cathy

p.s. good to see you
Lyrica shouldn't be addictive at the low doses used for neuropathy.  My grandmothers been on it or the other derivative, gabapentin, for years.  Just take it at low doses.  It works wonders for treating nerve pain though.  
     Thanks guys,I did a little research and along with your helpfull comments I will give it a try,anything to cut back on the percs.(UGH).Thanks again.
i take it for epilepsy(one of many lol) i personally have had no problems with it...i have missed some doses and i wasnt sick or anything like u get when u r addicted to anything .......i think it non addicitve my luck im wrong lol.....one think thoug at first it was hard on my stomach..just made me feel nauseated....but its ok now...hope this helps....
Thanks for the help hun.Without a doubt it helps to hear from someone like yourself who uses it.I am going to give it a try.I know the feeling btw about the "one of many"lol.Thanks again Oxygirl.
your welcome sweetie.....it also is supposed to help with pain...i cant tell that it is for me but thats what my dr said
I do know people who take it for pain...I take nuerontin which is similar but not quite as strong...it works for them....not known to be addictive...just stay close to home the first couple of times you take it to find out how it affects you
Lyrica can be addictive at high doses but it is specifically for diabetic neuropathy or shingles pain. Also just recently approved for Fibromyalgia,
It is definitely worth trying. I have atypical neuralgia and it works for me.
Good luck with this, hope it helps.
I have read that if you are already a person that struggles with addiction, Lyrica can cause addictive tendencies to come out. They even say that in that new Fibromyalgia commercial.
I knew it could be addcitive but I didn't know about that commercial  specificaly saying that. Good to know.
well if you have nerve pain, and nerve pain can be the absolute worst type of pain!  then i would have to say give it a try, it is pricey, and sometimes insurance dosent always cover it, so if not covered by insurance, ask about neurontin, i take neurontin 600 mgs three times a day and it helps with my everyday pain quite well. lyrica and neurontin are in the same class of drugs and are not physically addictive.