Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Lasherslaugh Controversy

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Lasherslaugh Controversy

I am a "lurker" who has been reading these posts for 3-4 months now.  I am a friend of someone who is addicted to Oxy's and I am trying to educate myself so that I may be in a better position to help her.  I hope that is "ok" with everyone. I truly mean well, but sometimes I feel like I'm evesdropping. Please believe me, all of you hopefully will be HELPING HER by educating me.

I am appealing to everyone to stop posting in regard to what happened after lasherslaugh's first post.  It is counter-productive and is just causing more controversy between all of the great folks on here. You are ALL caring and wonderful people, so please get back to helping each other which you do so well.

I think posting to try to get lasherslaugh back on here is, of course, of high priority, and should be continued. She needs you ALL.

If you agree with me, please do not respond to me or bring up the controvery. This is not intended to be a lecture, just an appeal to all of you wonderful people to quit apologizing or defending yourself. Please just drop it and get back to helping each other.

I might be posting in the near future with some specific quentions on how I might be able to help my friend.  Your insight, experiences, and huge hearts have been, and would be, most helpfull.  She is in denial, and probably has not told anyone about her problem.  She probably feels so alone, has fears of what her future will be, fears of withdrawal, and so tired of counting pills. I have cried for her many times as I cry when I have read many of your posts.

Thank you to all, and please, please do not take this post in the wrong way.

Friend999

Tags: Addiction
glad to see you post and welcome. there are many here that can help you with questions regarding your friend. don't be afraid of that post, it's only 1 or 2 people on here that like to cause trouble and feed of those negative posts. anyway, we look forward to hearing from you and it's great your trying to help your friend. i wish you the best of luck and please ignore the few idiots on here cause 99% of people on here are amazing and helpful. good luck
Welcome Friend glad you are here hope we can help you.
You have to ignor negative people and negative comments. Most have the best intentions but as in the real world some people just like to stir up trouble. It's not good for the soul so just ignor.

Have a great day
I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing for this friend!  I hope one day she will see that and know how very much you care.  Please keep posting.  And I hope you can help her.  GOOD LUCK!
swtbreezie
Hello Friend,Im clueless inregards to the outside issue you refer to.So how do you personally find this forum,remember like A.A. only a small part is about the (DRUGS) mostly its in my opinion about living life on lifes terms.The more we come together the more we seem to be alike.Your a good and caring friend and you know what!! This forun is an excellent form of therapy,in all areas of life.One thing addicts get pissed off about is people sticking their noses in,even though you mean VERY-WELL,The old saying set it free and if it was yours it will return.I think that applies to alot of life choices.I wish i had a caring friend like yourself,Cheers and all the best john
Your friend is a very lucky girl to have someone that cares enough to educate themselves on her addiction. Dont feel like your evesdroppping, we are here to come together for help. for ourselves and others. We discover when we try to get clean that the advice and opinions of others help us to stay clean. stay with her , help her all you can , and love her for who she is under the addiction. Try not to let it get you down when she relapses or anything like that , it is all part of the process of cleaning up. good luck and prayers going out for you both...
I bet your friend does feel alone, addiction is a lonely world. Other then my husband and this site there is nobody that knows just how deep mine runs. I keep people at an arms reach just because of it. I have been on this site for only a couple of weeks and I have found this to be tremendously helpful. I am still at this point not clean, I'm on a lower dose then what I normally take till my appt for suboxone. Just taking enough to keep withdrawals to a minimum. I keep posting to keep myself encouraged to keep the appointment. Reading others journeys to recovery gives me hope that it can be done without lives falling apart (especially mine).  I read and like you educate myself as much as I can. Its also nice to hear that I'm not the only one going through it. Even though you know addictions out there its just a good feeling to hear others words of encouragement and supportiveness and to give it back. At this point I really cant say a whole lot because Im still tangled up in this mess I have created for myself, but I would like to think that my posts will help someone like you trying to help their friend in need. The important thing is to make sure she is not alone, dont judge her or make her feel any less of herself, she is already beating herself up, trust me. Keep being her friend thats what she needs more then anything right now. Good luck :)    
hi friend i am cathy, i wanted to personally apologize for part in that fiasco...i am not the person i came across as.  but i am human...i make mistakes..sorry

your friend is very lucky.  i will say a prayer for you
cathy
Welcome to the forum.
Is there any way you can show your friend this forum?....Reading others posts for awhile will let her see there are many others like her and that she is NOT alone. Heck...you never know...she just might even come out of her denial...or at least it might get her thinking about it!!

Good luck..and keep posting.
Thnx for the post. Your statement about drugs is so true. When people think addiction they think drugs,,drugs are only a symptom of the desease of addiction. I"ve seen many people get off drugs only to replace them with sex,gambling,shopping,,you name it.I believe that you can ct,taper,use sub but those are all about wds not recovery (of course getting clean is the 1st step) It takes sooo much more then just quitting drugs to arrest your addiction. As you said,its about a life change,,gl to all
Thank you all for your concern for my friend.  Now that I have posted once, I think I will again with a question.  Please see my post entitled "Another kind of trigger".

My best to all of you.

Friend