Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Length of Suboxone Withdrawals

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Length of Suboxone Withdrawals

Hey everyone,
First of all, I was addicted to Oxycontin for over a year, then went to an addiction specialist for suboxone.  I have been on Suboxone for two years now, and I just finally quit cold turkey after tapering from 24mg a day to 2mg over those two years.  I'm on day 4 of no suboxone and am taking clonazepam for sleep and anxiety, but the withdrawals are still very bad.  Not as bad as when I went through Oxy withdrawals, but the restless legs, hot and cold sweats, shakes, etc. are all still there.  I am trying to understand how long it will take until I feel "normal".  I'm afraid that because I have been on the Subs for so long that it is going to be a very long, difficult battle, but I don't know.  My Dr. said the physical withdrawals should only last 48 hours, at the most, but I've already found that not to be true.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
I just came off sub about a couple weeks ago. Just in the last 2 days I'm getting some energy back. The acute wds lasted about 4 days. Stay strong, it WILL get better I promise. It's weird how fast the body starts to heal. A few days ago I felt like I had no energy then out of the blue it starts coming back. Drink LOTS of water/Gatorade and take vitamins. Try and eat well, it really does help doing those things. Get out for a walk even if it's the last thing you want to do. The fresh air and exercise helps both body and mind.

Your doing great. I know how hard you worked to get off, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight!!
Ps I just noticed you jumped a little higher then I did so the acute might last a bit longer. But I doubt you have much further to go with the physical stuff. It will subside soon (you might even see a marked difference tommorow) just stay strong knowing it'll be over soon. :)