Length of Suboxone Withdrawals
Hey everyone,
First of all, I was addicted to Oxycontin for over a year, then went to an addiction specialist for suboxone.  I have been on Suboxone for two years now, and I just finally quit cold turkey after tapering from 24mg a day to 2mg over those two years.  I'm on day 4 of no suboxone and am taking clonazepam for sleep and anxiety, but the withdrawals are still very bad.  Not as bad as when I went through Oxy withdrawals, but the restless legs, hot and cold sweats, shakes, etc. are all still there.  I am trying to understand how long it will take until I feel "normal".  I'm afraid that because I have been on the Subs for so long that it is going to be a very long, difficult battle, but I don't know.  My Dr. said the physical withdrawals should only last 48 hours, at the most, but I've already found that not to be true.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
I just came off sub about a couple weeks ago. Just in the last 2 days I'm getting some energy back. The acute wds lasted about 4 days. Stay strong, it WILL get better I promise. It's weird how fast the body starts to heal. A few days ago I felt like I had no energy then out of the blue it starts coming back. Drink LOTS of water/Gatorade and take vitamins. Try and eat well, it really does help doing those things. Get out for a walk even if it's the last thing you want to do. The fresh air and exercise helps both body and mind.

Your doing great. I know how hard you worked to get off, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight!!
Ps I just noticed you jumped a little higher then I did so the acute might last a bit longer. But I doubt you have much further to go with the physical stuff. It will subside soon (you might even see a marked difference tommorow) just stay strong knowing it'll be over soon. :)