Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Liver Recovery

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been told the liver does regenerate quite quickly. For each day off toxins ie; alcohol, acetaphentermine, the liver recovers. My brother was told by his doctor if he wants to drink beer (he is young), to drink one day and skip the next as this gives the liver a chance to regenerate. Hope this helps...

Liver Recovery

Has anyone here done any research on how long (if ever) it takes for the liver to recover after all of the acetaminophen a lot of us have been taking? I know the liver can regenerate, but does it recover after years of overdoing it on acetaminophen? I can find tons of research on acetaminophen overdose, but nothing on the healing and regeneration of the liver?? Anyone??